Oregon
Options

Welcome to the new Knot format!

What do you guys think so far?
There are still a few bugs here and there that are getting worked out, but for the most part things are up and running.  Let me know if you're having any problems and I can try to help you out or notify the head honchos of the bug.
"That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton

Re: Welcome to the new Knot format!

• Options
    edited December 2011

I hate it.  Definitely hate it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate it too. Everything is so friggin slow.
    And no one likes the stupid tv, what's the point of even having it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And there is just way too much going on.  It needs to have a simpler format.  I don't visit this site nearly as much as I used to because it is just so busy, slow and gives me a headache.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]And there is just way too much going on.  It needs to have a simpler format.  I don't visit this site nearly as much as I used to because it is just so busy, slow and gives me a headache.
    Posted by jennylee753[/QUOTE]

Amen sister. This is the only board I really check anymore.
    If you're going to make it like the nest, make it like the nest. Otherwise, should have left it alone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you Shift-Click up at the top where it links back to the Oregon board, it will open a new page without the TV.  Bookmark that and avoid the regular Knot site.  Or here's the link (assuming it posts correctly).

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_welcome-new-knot-format

Agree that I hate how slow it is now.  Also don't like the cluttered pages. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like that you can post without going to a new page, but it way to slow. Before the change as long as I hit stop on the TV it would load at a decent speed, but it's off now and the pages still take forever to load.
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's loading just fine for me but the page is so freaking cluttered.  There are blogs I don't read for that exact reason and, while I'm not super active here, I may go away all together.

Wait, was that the point of this change, to have me runoft?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just died from information overload. and so did the computer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You figured us out, Drama.  The upgrade plan looks like this:
    Phase 1 -- Upgrade board format
    Phase 2 -- RUNNOFT DramaGeek
    Phase 3 -- ??
    Phase 4 -- Profit!!

They're still trying to figure out phase 3.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think this is the main local page w/out TV: http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon

You can get it moderately faster and less cluttered if you run Firefox, get the adblock plus plug-in and block this site: baynote.net.

Which is not unnecessarily complicated or annoying at.all. Nope, not at all.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Damn you, Cali, and your super secret ways!!

(I totally forgot that runoft was from a knot message board spinoff and that no one here would get the reference.  I suck)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Isn't it from O Brother Where Art Thou?  We thought you was a toad!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards