Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Where should I get my dressed altered?

I bought my dress from a large wedding shop and heard they are expensive to alter a dress. I live in the East Valley in Arizona. Where would you recommend alterations? Thank you in advance.

Re: Where should I get my dressed altered?

• Options
    yeah I am not sure where to go either but won't need to see one till January 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Go see Gemma at Gemma's Fashion and Sewing in Chandler.  She and her sister Lyn are amazing!  Beautiful work and she is VERY detail-oriented.  She's not finished until you're completely happy with the way your dress looks.  I had her work on two dresses for me.  Her shop number is 480-899-2736.  Tell her Joan says hello! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you Joan very much! Does she add detail on a dress like beading if you wanted to add it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll check them out :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @april&amanda, absolutely.  Gemma's got a FB page where you can see some of the custom bead work she's done if you like.  She can basically do anything you ask for, including having a dress made from scratch!  I had her completely re-design one of my dresses.  She basically changed the entire bottom of the dress for me.  That said, I had a second dress that needed minimal alterations but I wanted to add some details so she added a custom hand-beaded crystal spray to the hip of the dress that looked amazing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome thank you :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

http://www.janetkirkman.com/

Go to Janet! She is so sweet, professional, skilled, and affordable! In Scottsdale by Old Town

• Options

I had a great experience with Sandra at Alterations, Etc. I had her alter my wedding dress and two bridesmaids dresses and all turned out great... and the pricing was super reasonable.

http://www.alterationsetc.net/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards