Knottie Tech Help

Cannot access wedding website to edit

I created my wedding website on the Knot back in October and now I cannot access it through theknot.com to edit it. I'm slightly freaking out because I included the website address on my save the dates and now I have no way to update it as it gets closer to my May wedding. Please tell me there is a fix for this.

Re: Cannot access wedding website to edit

• I'm having the same issue.  I sent an email to customer service yesterday, but I haven't heard back from them yet.  Is anybody else having this problem?
  • They won't get back to you until Monday Ladies. @KnotRiley
  • Thanks @Blue_Bird!

I've sent your information over to our tech team and they'll try to get this resolved ASAP. If you have anymore questions please let me know!

Thanks!
    KR
  • No problem. :)
  • I'm still having issue...when should it be resolved?

• I couldn't access mine today, either.  When will this be fixed?
  • I'm following up with tech and I'll update you all as soon as I find out. 

Any details about the issues you're experiencing would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
  • I'm having the same issue, I believe.  I click "my website" and it takes me to a plain site that says:

400 Bad Request

Request Header Or Cookie Too Large

nginx
  • I can't access mine either... I too need to update with hotel info for my guests.  When does TK anticipate a resolution on this.  My account also seems to occasionally be hijacked by a Bethany (and that is not my name at all.) 

• Hi All,

Just an update from tech:

The 400 bad request is an ongoing issue that they're actively working on. They're trying to get this resolved as quickly as possible. A potential fix for you is to clear your cookies, tech said this has resolved the issue for a number of users.

As for the other issues tech is looking into why you're being redirected, just to be on the safe side I'd also suggest clearing your cookies.

If you have any more issues come up please don't hesitate to let me know! The more detail you provide the better tech can dig into the issue so any screenshots or information about what's happening is greatly appreciated!

Thanks and again I'm so sorry about all these issues!
    KR
  • Im having a different problem! When I click wedding websites, it directs me to the original page, to choose a style of page, as if I hadn't yet made a website. Then it continuously refreshes itself so that no matter what I click on, it brings me back to the top to start all over again.

When I search for my website, I can still find it, but I can't do anything to edit it. Is this happening to anyone else as well?
  • I'm having the same issue. I can google search my website but I can't edit it. Whenever I try to it takes me to the choose a style page and keeps refreshing. I really need to update this asap.
  • HdawgrxHdawgrx member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2015
  • I cleared my cookies and the "400 Bad Request" is no longer the issue.  I am now having the same issues as those above me, and the page just keeps refreshing.  I am unable to click on anything.
    knot.jpg 118.8K
  • Everyone, thank you so much for your patience, I'm so sorry you're experiencing these issues. 

I've just updated tech with everything you've given/told me, as well as sent them all of your information. They're actively working to fix this, but please let me know if you experience anymore issues.

Thank you!!
    KR
  • Another update from tech:

There was an outage last night affecting the wedding website editors-- tech has taken a look at each of your websites and it appears to be working on their end but if you experience any issues with it please let me know and they will make sure to get to it ASAP.

Thanks!!
  • I am having the same issues as the ladies above. I go to the edit webpage link and it takes me to a page that continually reloads itself. I have already set up our page and the edit webpage link sends me to a page that looks as though it is for someone who is just starting their page. I have tried multiple browsers, updating my flash, making sure my cookies is on, cleared my cookies, and I've tried multiple devices (laptop, tablet and phone) and it does the same thing every time. My actual website is up and I can go to it if I type in the web address directly but I am unable to edit it.
  • I'm having the exact same issues.  Constantly reloading of the webpage like I'm just setting up a website.  Please help.  Need to update my site ASAP!!!

• Yayyy!!  I was able to update my website.  I'm excited all over again.

• Great @DentWedding!! So happy it's working again! Please let me know if you run into anymore issues!
  • I'm unable to access my old page editor since the site upgrade. I have no way of retrieving the information that I had on the pages for my previous site unless they were already "accessible" to the public. I put a lot of time into what I wrote about my bridal party but hadn't added it to the main site yet because I was waiting for information from my fiance on his groomsmen. Is this lost to me forever?
  • Hi @audetteak,

Please give us a call at 877-THE-KNOT or email at help@TheKnot.com

Thanks!
    KR
  • Hi I am having the same issues as above as far as being able to access my website to edit. Mine was also built back before the switch of platforms.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards