Oregon

First Dance Song, and other questions about music

So we are going to dance to "True Love Ways" by Buddy Holly for our first dance, also after that we want our parents to have a dance together, but I can't decide on a song, and Frank S inatra just shouts out "Dance you old farts!" ... or does it? 

I also want a variety of music INCLUDING some Metallica and Adelitas Way, but Matt is worried our parents (meaning mine, they are uppity and snobby) will be horrified. Do I care? No. 

So I am just getting some ideas from you all about what you're using for music, I am getting a lit together. Thanks!

Re: First Dance Song, and other questions about music

• edited December 2011
    If you want those first songs I wouldn't not do them because they seam old. All the best music for a wedding is old and been done a million times. We did Stand By Me for our parent dance.

Our DJ told us to save the bands we love for a house party because sadly people usually only dance to what they hear on the radio. We played a few songs I loved during dinner that were more alternative but people were talking so loud no one noticed what was playing. I bet if you played one or two songs that weren't supper loud you parents wouldn't notice either. 
  • edited December 2011
    My fiancee and I are going to x the dj and compose our own play list for the reception on a laptop. It is so much easier to have all the songs we want for less $, plus we will have control over making the music more us. We are going to ask a friend that has sound background to hook up speakers and monitor the play and pause. We have some songs that are going to be a little racy with my very Catholic family, but over all wedding appropiate that reflect who we are. These are some of the fun dancing songs we have chosen so far:   Feeling Good-Michael Buble, Shout- The Isley Brothers, What is and What Should Never Be - Led Zepplin, God is a DJ - Pink, Pour some sugar on me - Def Leppord, White and Nerdy - Weird Al, Jump Around - House of Pain, What I got - Sublime, Devil's Dance Floor - Flogging Molly, Word Up - Korn, Istanbol (Not Constantinople) - They Might Be Giants. We will also be adding some more goth rock, metal, and swing to our list.

Hopefully this gives you some ideas and congrads!

-Angela

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards