Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Sugar factory Las Vegas

Has anyone had a reception here before? If so did you use a private room? What was the f&b minimum? What would it be like to just have 20 guests in the main restaurant? Also does anyone know how much tax etc gets added on the bill? (I'm from the uk) Any information/help would be brill thank you please!

Re: Sugar factory Las Vegas

• Options
    hmgifforhmgiffor member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 2015

I LOVE Sugar Factory...I DO NOT love their customer service. Several of us have tried to plan receptions and meet/greets there and they are HORRIBLE with responses and provide very little information. The general manager saw my comments and reached out personally. At first he was helpful and then stopped communicating just like the other lady. Would not recommend unless you want to be stressed out.

20 guests in the main restaurant would be a lot and it gets really noisy in there so I would recommend the private area (if you decide to go with them). Another thing to keep in mind is that they are currently remodeling the room. As it was, I really liked it but haven't seen the plans for the renovation.

If I remember correctly, their F&B minimum is $3500 for 2 hours. They weren't very flexible about adding more time despite me potentially spending WAY MORE than that. They do have several menus to choose from to fit just about any budget. There tax is 8.1%, 4.7% concession fee and 22% service charge.

Hope that helps!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey yeah I have read a few people saying they are hard to communicate with which is annoying since it looks exactly what we want! We wouldn't be spending anywhere near $3500 for 20 of us so we wouldn't get the private room but didn't really fancy being in the main restaurant either haha So that would be 34.8% extra at the end of the bill?! Is that the same price in all the restaurants in vegas? I thought it was around 12% for some reason! Thank you for all your info it's nice to speak to someone who knows there stuff, since I do not!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    So that would be 34.8% extra at the end of the bill?! Is that the same price in all the restaurants in vegas?
    ---
    The tax/service fee are pretty standard.  The 4.7% concession fee is new (to me). 

As a general ballpark rule, you can't escape the 8.1%, and then you should add 18-22% on top of that for service.   I calculated 30% when doing my budgets. 
  • Options
    They are horrible to deal with. We just sent there @ the service was horrid, food was nothing special for the steep prices & they cut out a lot off their menu so very slim selection. We had purchased a Groupon & they would not allow us to use. I would never use this place for a reception or group dining. Many other great options available which are much more reasonably priced!
  • Options
    Hi I was looking for a private room for under 20 guests. From all the ones I looked that only Canaletto and Maggianos were reasonable. Canaletto (Il Moro room) has no minimum spend so you pay the per person fixed menu price which ranges from around $45-80 plus the 28.1% fee for service and tax. Maggianos did have a room minimum of around $1800 but it was far less than what I was quoted elsewhere all around $3500. I'm sure the steakhouse at the aria was more reasonable with their minimum fee also and they have a private room for 20 http://www.aria.com/dining/groups-private-dining.
  • Options
    AustralianSamAustralianSam member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited January 2015

we had brunch here with a group of our weding guests (about 10 people) the morning after our wedding... I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE SET FOOT IN THAT PLACE!!! I loath bad customer service....and quiet frankly the chick on the door seating us was a flat out BITCH.

Sorry about that outburst. WORST service in my whole 4 weeks travelling the US for our wedding and honeymoon. Was an absolute embarrassment that I asked people to eat there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards