Registry and Gift Forum

Williams-Sonoma, no gift receipt?

We got a cast iron pan from one of our guests as a great gift for our wedding from WIlliams-Sonoma, where we did not have a registry. However, we got a different cast iron pan from our registry that we already used and therefore can't return. We really do not need two different cast iron pans, but the Williams-Sonoma pan did not come with a receipt. From what I understand they are pretty strict about returns, has anyone tried to return something to WS without a receipt?

Re: Williams-Sonoma, no gift receipt?

• Is it a WS brand? You should be able to get store credit.

• You will not get a credit if the reason it came without a gift receipt is that they received it as a gift on some occasion, have never used it and are passing it on.
    As someone who cooks a lot I cannot imagine not having at least 3 properly seasoned cast iron pans.

• You will not get a credit if the reason it came without a gift receipt is that they received it as a gift on some occasion, have never used it and are passing it on. As someone who cooks a lot I cannot imagine not having at least 3 properly seasoned cast iron pans.
    Ditto.  

With the exception of maybe appliances, I can't think of any kitchen items I would return because I already have one.    

We have at least 10 cutting boards, a few measuring cups/spoons, lord knows how many pots and pans.    All get used.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I am super terrible at cooking so I never even imagined possibly needing two cast iron skillets haha. Pretty sure this was not regifted, the giver is one of MIL's friends - I think she just likes Williams-Sonoma? It's still in the wrapping with the tags on it, just no receipt. I am trying to get better at cooking so maybe I will find a use for it?
  • Cast iron is great for outdoor cooking too.  Go find recipes for camping breakfasts on Pinterest and make one in a bonfire in your backyard.  I don't cook but own two cast iron skillets and have a cast iron dutch oven on my amazon wishlist.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards