Not Engaged Yet

Greetings =]

Hello Borad =]

Figured that I'd introduce myself. Not engaged, but he plans on popping the question around or just after our graduation. BUT until that day comes, I just gotta wait and use my building excitement constructively.  

Significant Other's Age: 33
What You Do: Bio/Anthropology student full time, Photographer 
What SO Does: Ph.D candidate 
State of Relationship: Bonded <3
How Long You've Been Together: 16 months (though this time is split)
How You Met: Was my old roommate's TA
Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Not engaged, but we're aiming for 2.6 as a date either next year or in 2017 (2.6 is an important day for us)
Real Babies: uh-uh
Fur Babies: A Shi-Tzu  who currently doesn't live with us </3
Loves: Food, Yoga, Star Trek, Talking, Traveling, Cameras, PINK....  
Hates: Stupidity 
Pet Peeves: Same as above
Hobbies/Activities: Yoga, Photography 
Favorite Thing About Your SO: Picking out one is hard, but I think I gotta say his heart and just how kind and loving he is to people he meets. He's always just super sweet =]
Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His soppy mustache. It just absorbs water like a sponge... 
Describe Your Personality: Generally a bubbly person, at least I think lol
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 7-10 depending on the day
I've Been On TK Since:  About 2 weeks for myself, but used it before to get ideas for work
How You Came to Be On TK: Work
How I like my potatoes: Edible. Seriously, I'll pretty much eat them any way they are made.  
Favorite book/author: Do text books count? =[
Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm a yogini, and a vegan who knows how to make a steak.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Greetings =]

• Welcome! Why are you using TK for work?

What is a yogini? Excuse my ignorance but I've never heard of this before.
  • Oh thats ok! Well when I use to shoot weddings, I use to check out the Wedding Ideas section on this site for prep and inspiration before a clients big day. And a yogini is basically a female who does yoga
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Pretty sure a female who does yoga is called a yogi, and I'm also pretty sure that's only with some level of training. 

ETA: Hi, and welcome! 

What do you hope to do with your degree?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • So, how long have you been together this round?
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hello Borad =]

Figured that I'd introduce myself. Not engaged, but he plans on popping the question around or just after our graduation. BUT until that day comes, I just gotta wait and use my building excitement constructively.  

Significant Other's Age: 33
    What You Do: Bio/Anthropology student full time, Photographer 
    What SO Does: Ph.D candidate 
    State of Relationship: Bonded <3
    How Long You've Been Together: 16 months (though this time is split)
    How You Met: Was my old roommate's TA
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Not engaged, but we're aiming for 2.6 as a date either next year or in 2017 (2.6 is an important day for us)
    Real Babies: uh-uh
    Fur Babies: A Shi-Tzu  who currently doesn't live with us </3
    Loves: Food, Yoga, Star Trek, Talking, Traveling, Cameras, PINK....  
    Hates: Stupidity 
    Pet Peeves: Same as above
    Hobbies/Activities: Yoga, Photography 
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: Picking out one is hard, but I think I gotta say his heart and just how kind and loving he is to people he meets. He's always just super sweet =]
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His soppy mustache. It just absorbs water like a sponge... 
    Describe Your Personality: Generally a bubbly person, at least I think lol
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 7-10 depending on the day
    I've Been On TK Since:  About 2 weeks for myself, but used it before to get ideas for work
    How You Came to Be On TK: Work
    How I like my potatoes: Edible. Seriously, I'll pretty much eat them any way they are made.  
    Favorite book/author: Do text books count? =[
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm a yogini, and a vegan who knows how to make a steak.
    1. I read this in Borat voice.
    2. I'm gagging. Legit GAGGING.

*******************************************************************************************

• Welcome! What's your biggest Pinterest disaster?
  • Swazzle 

By bonded, I mean together. He's stuck with me =p. He isn't my husband yet and we are not engaged, however I love him very much and can't imagine life without him. I supose my use of 'bonded' kinda shows that I need more of a life though lol 

And sorry for the long response time. I saw everything as bolded at first so I was originally replying to everything lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • audrewuh Nope, a yogi is unisex but more masculine. Yogini is female. I've practice yoga since 2007 and in a studio for 3 of those years. I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I'm pretty damn good at it =] I'm interested in disease transmission and how cultural knowledge and understanding plays a role in the spread illness. 

peekaboo2011 This time around, 13 months! We had broken up the first time because he felt that being with someone older would be the better choice for him. Apparently not.

GoldenPenguin Yes, reading that in Borat's voice I think was the best decision lol. That made my day =]

KeptInStitches My biggest Pinterest disaster was getting an account in the first place. I honestly don't know what happened to my life anymore 

Anyways, ya'll should tell me something interesting about you all! I've lurked around a bit, but there is a lot to read =]

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do you like guacamole?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • buddysmom80 Sadly, I'm allergic to avocados, and just about everything else that is amazing =\ But I did use to love them 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • audrewuh Nope, a yogi is unisex but more masculine. Yogini is female. I've practice yoga since 2007 and in a studio for 3 of those years. I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I'm pretty damn good at it =] I'm interested in disease transmission and how cultural knowledge and understanding plays a role in the spread illness. 

peekaboo2011 This time around, 13 months! We had broken up the first time because he felt that being with someone older would be the better choice for him. Apparently not.

GoldenPenguin Yes, reading that in Borat's voice I think was the best decision lol. That made my day =]

KeptInStitches My biggest Pinterest disaster was getting an account in the first place. I honestly don't know what happened to my life anymore 

Anyways, ya'll should tell me something interesting about you all! I've lurked around a bit, but there is a lot to read =]

Actually: Far from being merely a gender tag to all things yogi, "Yogini" represents both a female master practitioner of Yoga, and a formal term of respect for a category of modern female spiritual teachers (in both hinduism and buddhism) in eastern countries such as IndiaNepal, and TibetA Yogini is the sacred feminine force made incarnate: the goddesses of mythology as well as the ordinary human woman who is enlightened, both having exuberant passion, spiritual powers and deep insight, capable of giving birth to saints, peacemakers, and Yogis.

*******************************************************************************************

• justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Hi, @monniiauddii

Initially, I wasn't sure about what you meant by "bonded". However, your explanation really resonated with me. My SO and I are in a similar place. We are not engaged or married, but neither of us are going anywhere. Haha. 

What was your favorite vacation?

What is your favorite TV show or movie?  
  • Yogini makes me think of Nagini. 

What do you actually want to do with your degree, though? It sounds like you'll have to go on to get a PhD to do what you're talking about. Several other TKers do disease research and the like. 

Something interesting about us? We love to drink almost as much as we love our pets. 

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Hi!

Initially, I wasn't sure about what you meant by "bonded". However, your explanation really resonated with me. My SO and I are in a similar place. We are not engaged or married, but neither of us are going anywhere. Haha. 

I'm going to Chicago.

• What's your SO pursuing a PhD in?
  • I must say that I'm terribly sorry you're allergic to avocados. Also when I think of yogini I think of yogurt. That is all.
  • audrewuh said:
    Hi!

I'm going to Chicago.
    I'm going to Aruba.

• Actually: Far from being merely a gender tag to all things yogi, "Yogini" represents both a female master practitioner of Yoga, and a formal term of respect for a category of modern female spiritual teachers (in both hinduism and buddhism) in eastern countries such as IndiaNepal, and TibetA Yogini is the sacred feminine force made incarnate: the goddesses of mythology as well as the ordinary human woman who is enlightened, both having exuberant passion, spiritual powers and deep insight, capable of giving birth to saints, peacemakers, and Yogis.
    GoldenPenguin Thanks for that, I didn't know that the term extended beyond just meaning female practitioner! much more powerful than I had originally thought! 
    Hi!

Right? I think It's just a great word to describe my current position in life, but I'm happy with it! My favorite vacation thus far would have to be the one that I just got back from. I got to meet his entire family for the first time and spend my holiday season with him for the first time. That, and I made donuts. And lots of them =] My favorite TV show would be American Horror Story. I haven't seen the 4th 'season' yet but it's an awesome show!!

audrewuh said:
    Yogini makes me think of Nagini. 

What do you actually want to do with your degree, though? It sounds like you'll have to go on to get a PhD to do what you're talking about. Several other TKers do disease research and the like. 

Something interesting about us? We love to drink almost as much as we love our pets. 
    I mean, Nagini is a snake, a female and I guess you can call what they do yoga so... Same def? LOL

What I really want to do is STI community based research on how people think they are contracting an illness vs how they are actually getting it. Then I want to turn that information into a culturally relevant document to help people understand how to better protect themselves. Yup, I'll need to go to grad school and get a degree but I think I'll need a break from school after this semester lol. And really? I guess that shouldn't be a surprise  but that's awesome  about the other TKer in research =]

I'm also down with drinking and talking about pets so yay!

I'm sorry but yogini has me stuck on this. I'm probably going to end up in Buddhist and/or Hindu hell.

Ok I'll contribute something useful now. But yog**** is going on my list of "no-no" words.

Welcome!

Like @audrewah asked - Are you planning on pursuing some sort of advanced degree?

Something interesting about me - I judge...A LOT. Far more often than I probably should. I also really love wine, other NEY weddings, reading, and wine, oh, and guacamole.

This right here, is reminding me that it's time to eat! It's so no fair that I don't have this right now lol.
    I judge too so no worries =p  But you like wine so clearly you have great taste =]
    What's your SO pursuing a PhD in?
    In Chemical Engineering. Fingers crossed he'll be done after this semester =]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Swazzle and @audrewuh

I'm a bit confused. I was directing those questions towards the OP, but those sound like lovely trips you two are taking. haha
  • @LaPeanut1018 -I can feel you judging through the interwebz all the time. 
  • monniiauddiimonniiauddii member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2015
    I must say that I'm terribly sorry you're allergic to avocados. Also when I think of yogini I think of yogurt. That is all.
    You and me both >:[ The list of foods that I'm allergic to or have an intolerance to is filled with everything great. Like pineapples, kiwis, onion, garlic, apples. But I can have wine, most beers and cheese, so I know that God still loves me lol <3 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    Explanation:::::
    Swazzle said:
    audrewuh said:
    Hi!

I'm going to Chicago.
    I'm going to Aruba.

• I must say that I'm terribly sorry you're allergic to avocados. Also when I think of yogini I think of yogurt. That is all.
    You and me both >:[ The list of foods that I'm allergic to or have an intolerance to is filled with everything great. Like pineapples, kiwis, onion, garlic, apples. But I can have wine, most beers and cheese, so I know that God still loves me lol <3 
    THANK GOD you're not allergic to cheese! 
  • southernpeach89 RIGHT?!?! I normally don't eat real cheese, but the fact that I can makes me very happy =]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Swazzle said:
    audrewuh said:
    Hi!

I'm going to Chicago.
    I'm going to Aruba.
    I'm going to Texas.
    I french with my man
  • Swazzle said:
    Explanation:::::
    Swazzle said:
    audrewuh said:
    Hi!

I'm going to Chicago.
    I'm going to Aruba.

I'm going to....sigh...I'm not going anywhere. :(

• southernpeach89 RIGHT?!?! I normally don't eat real cheese, but the fact that I can makes me very happy =]
    So are you actually vegan or not? Because I'm really confused by the whole cheese thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards