April 2015 Weddings

Flowers

Does anyone know the general cost of a wedding bouquet? Do you think it would be cheaper to get silk bouquets made? Make our own?

Re: Flowers

• I'm using a grocery store florist, and for my bouquet, a MOH bouquet, and 3 bridesmaids' bouquets, using gerber daisies with some spray roses and fillers, plus 5 boutonniers, it's $428. They would charge $10 extra for each of the bouquet to provide the floral ribbon, but we're providing our own.

• I'm actually making my own with true-touch flowers from hobby lobby and afloral. 
    I just got some hydrangeas from Hobby Lobby and they are SO realistic. Not sure what the final cost will be, but I'm going simple and not doing boutonniers. So thinking maybe a few hundred. 
  • I am using silk flowers, and I think they look amazing! I bought them at afloral.com. I made my bouquet and seven bridesmaid's bouquets for about 175.00 dollars.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm using a flower company in Ohio where I live and they have a DIY option where you come in 1-2 days before your wedding and with the help of one of their floral coaches they help you assemble your flowers on site, but they order them, and help guide you to what flowers would look best and fit in your budget during your initial consultation. They also have other options too, them assembling them, or them ordering the flowers and you taking home the flowers and assembling them without help. 

We are receiving:

Bridal Bouquet –Consisting of 2 dozen “vendela” ivory roses and 8 stems yellow mini calla lilies.
    Stems will be wrapped in “bridal white” satin ribbon.

Toss Bouquet –Consisting of corresponding flowers, wrapped in satin ribbon.

Bridesmaid Bouquets x 3 –Each with 1 dozen mixed “vendela” ivory (8 stems) and “gold strike” bright yellow (4 stems) roses, with 3 stems yellow ranunculus. Stems will be wrapped in “bridal white” satin ribbon.

Women’s Corsages –3 Mothers (Wrist), 2 Grandmothers (Pin-On) Corsages –
    Each consisting of white majolica spray roses with accents of big bloom babies’ breath and a “daffodil” bow.

Men’s Boutonnieres –

Groom’s Boutonniere –Consisting of 1 yellow mini calla lily with accents of green hypericum berries and Italian ruscus.

3 Groomsmen, 2 Fathers, 1 Grandfather, 1 Minister –Each with a full-size yellow rose and accents of green hypericum berries & Italian ruscus.

Centerpieces x 5 –Each table will have a cluster of 3 vases provided by the bride, in 3 different sizes (small, medium & large). Each Small Vases: With 2 stems white mini calla lilies submerged underwater with stones/gems at the bottom of the vase. Each Medium Vase: With 3 stems “vendela” ivory roses submerged underwater with stones/gems at the bottom of the vase. Each Large Vase: With 3 stems white snapdragons submerged underwater with stones/gems at the bottom of the vase.

Head Table – (Using bridal party bouquets to decorate the head table.)

DROP-OFF DELIVERY or other WEDDING-DAY SERVICE requested?
    Yes. The bride has requested delivery services of ALL ceremony and reception flowers the day of the wedding at approximately 3:30 - 4 PM. The Flowerman’s Delivery Team will
    stay to place the centerpieces on the tables, and fill each of the submerged centerpiece vases with water. If the reception tables are not ready at the time of delivery, all flowers will be dropped-off only and the bride will have someone in place to receive them and place them accordingly.
    Cost of Wedding Day Delivery w/ Centerpiece Set-Up: $165

TOTAL COST OF WEDDING: $726
    + TAX @ 7.5% =
    GRAND TOTAL: $780.45
    Winter Special Grand Total: $659.84
    $390.00 deposit paid. Our quote was much more than this, but they were having a winter special.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we paid a total of $1400 for my bouquet, toss bouquet, maid of honor bouquet, 2 "altar pieces" for the ceremony , 10 centerpieces [hydrangeas/spray roses in medium sized glass vases] 5 boutonnieres, 2 "female boutonnieres", 2 corsages, flower girl basket/petals. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards