Snarky Brides

Are you freakin kidding me?!

Ya'll....I'm about the deactivate my fb profile. Don't get me wrong-- I love celebrating in the joy of others' unions, but seriously...the last two weddings I've attended and the last dozen shared on Facebook amongst my peers have all been at the Cadre Building (memphis, tn). Really?! I can't take it anymore.
Although guests would have had to park in a garage almost 1.5 blocks away, FI & I were seriously considering that venue as one of our options seeing that I had my senior prom there and had been in love with it ever since...but these people have overdone it. There's no excitement regarding it anymore *deep sigh* ...sad, bitter-sweet case. *finishes pint of ice cream* I feel better now.

Re: Are you freakin kidding me?!

• Ya'll....I'm about the deactivate my fb profile. Don't get me wrong-- I love celebrating in the joy of others' unions, but seriously...the last two weddings I've attended and the last dozen shared on Facebook amongst my peers have all been at the Cadre Building (memphis, tn). Really?! I can't take it anymore.

Although guests would have had to park in a garage almost 1.5 blocks away, FI & I were seriously considering that venue as one of our options seeing that I had my senior prom there and had been in love with it ever since...but these people have overdone it. There's no excitement regarding it anymore *deep sigh* ...sad, bitter-sweet case. *finishes pint of ice cream* I feel better now.
    Um. I feel like I'm going to regret asking this but I had margarita with dinner. I'm feeling adventurous.

Why can't you have your wedding in the same place? Its your wedding. Your wedding hasn't been overdone in the place you fell in love with since high school.

• oooo that sounds good; I can taste the salty lime now.

The Cadre was one of the options we chose. We still have our 1st choice..we both love the rustic elegance of the venue's barn for the reception & the outdoor garden for the ceremony (if weather permits) :) True-- it's our day; I don't feel as though I can't have it there due to it being overdone. I really just don't want to anymore, but no doubt that our wedding will be anything less than everything we expect.
  • edited January 2015
    I'm very well aware of the definition of rustic as well as elegance hence them being used to describe the venue :) thanks.

I think my original post was misunderstood. It wasn't a "poor me", "our day won't be special because the venue isn't a virgin", nor was it a pity party. I'm just tired of the over-sharing of it. It's like having one too many cream sodas until you lose "taste" for it.
  • I wasn't asking for advice. Also, @larrygaga‌-- you didn't "pop a bubble". no one cares about aspects of your life as much as you do. That's common sense. No need to take offense or hate you, we're strangers. It's the internet
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    Well I guess I don't really know why you posted this if you didn't want someone to comment on your not pity party about you being sad/annoyed/some emotion about something trivial. 

Anyway, you would not believe how many people come on snarky brides and get PISSED when someone says something snarky about their wedding. So I disclaim because I actually hate making people sad but I say what I feel needs to be said. I gotta help out my fellow brides. 

Toodleoo!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• oooo that sounds good; I can taste the salty lime now.

The Cadre was one of the options we chose. We still have our 1st choice..we both love the rustic elegance of the venue's barn for the reception & the outdoor garden for the ceremony (if weather permits) :) True-- it's our day; I don't feel as though I can't have it there due to it being overdone. I really just don't want to anymore, but no doubt that our wedding will be anything less than everything we expect.
    So find another barn and mooooooove on. This is a non-issue.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• @larrygaga‌. Guess it was a rant that I wasn't expecting responses to & I know what you mean; another bride asked for advice & opposed everything she received making attempts to try & convince everyone that her way is best lol Thanks anyway hun

Well I'm not uneducated; I know it's not a recognized term. Just as something may be described as hauntingly beautiful. To each his/her own @esstee33‌ but yes, it is beautiful :)

@beethery‌ the cadre isn't a barn. Our 1st choice has a barn but thanks
  • @larrygaga‌. Guess it was a rant that I wasn't expecting responses to & I know what you mean; another bride asked for advice & opposed everything she received making attempts to try & convince everyone that her way is best lol Thanks anyway hun Well I'm not uneducated; I know it's not a recognized term. Just as something may be described as hauntingly beautiful. To each his/her own @esstee33‌ but yes, it is beautiful :)@beethery‌ the cadre isn't a barn. Our 1st choice has a barn but thanks
    Still bitching about a non-issue. It's a bit dramatic to swoon and say you're going to deactivate your fb over people having weddings at a venue you aren't even interested in anymore.

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

• It's not bitching; not even the fact those people chose the venue. As I explained earlier, I'm tired of it being over-shared all over my newsfeed. Wish you would've read & comprehended thoroughly before taking the time to make an ass of yourself twice too many on my thread. Notifications are ridiculous; it's a deactivation-- I can log back in & all will be well.
  • mikenbergermikenberger member
    edited January 2015
    Need more margarita. Clearly.

ETA: I'm talking about me. And not referencing anybody in this thread that might need some liquor.

• It's not bitching; not even the fact those people chose the venue. As I explained earlier, I'm tired of it being over-shared all over my newsfeed. Wish you would've read & comprehended thoroughly before taking the time to make an ass of yourself twice too many on my thread. Notifications are ridiculous; it's a deactivation-- I can log back in & all will be well.
    All I saw was you all pissy because too many people went with one venue. It's dramatic and dumb.

Chill the fuck out on yourself.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Stay pressed.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Relevant if applied

Reading is fundamental
  • Ya'll....I'm about the deactivate my fb profile. Don't get me wrong-- I love celebrating in the joy of others' unions, but seriously...the last two weddings I've attended and the last dozen shared on Facebook amongst my peers have all been at the Cadre Building (memphis, tn). Really?! I can't take it anymore.
    umm. You say you want to deactivate your FB account because a lot of your friends have used the same venue that you want to use and they have been overdone everything.

Seems like a silly reason to deactivate FB (mind you I'm one who think people take FB too seriously).   Picking another venue seems like a better option of you are tired of everyone using this venue.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @lyndausvi‌ smh

-Overdone as in over-shared on social media as I stated.
    -Deactivate because the notifications are overwhelming as I stated
    -Wasn't our 1st choice venue as I stated
    *Active on facebook twice monthly

I also stated that I wasn't seeking "advice" but thanks
  • @lyndausvi‌ smh

-Overdone as in over-shared on social media as I stated.
    -Deactivate because the notifications are overwhelming as I stated
    -Wasn't our 1st choice venue as I stated
    *Active on facebook twice monthly

I also stated that I wasn't seeking "advice" but thanks

Not looking for advice? You do know where you are, right? An open internet forum with people from all walks of life that love to make people question their thought processes. I rather appreciate it and them.

• larrygagalarrygaga member
    edited January 2015

If you weren't bitching, and you weren't looking for advice, why exactly did you post? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    So you are upset because the venue you picked has been used by others and then those other couples had the audacity to share their wedding pictures at said location on social media?!  Well FUCK THOSE BITCHES!  I think you need to call them out and tell them to take their shit down because you are THINKING of using that space and you don't want it to be over-shared so that your guests can be surprised and put in awe by your amazingness.

• This entire thread made me laugh... out loud... at work.  So now it's totally obvious I'm not working, but rather Knotting.  So thanks a lot for that ;)

You ladies are hysterical.  But now I'm signing off so I can prove I'm working! :)  
  • This entire thread made me laugh... out loud... at work.  So now it's totally obvious I'm not working, but rather Knotting.  So thanks a lot for that ;)

You ladies are hysterical.  But now I'm signing off so I can prove I'm working! :)  
    I am with you on that! knotting to avoid work and this is AWESOME.. my venue is a ski lodge that most of my potential guests have already been to and is booked solid all year for weddings.. I better pick a new one.. something nobody has ever used befre.. SHIT I better start the plans for building it! DANG YOU POPULAR PRETTY PLACES! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Why not turn off the notification feed on your facebook and not see their pictures?
  • Eh, unfollow those people so they don't show up on your newsfeed.

Holy crap The Cadre is beautiful! If that's where you want to be, own it. Really own that shit and make people gasp and say they've never seen it like that before

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards