Chit Chat
Options

Have you worn any of your wedding stuff since?

Maybe had your dress altered to wear? Fun shoes? Headband or necklace?

I have every intention of wearing my teal suede pumps once the weather/ snow improve but I haven't gotten a chance to yet. I left the earrings in for about 3 months though (plain cubic zirconia studs).

Re: Have you worn any of your wedding stuff since?

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Yep!  I've worn my earrings a few times and I've worn my shoes multiple times. (I had peacock blue heels)

ETA:  I also loaned my veil to my sister.  Not sure if that "counts".
  • Options
    I haven't....my dress was pretty formal and I had a very fancy necklace and earrings and headband that were all very jeweled. I could wear the necklace and earrings again if we went to a formal event, but we haven't had anything since the wedding. I wish I had an occasion to since I think they're so pretty! 

My dress is way too formal and puffy to repurpose to wear again. 
  • Options
    I've worn the shoes and earrings a few times. 

• Options
    I think I wore my necklace once, but I have another necklace that is similar that I like better (the one for my wedding is blue and this one is pink), so I just put my wedding jewelry in the "donate" pile yesterday.

I donated my dress like a week after we got home.

I've worn the panties. Lol.

My shoes were coral flats, and I still have them. I'll probably wear them again with dresses or skirts.
  • Options
    Not yet...  I had navy blue suede pumps as my wedding shoes, but I don't wear heels a lot.  

Wait, I have worn my rehearsal dinner dress again, does that count?  :)
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    I wore my necklace and shoes on the cruise we took for our honeymoon. I had borrowed my earrings and bracelet from my BFF, so I haven't worn those again.
  • Options
    I've worn my hair clip since. My dress still needs dry cleaning because I am a lazy slob, but once it is I'm totally going to wear the top again. I love my shoes and want to wear them all the time, but it's been so damned hot since the wedding that I haven't worn ANY shoes unless absolutely necessary!
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    I've worn my shoes once since the wedding to H's company Christmas party. I wear my earrings all the time because they are super simple pearl drops. I came within inches of putting on my dress the other day just so I could prance around the house in it. I haven't reworn my necklace because the clasp snapped at the reception and I haven't had it repaired yet.

• Options
    I've already worn my jewlery a few times. I had pearl stud earrings and a single pearl necklace so I cn wear it often. 

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    I've already worn my jewlery a few times. I had pearl stud earrings and a single pearl necklace so I cn wear it often. 
    Exactly what I'm planning. 

My necklace I plan to wear is one I wear every single day. It's a single pearl and diamond necklace given to me by my Grandmother on the day I was born. 

I'm on the hunt for floral wedges come Spring so I know they'll get use again. 
  • Options
    I've worn my hair clip since. My dress still needs dry cleaning because I am a lazy slob, but once it is I'm totally going to wear the top again. I love my shoes and want to wear them all the time, but it's been so damned hot since the wedding that I haven't worn ANY shoes unless absolutely necessary!
    God, I wish I had that problem instead of the 11° (F) that it was this morning!

• Options
    I could wear my shoes again, but I haven't. 

I wore my sister's MOH dress. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I've worn my shoes once since the wedding to H's company Christmas party. I wear my earrings all the time because they are super simple pearl drops. I came within inches of putting on my dress the other day just so I could prance around the house in it. I haven't reworn my necklace because the clasp snapped at the reception and I haven't had it repaired yet.
    I had to stop watching SYTTD for this reason. So close. :)

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    I had to stop watching SYTTD for this reason. So close. :)

LOL! That's hilarious. I haven't watched SYTTD in SO long. So I guess that's how I've managed to avoid temptation.

I probably won't re-wear my headband. It's just too fancy and beautiful to throw in with some sort of regular or even dressy outfit. I AM sending it to another Knottie for her wedding to possibly wear though! I'm so excited!

• Options
    I've worn my earrings multiple times (gears set in resin) and my shoes a few times (blue suede heels)

Anniversary
  • Options
    Has anyone actually thrown their dress on for fun after their wedding?

I tell FI all the time I love it so much (and it feels like pajamas) that it's a high possibility he could come home to me in my dress post wedding. Maybe vacuuming. Maybe kicked back on the couch with a beer.   
  • Options
    l9il9i member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I don't forsee wearing my dress again or my veil. My shoes were white satin kitten heals... so probably not?  I did change into flats for the reception and I've worn those.  My headband is a little fancy, but i suppose if the occasion was right I could wear it again.  I've worn my necklace and earrings often to work as it was a pretty simple drop pendent and earring set.  Love them!
  • Options
    I rented my jewelry from Rent the Runway so no jewelry. I wore cowboy boots and those are now my everyday riding boots. I should wear my awesome hair clip more often. 

I still have a little bit of the polish on my toenails, ha. 
  • Options
    I've worn my shoes again.  And I almost wore my headband when I was a BM in my friends wedding but I didn't because I could see one or two people that day being all "What the fuck?!  Why would you wear that and try to outshine the bride?!"

• Options
    I wore my rehearsal dinner dress (if that counts?), wedding earrings, necklace, and shoes for a work function back in October. I was so excited to wear everything again.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    maeday2 said:

I tell FI all the time I love it so much (and it feels like pajamas) that it's a high possibility he could come home to me in my dress post wedding. Maybe vacuuming. Maybe kicked back on the couch with a beer.   
    I don't think I could fit back into it since the honeymoon, which started the day after the wedding. :(

• Options
    I got my shoes to wear for a July 4th party. They've been worn a fair amount, and will get worn again after. Probably on the honeymoon or any occasion where I want to festive it up a little.

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    maeday2 said:

I don't think I could fit back into it since the honeymoon, which started the day after the wedding. :(
    It's winter. Give yourself a break. If I lived up north like you I'd need alllll the extra insulation I could get because I am a cold weather pansy ass. 
  • Options
    I still want to do this.
  • Options

My dress was entirely too expensive to only wear once. I told FI he can expect me to wear it around the house, running errands, and probably to work a few times. Seriously though, I can't really imagine shortening it because I'd be sad to lose so much of the lace, but that's probably the only way I'd wear it again.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My dress was a corset back and when my sister strapped me in, she tied a hell of a knot and cut off the excess. H had to cut the ribbon to get me out of the dress. So I'd have to get a new ribbon to wear it again. :( 

Oh! I just remembered! A friend of mine has a "black tie" birthday party every year. I brought my brooch bouquet because I love it so much. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I'm totally putting my dress on on our anniversary. I will wear it all day. 

But no, I haven't worn anything yet. I plan on wearing my shoes again, but it's a little too cold right now. I think I'm going to wear them to a wedding we're going to in May. 
  • Options
    I really would love to put my dress on again and just wear it around the house, but that sucker would not be able to zip even an inch anymore.  Stupid food and me loving the hell out of it!

• Options
    @lolo88 @maggie0829 Same here! I don't think my dress will ever fit again! I had to get a damn fit n flare tight on the tummy/ass area. My upper body never changes so if I had gotten a poofy ballgown I could have worn it forever. My wedding was only 3 months ago and I've already bought new jeans lol

• Options

My dress was a corset back and when my sister strapped me in, she tied a hell of a knot and cut off the excess. H had to cut the ribbon to get me out of the dress. So I'd have to get a new ribbon to wear it again. :(

Wha wha wha WHAT?! But whyyyyy?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards