Wedding Party

Daughter's as Maid's of honor

I have  5 daughters and want to use them as my Maid's of honor. Is that something that is possible? I just can't bring myself to single any of them out and we're all so close. This is my second wedding and they are all adults except my youngest. I think this would be a beautiful way to honor them as they honor me. Thoughts? Suggestions? 

I've already done the big Catholic church wedding when I was married the first time. For my second wedding I want things to be a little more special in different ways then they were for the first wedding.

Re: Daughter's as Maid's of honor

• I have  5 daughters and want to use them as my Maid's of honor. Is that something that is possible? I just can't bring myself to single any of them out and we're all so close. This is my second wedding and they are all adults except my youngest. I think this would be a beautiful way to honor them as they honor me. Thoughts? Suggestions? 

I've already done the big Catholic church wedding when I was married the first time. For my second wedding I want things to be a little more special in different ways then they were for the first wedding.

Go for it. There's no reason you couldn't have five equal status attendants.
  • I don't see any issue with this. What's your concern? 
  • That would be amazing! I thought about having my grandmother as my maid of honor since her and I are very close, but I figured thats kind of a huge responsibility! But 5 bridesmaids is a great number and I'm sure they would be honored!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• That would be amazing! I thought about having my grandmother as my maid of honor since her and I are very close, but I figured thats kind of a huge responsibility! But 5 bridesmaids is a great number and I'm sure they would be honored!

Yup, showing up and standing next to you is a pretty huge responsibility.
    Anniversary

Do it. She can stand next to you for your wedding, and grandmothers know how to dress themselves well. I'm sure that would look awesome.

Your friends and family can still opt to throw you a shower or bach party. That wouldn't have been your MOH's responsibility unless she volunteered for it anyway.

What exactly is so huge about being a MOH?  What responsiblities do you think a MOH has?

What exactly is so huge about being a MOH?  What responsiblities do you think a MOH has?

Based on her other posts, I'm not sure I want to know.
    Anniversary

Yeah.....I'm sure Grandma is capable of putting on a dress and showing up on time. That would be her (and any of your other BMs) "responsibilities." 

Based on her other posts, I'm not sure I want to know.
    It's quite clear she has to have knowledge of how to start an IV of vodka. And possibly dance on tables.

• I have  5 daughters and want to use them as my Maid's of honor. Is that something that is possible? I just can't bring myself to single any of them out and we're all so close. This is my second wedding and they are all adults except my youngest. I think this would be a beautiful way to honor them as they honor me. Thoughts? Suggestions? 

I think that's fine. There are no restrictions on who you can ask.  You could also just call them all bridesmaids and not single any one out as the Maid of Honor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards