Not Engaged Yet
Options

Chat and Thankful Thursday

Morning, ladies.  It is freaking freezing here. How are all of you?  I'm at work today but so looking forward to this weekend.  My BIL is off and is coming with his cousin (the one who needs money I posted about previously) to work on the kitchen and our basement bathroom we are installing).  I'm excited to get that started.

Been a while since we had a thankful Thursday...what are you thankful for?

I'm thankful for our granite coming on the 15th so we can be done with our kitchen minus painting.

I'm thankful that H is really getting on board with TTC (we aren't yet but we are having a lot of discussions on when we start this year).

I'm thankful for our dog even though I complain about his barking a lot...he is getting older for a Great Pyr and his hips are starting to show it.  That makes me sad but appreciate him all the more.

I'm thankful for all of you ladies, who make my day go by so quickly.

Re: Chat and Thankful Thursday

• Options
    It's super cold here too. I wanted to stay in bed so bad this morning. I'm glad at least tomorrow I will work form home.

-I'm thankful for a space heater in my cubicle to keep me warm and toasty

-I'm thankful for DH and how much he supports me and makes me feel better when I'm sad. I've been feeling super weird lately since tomorrow is when I found out I was pregnant last month and then two days later was when the CP happened. I'm trying not to let it bother me but sometimes that's all I think about.

-I'm thankful that Maddux keeps me warm and gives me all the snuggles but I'm not thankful that he is waking me up super early.
  • Options

@minskat30 Yay for the granite coming soon and being done with the kitchen! Yay for TTC this year too!

It is cold here so bitterly cold.  I'm exhausted I just want to spend a day in the house with nothing to do but read and snuggle with my kitties.  I'm trying to keep my energy level up and get good nights of sleep because I'm rehearsing so much.  Yay I got cast in the show and the role I wanted too.

I'm grateful for my husband.  If it's even possible I fall in love with him more and more every day.

Anniversary

• Options
    good morning!!

it is fuh-reeeeezing here.

thankful:
    1.  today is my Friday!
    2.  my appointment with the surgeon at the cancer center was unexpectedly moved up to TOMORROW.
    3.  that H wanted to snuggle in bed for 15 minutes this morning.
    4.  for my precious pups!  Bella gave me burrows this morning (she digs in her head next to me and scratches her paws at the sheets and I give her kisses), and Baxter let me hold him (in exchange for some belly scratches). 
    5.  that I actually get MLK Jr. Day off and don't have to work from home that day.

today is Day 5 of our Whole30.  I've made sure to include a starch at almost every meal, and it is SO MUCH BETTER than the last time we did a Whole30.  woo-hoo!!  hopefully I am not speaking too soon...
  • Options
    Morning! Freezing here too, and the heat isn't working correctly in my office.  Something broke on the far end so half the office is an ok temperature and the other half is freezing.  Everyone on the end where it is broken is sitting at their desks bundled up.  The maintenance guy said he has to order a part, so who knows when it will get fixed.

So, to start, I'm thankful my side of the office is not a frozen tundra.

I'm thankful that my bf is so handy and has been able to save us a lot of money remodeling the house.

I am thankful for coffee, which I need lots of today.  My dog had me up all night because she was sick, she seemed better when I left, so I guess she ate something she shouldn't have. And thankful that she is better.

Also, thankful for all of you ladies, for keeping me entertained when work is slow. 

• Options
    I'm thankful that the heat in our apartment works REALLY well. The first place FI and I lived together, our heat sucked.

I'm thankful to have done a good grocery shopping trip last weekend, because I've had delicious dinners all week and I can't wait for dinner tonight!

I'm thankful that Parenthood is back on tonight and I have WINE!

I'm thankful it's Thursday, and almost the weekend.

I'm thankful that everything seems to be going well with the sale of the company FI works for, and it's looking pretty certain that he'll still have a job and be getting a raise.

I'm thankful that my relationship with FI just seems to be growing stronger and better every single day. It has been smooth sailing for so long, and just love where we're at right now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015

@PeaseBlossom55 - Thank you, I'm excited for the TTC but nervous.  My mom and sister were all super fertile (first try babies each time) but both had their kid making done before they turned 30 and I'm now 33.  Ugh.  Congrats on getting the role you wanted!!!

@SouthernPeach89 - I'm so sorry about the CP. You are young and healthy...hell, will all your fitness posts you make me feel like a sloth :) I'm sure it will happen soon, though I know that doesn't really help in the moment.

@Speakeasy14 - I'm sorry to hear your pup was sick and about your lack of sleep as a result.  Poor doggie.  Glad she is feeling better.

@CoCoBellaF - I read about Whole 30.  I don't think I could do it.  It sounds like a ton of work.  Congrats on your second round.

• Options

Good morning! Just like most of the rest of the country (except for that b @ollie08 who lives in Florida...ugh!)...it's cold here too! H and I made the decision to stay at my parent's again last night because of the way below normal temps (it got down to 9F here) and we had already emptied out all the pipes in our house of water so we weren't worried about pipes exploding.

I'm thankful I got to park my car in the garage last night.

I'm thankful I have a puppy who  makes me laugh, who's smart, creative, and always trying.

I'm thankful I have @southernpeach89 for a sister! She's seriously the best!

I'm thankful that maybe someday soon I'll get to host the best ever baby shower for @southernpeach89! I've even started a Pinterest board...is it possible to be BSC about someone else's pregnancy?

• Options
    @minskat30 - Aw, my Pyr is getting older too (I'm guessing he's around 10-11yrs old).  I've noticed him slowing down and possibly having hip issues too.  I'm giving him some supplements but want to add flaxseed to it.  How old is your pyr?  Have you ever posted a pic?

@Peaseblossom55 - Congrats on getting cast for the role you wanted!!

@CocoBellaF - Jealous it's your Friday; hope your appointment goes good and they find nothing abnormal.

@Speakeasy14 - Oh no!!!  Hope they get the office heat fixed soon!

@Hummingbird125 - I am NOT thankful that it's parenthood's last season - boo!!!

I'm freezing here with the rest of you!  I made the not so smart choice to get gas this morning and the little light telling me my tire pressure is low was on so I decided to get more air in my tires - but my stupid front passenger tire is still low and I wasn't going to put more $ in the machine.  There's another place that offers free air, so I'll stop there on the way home.  I think my left index finger got a little 'frost nip' as it's been tingly ever since the gas station.

I'm thankful for my dogs (and other animals) - they do little things that just make me smile... some of them are annoying.  Like when Loki gets me up in the middle of the night to go potty, when we come back in, Nessie insists on curling up on my legs - she's heavy but it makes me feel loved.

I'm thankful for H. I know he tries to help out even though sometimes it does create more work for me.

I'm thankful for my little space heater - it's 70.5 at my desk today (long story but yes I have a little indoor thermometer) and I just feel COLD.

Anniversary
  • Options
    So. Fucking. Cold. 

I am thankful for my bestest fraaaannds.

I am thankful for my FI, who I love more and more every day. He is wonderful, and I am so lucky to have him.

I am thankful for my puppy (even though FI is her very favorite lately), and my kitten baby (even when he's annoying). 

I'm thankful for my job, and the support and advice I'm getting from mentors & colleagues in this little bit of upheaval that's happening around here. 

I'm thankful for NEY, your ability to make me laugh, the relationships I've made here, and the ones I continue to build on. You bitches are awesome. <3

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    Morning ladies!  It's also FREEZING here (10, but feels like -2), which made my 40 minute walk to the archive absolutely miserable.  I tried to cheer myself up by telling myself that I was burning lots of calories by walking in the freezing cold!

I'm at the archive again today--going to try to put in a full day so that tomorrow can be  a shorter one.  I'm finding tons of good sources for the dissertation, but...I don't like research.  I find it tedious and exhausting.  I LOVE the writing part, so I may do some work on that this afternoon.

Thankful:

Mr. Historian got to come home for Christmas, and he's been in non-restricted areas so we've been able to text regularly.
    I got a $250 Amazon gift card from my colleagues as a "thank you" for serving on the board of this particular organization.
    FREE HAPPY HOUR at my hotel.  :-)
    The hat and scarf my sister made me for Christmas...they're super warm and kept my nose from getting all frosty while I walked this morning.
  • Options

@LaPeanut1018 - It's kind of cold here! It was 39, with a wind chill in the 20s this morning when the girls left for school. But admittedly it will be 59 for a high today. Still really cold for us Floridians!

I was in such a bitchy mood last night. And got into an argument with DD this morning that's left me in another bitchy mood. So all in all, I could really use this Thankful Thursday post!

I'm thankful for the ability to make ends meet. Even though it's not comfortable, it works.
    I'm thankful for my H who is so understanding and kind. He really goes above and beyond to meet the needs of me and the girls.
    I'm thankful for my girls. We may not always get along, but I sure could have done worse.
    I'm thankful for all of you wonderful ladies who I've gotten to know over the past few years. I certainly could not imagine life without you.

• Options
    I'm not feeling super cheery today.  I was supposed to have a phone interview and the fucking recruiter didn't call me and then said he did call and left a vm, but I never answered.  Um, no.  The phone didn't ring and I have no voicemails.  So shove it.  Also, I'm the fattest I've EVER been, and even my fat clothes are snug.  Sigh.

I AM thankful for DH, my kitten babies, youbitches, only having 2 weeks left in Chiberia, and fleeces.
  • Options
    I feel like a zombie this morning. I'm exhausted... not really sure why. 

I wish the heating in our apartment were better. Half the apartment heats normally, and the other half is really drafty. Unfortunately, the drafty half includes our bedroom. :-\ We've started sleeping with 4 extra blankets and a heating pad in the bed. Tonight I'm going to wear a sweatshirt too. Sooooo cold!

My Save the Dates are being delivered today, so that's exciting. I won't send them out until April, but Wedding Paper Divas was having a 20% off sale, so I figured I'd go ahead and order. I had to send them the CMYK percentages for the color, so I'm a little nervous about how they printed. We shall see!

I feel really guilty right now too. Today is a coworker's birthday, and I've been really excited about it for a while. I've been asking her all week where she wanted to eat lunch today and how it was going to be a great day despite the cold weather, etc. Well, I'm so tired and crabby today that all I really want to do is eat a PBJ in my office and read during lunch... not looking forward to going out at all. I'm very blah today.

Speaking of birthdays... I feel like everyone and their mom has a birthday this time of year. There are two birthdays in the office today, yesterday was my aunt's birthday, this weekend is another family member's birthday, Monday is FI's birthday... is Easter really that sexy of a time? lol

I'm thankful for...
    -FI. He is seriously the most wonderful man alive. 
    -my relationship with my mom. We talk on the phone every morning on our way into work. She's the best.
    -my job. My company has amazing benefits, my boss is wonderful, and I enjoy the work. I really lucked out.
    -NEY. Y'all helped try to keep me sane before FI proposed, and y'all have provided endless entertainment and friendship. You ladies rock. <3

@southernpeach89 *hugs* Thinking of you!

@futuremrshistorian You deserve some Starbucks after that walk! Holy moly!

@minskat30 I'm so excited that the kitchen is almost done! Can't wait to see pics!

@speakeasy14 OMG your poor coworkers. That sounds miserable! I hope they fix the heating for the whole building ASAP.

@Dignity100 You just reminded me that I need to have my tires checked too. Thank you!

@LaPeanut1018 Awww you're such a great sister. I love y'all's relationship. 

@Peaseblossom55 When does the show open?

@Hummingbird125 I'm so glad everything is working out for your FI! That's such great news!

• Options
    Ollie08 said:

@LaPeanut1018 - It's kind of cold here! It was 39, with a wind chill in the 20s this morning when the girls left for school. But admittedly it will be 59 for a high today. Still really cold for us Floridians!

I was in such a bitchy mood last night. And got into an argument with DD this morning that's left me in another bitchy mood. So all in all, I could really use this Thankful Thursday post!

I'm thankful for the ability to make ends meet. Even though it's not comfortable, it works.
    I'm thankful for my H who is so understanding and kind. He really goes above and beyond to meet the needs of me and the girls.
    I'm thankful for my girls. We may not always get along, but I sure could have done worse.
    I'm thankful for all of you wonderful ladies who I've gotten to know over the past few years. I certainly could not imagine life without you.

Serious ::sideeye:: Our wind chill was NEGATIVE 25 last night. 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options

@minskat30 - I'm thankful I don't live in your township. :P

@Peaseblossom55 - Congrats on getting that part in the show!

@LaPeanut1018 - I'm BSC about a friend's pregnancy right now. She was having a hard time getting pregnant the entire time I've been friends with her, so once she finally conceived it was almost like I was the one with good news, haha! So yes, you can be BSC about someone else's pregnancy.

-------------------------------

I was in a great mood all freakin day yesterday. I don't know what it was, but I swear I even went to bed smiling. I am thankful for days like that. And I am thankful that my boyfriend decided to talk to me about engagement rings a little bit. It was fun!

I am thankful that my BF is willing to spend weekend mornings playing cribbage with me. It reminds me of the home I grew up in, and I love taking my time getting motivated on cold winter mornings.

I am thankful that my dog is getting older and becoming much less of a pain in the ass.

I am thankful for hot apple cider.

• Options
    Ollie08 said:

Serious ::sideeye:: Our wind chill was NEGATIVE 25 last night. 
    lol we don't get cold weather though, ever! So we're not used to it like you guys are. I told H there was not a snowball's chance in hell that I would ever move back to IL. The high in his hometown yesterday was -4. NEGATIVE FOUR for the high. Nope, not ok. Not ever. No way.  

• Options
    So. Cold. 

The pups were really upset they weren't allowed in the bed this morning. Since moving to Dallas, we've started a new policy of no dogs in the bed. I'm not sure who it's harder on, them or me. But, I have noticed I'm sleeping through the night a lot better without Stevie marching across my face.

Last night was my first night preaching and meeting a majority of the kids and adults. It was really fun, and I'm connecting with some kids already, which makes me feel great. I'm stressed about taking off next week for class, knowing there's still so much to get done. 

I think I'm going to put off actual work a little longer an unpack my office.

Also, I lost a bra as a casualty to the move. I only have 2 that fit, so this is a big deal.

Thankful for:
    - a house with a very effective heating system.
    - going back to Houston next weekend, where I will see @peekaboo2011 and Elle!
    - my new kids and the amazing support system put in place by the adults
    - twitter
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    audrewuh said:
    So. Cold. 

The pups were really upset they weren't allowed in the bed this morning. Since moving to Dallas, we've started a new policy of no dogs in the bed. I'm not sure who it's harder on, them or me. But, I have noticed I'm sleeping through the night a lot better without Stevie marching across my face.

Last night was my first night preaching and meeting a majority of the kids and adults. It was really fun, and I'm connecting with some kids already, which makes me feel great. I'm stressed about taking off next week for class, knowing there's still so much to get done. 

Also, I lost a bra as a casualty to the move. I only have 2 that fit, so this is a big deal.

Thankful for:
    - twitter
    We made this rule too, when we moved into the house. Violet was doing really well, and not even asking to jump on the bed, until we got back from Christmas. She's jumped up at least five times since, and I make her get down immediately - but then this morning, she jumped up on FI's side, and he spooned with her for like 15 minutes. And I wonder why he's the favorite... 

• Options
    audrewuh said:
    So. Cold. 

Thankful for:
    - twitter
    We made this rule too, when we moved into the house. Violet was doing really well, and not even asking to jump on the bed, until we got back from Christmas. She's jumped up at least five times since, and I make her get down immediately - but then this morning, she jumped up on FI's side, and he spooned with her for like 15 minutes. And I wonder why he's the favorite... 
    I'm not going to lie, Molly was so pathetic and actually asked permission to get in bed after H had left for work, so I picked her up and let her snuggle. And I cheated yesterday and brought both pups in. Stevie was the cutest thing ever. 

The struggle is real. 

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    @audrewuh Gap has a few bras marked down on clearance, and I think Victoria's Secret is having their semi annual sale. 

• Options
    @ellis1228 - my boobs are big and weird. VS doesn't make the cup deep enough (a DD is really like a C, let's be real). I might check out the Gap though. I usually have to buy old lady bras at Kohls. 

• Options

@eilis1228 I open with that show in early March.

I used to allow cats to sleep in my bed.  H didn't so when we moved in together we decided no cats on the bed.  I sleep so much better without them on the bed too.  My large cat (22lbs) would always want to lie on top of me and it was really so annoying.

Anniversary

• Options
    @audrewuh Yeah, VS is weird with their bras. Even their full cups are truly demis, so boobs pop out all over the place lol. I haven't tried Gap bras yet, but I've heard they're fantastic. 

@peaseblossom55 That's exciting! It will be here before you know it.

• Options
    @ellis1228 - I will be stopping at Starbucks on my walk back to the hotel.  There's one right at the halfway point so I can go in and warm up!

And in related news:

I am thankful for Starbucks!
  • Options

No dog on the bed was one of my first rules with our dog.  He'd take up half the bed at 120+lbs.  He still puts his front paws/upper body on it in the morning though to smack H's head with his paw (that is his signal for H to wake up and take him out).  I find it secretly hilarious (the dog never does it to me because, duh, I'm Mommy...and also the "food lady"). 

• Options
    I'm also thankful for my rice heating pad from @helloliv! (I hope that's the right s/n).
  • Options
    minskat30 said:

No dog on the bed was one of my first rules with our dog.  He'd take up half the bed at 120+lbs.  He still puts his front paws/upper body on it in the morning though to smack H's head with his paw (that is his signal for H to wake up and take him out).  I find it secretly hilarious (the dog never does it to me because, duh, I'm Mommy...and also the "food lady"). 

This is hysterical!! 

I am the disciplinarian in our house. I have a serious "Mom voice" and Violet will ALWAYS respond to me. She runs to the neighbors EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. FI takes her out. She doesn't pull that shit with me. 

Yes, we still need to train her on the invisible fence. 

• Options
    @minksat30 - my dogs know I'm the big softie that will pull them up into bed. H and I take turns with feeding, but he is most definitely the disciplinarian. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards