Wedding Party

MOH/BM dillema

So I have heard of multiple MOH, and I have chosen to have 2. I have selected a bestie from the past and one from the present. My fiancée is having a difficult time over the fact that he has already asked his long-term friend to be the best man, but feels there is a friend whom he should have asked. Is it weird to have 2 best men? If not, what really is their role then?

Re: MOH/BM dillema

• No it is not weird.  Their only role is to wear the proposed attire and show up on time and relatively sober on wedding day.  And smile for a few photographs.  Other then that there are zero requirements of anyone in the wedding party.

• FI is planning on having two BMs and I am planning to have two MOHs, so it's all good.  Also want to echo Maggie0829 on their roles.
  • No it is not weird.  Their only role is to wear the proposed attire and show up on time and relatively sober on wedding day.  And smile for a few photographs.  Other then that there are zero requirements of anyone in the wedding party.
    ^QFT

• For the most part MOH, Best Man, and BM/GM all have the exact same roles, they just have different titles.

However, if you are having a Catholic wedding, then you can only have 1 MOH and 1 Best Man at the altar with you.  I can't speak for other Christian religions, but it may be similar.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• For the most part MOH, Best Man, and BM/GM all have the exact same roles, they just have different titles.

However, if you are having a Catholic wedding, then you can only have 1 MOH and 1 Best Man at the altar with you.
      I can't speak for other Christian religions, but it may be similar.
    This is not necessarily true. My friend got married in a Catholic Mass and both of her younger sisters (who were co-MOH) were allowed up with her.

However, if you are having a Catholic wedding, then you can only have 1 MOH and 1 Best Man at the altar with you.
    This is not necessarily true. My friend got married in a Catholic Mass and both of her younger sisters (who were co-MOH) were allowed up with her.
    Yeah, I think at all of the Catholic weddings I've been to, the whole WP was up at the altar. That may just have been a policy some parishes/pastors/wedding coordinators decided to institute after space concerns or a bad experience.

Yeah, I think at all of the Catholic weddings I've been to, the whole WP was up at the altar. That may just have been a policy some parishes/pastors/wedding coordinators decided to institute after space concerns or a bad experience.
    Ditto.  My sister had a Catholic wedding, and she had 2 MOHs and her husband had 2 Best Men.  Both of them wanted their brother / sister as well as their BFF.  There were 6 of us on each side total, and we were all on the altar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards