Chit Chat
Options

Happy friday!!!!

The pipes to my shower froze, so I'm taking a whore bath in the sink. There are grounds in my coffee. I have a wicked headache, probably from sleeping like a rock. 

I am ready for the WEEKEND
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Happy friday!!!!

• Options
    mikenbergermikenberger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    Praise be. It's Friday. I'm SO done with this week. In 7 hours, I'll have a long island in my hand.

And for real, your siggy gives me giggle fits when I see it.

• Options
    The worst part of that is the coffee grounds. Gag. 

This week has blown. I think I'm finally past whining over vacation time being over. 

How much wedding progress did you make this week @larrygaga? You had me inspired...then I did nothing. 
  • Options
    Thankfully this week went by pretty fast. Tonight I'm making dinner for FI (stuffed peppers, yum!) and just hanging out.

Tomorrow I have a dress fitting. This will be the first time I get to see my dress all zipped up and fitting properly, and I have a bunch of accessories to try on with it, so I'm excited. A friend is coming with me and we're getting brunch before. Should be a good day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Woohoo! Boss lady just said that we can leave at 4 instead of 5 today! Thank goodness because this week has been far too long and I need it to be over. I have big plans to do nothing but cuddle my pup and read books this weekend.
  • Options
    I *think* I'm getting off a few hours early today. H and I bought our first ever brand new living room set! And it is being delivered this afternoon. Can't wait :)

Then we're going muddin' on H's new four-wheeler with another couple.

Happy Friday! I hope you feel better Larry and your day flies by!

• Options
    What a sucky morning, Gaga. 

I'm so happy this week is over. It's been one of the worst I can remember in a long time. 
  • Options
    @climbingwife Loving the new name. And sorry you can't go on the CA trip anymore.

• Options
    Thanks @jenna8984! I planned a fun dinner with my friends for tomorrow, so I have that to look forward to! 
  • Options
    One of my staff members just got arrested during her shift. I have never been more ready for the week to be over.

But in the realm of good news, Sunday FI and are doing my early birthday treat! (My birthday's on Tuesday and sadly I have to work) Dinner at the Japanese steakhouse, then we have tickets to see Book of Mormon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    One of my staff members just got arrested during her shift. I have never been more ready for the week to be over.

But in the realm of good news, Sunday FI and are doing my early birthday treat! (My birthday's on Tuesday and sadly I have to work) Dinner at the Japanese steakhouse, then we have tickets to see Book of Mormon!
    Um, please share the details of this!!
    Some officers from the Sheriff's department came by asking to speak to her. I took her out of the center and into the hall, and at first I thought, it sounded like there was some kind of incident that she reported, but it was obviously not my business so I went back to my office. Then she came in with the officer's behind her, tearfully explaining she was being arrested for nonpayment of child support. She said the whole reason she'd gotten this job was to pay it.

I feel super bad for her. I mean, I don't know the circumstances, but it sucks no matter what. It was only her second day working too, so for them to know she was working here she must have filled out some kind of form saying this was her new place of work, and she hadn't even gotten her first paycheck yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Thanks Jenna! 

Fluttering, that's sad.  I hate when the system ends up working that way.  I hope this won't mean she will also lose her job.

• Options

Thanks Jenna! 

Fluttering, that's sad.  I hate when the system ends up working that way.  I hope this won't mean she will also lose her job.

My boss doesn't seem to think so, but who knows what HR will say (not that I'm going to go out of my way to tell them). I know I've been told I'm not allowed to hire people before when it was discovered they had convicted felonies on their record, but I can't imagine this counts as a felony (but I'm also woefully uninformed about legal stuff). But unless someone from on high tells me I have to fire her, I'm perfectly willing to keep her on. She's sweet and friendly and I don't see any reason why once she's free she can't do her work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Ugh! That poor lady. Hopefully they give her a chance and let her go.

My hair turned out pretty well for having washed it in the sink. My ends kept falling into the garbage disposal- barf
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Is it bad that I'm thinking I'm a little bit glad that a mom is being treated the same way a dad would re: child support? :-/ I hope she's able to sort it out and work out a payment schedule though, same as I would hope for a dad who was trying.

I'm totally ready for this week to be over. I'm exhausted. It took me over an hour to get to work in the snow (17 miles) - it's draining to have a white-knuckle bumper-to-bumper for that long.

• Options
    Aw, that's actually really sad @flutteringinftmeyers I hope you're able to give her a chance.  Seems a little shitty for them to have to get her at work.

• Options
    Is it bad that I'm thinking I'm a little bit glad that a mom is being treated the same way a dad would re: child support? :-/ I hope she's able to sort it out and work out a payment schedule though, same as I would hope for a dad who was trying.

I'm totally ready for this week to be over. I'm exhausted. It took me over an hour to get to work in the snow (17 miles) - it's draining to have a white-knuckle bumper-to-bumper for that long.
    I thought the same thing in regards to the bolded. It is a sad situation that she was TRYING to have money to pay it. But in all honesty, I don't think they arrest you after  missing one month. It usually has to be something that has been happening frequently over a longer period of time. (I think, I could be wrong). 

I hope she is able to stay with the job to pay it.

• Options
    Aw, that's actually really sad @flutteringinftmeyers I hope you're able to give her a chance.  Seems a little shitty for them to have to get her at work.
    Agreed. My boss thinks if they felt they had to come get her here, they've probably been trying to track her down for awhile. Still, though...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    In about 10 minutes I'm going to the dentist and I'm super excited about it. So Yay! I've been having pain for a couple of weeks and I finally managed to get an appointment all set up. Hopefully the dentist will be able to fix everything today and I can get on with my life. 

Of course then I have to go to work. But I've got a big meeting this afternoon with a fun team so at least the whole day won't be painful. And then weekend!
  • Options
    got to work (was planning on wearing boots all day but decided not to) and 2 advisors were talking and one asks the other is one of her socks darker than the other. yup my socks dont match. is it 6 yet?? oh and my phone back up texted she has to take her bf to the doctors and is taking a half day. JOY!!!
  • Options
    Agreed. My boss thinks if they felt they had to come get her here, they've probably been trying to track her down for awhile. Still, though...
    And she must not have reported her job to the court, or they would have garnished her wages... and people don't typically get arrested for making partial payments, just paying nothing at all over an extended period of time. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that her intentions were good... but she certainly could have handled things differently to have avoided this. Again, I hope she works it out.

• Options
    And she must not have reported her job to the court, or they would have garnished her wages... and people don't typically get arrested for making partial payments, just paying nothing at all over an extended period of time. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that her intentions were good... but she certainly could have handled things differently to have avoided this. Again, I hope she works it out.
    Yeah, but then I'm wondering how did they know she worked here if she didn't report it to them? But you're right. I'm sure for it to have gotten to the point they're arresting her it must have been more than just one or two late or partial payments. Once she's able to she'll likely give me more details.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    It's still fucking freezing. I'm working from home again.

I did at least change my pajamas.
  • Options

Thanks Jenna! 

My boss doesn't seem to think so, but who knows what HR will say (not that I'm going to go out of my way to tell them). I know I've been told I'm not allowed to hire people before when it was discovered they had convicted felonies on their record, but I can't imagine this counts as a felony (but I'm also woefully uninformed about legal stuff). But unless someone from on high tells me I have to fire her, I'm perfectly willing to keep her on. She's sweet and friendly and I don't see any reason why once she's free she can't do her work.
    misdemeanor charge not a felony. certain states suspend licenses and make it real hard to pay back money or even get a job. FI went through it and now he is pretty much caught up.  
  • Options
    amelishaamelisha member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015

@blabla89, you are a brave woman with the brunch. I am way too self-conscious to entertain the thought of eating
    before trying on clothes, haha. Hope the dress is exactly as you are hoping (pics??) and the accessories look like you imagined with it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, but then I'm wondering how did they know she worked here if she didn't report it to them? But you're right. I'm sure for it to have gotten to the point they're arresting her it must have been more than just one or two late or partial payments. Once she's able to she'll likely give me more details.
    They could have called a friend or family member and tracked her down. IDK.

• Options
    They could have called a friend or family member and tracked her down. IDK.
    True, true. Anyway, I'm going to spend the day focusing on work and chilling.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards