Wedding Party
Options

Bridal Shower Them Ideas!?! Have Any

Hi Everyone!

Do you have any fun Bridal Shower themes, games, party favors that are simple, unique, classic, and/or memorable?  Maybe something that was a success for you and would like to share?  Please let me know!  Whether it was something hosted at a restaurant or at your house or family/friend's house please share!

Thank you so much!  I keep reading about bridal showers online and on websites like Style Me Pretty and Pinterest and they seem a little far fetched and unrealistic so I though I would ask some fellow brides-to-be!

Re: Bridal Shower Them Ideas!?! Have Any

• Options
    Hi Everyone!

Do you have any fun Bridal Shower themes, games, party favors that are simple, unique, classic, and/or memorable?  Maybe something that was a success for you and would like to share?  Please let me know!  Whether it was something hosted at a restaurant or at your house or family/friend's house please share!

Thank you so much!  I keep reading about bridal showers online and on websites like Style Me Pretty and Pinterest and they seem a little far fetched and unrealistic so I though I would ask some fellow brides-to-be!
    The best bridal showers I've been to just have good food, places for everyone to sit, and that don't have too many people. When there are too many people, it's hard to watch the gift opening (which is the whole point of a shower) and it takes forever to open everything. 

As far as themes, I'm trying to think back and literally do not remember the theme of one bridal shower... That's kind of a non-essential expense. If you're hosting, I would ask the bride if she wants games. Some people love them and some people hate them. If you do them, I'd keep it to one or two. I'm not a huge fan, but I like the one where there are questions about the couple and then the person who knows the most gets a prize.

Favors aren't necessary if you're on a tight budget, but edible is best if you do them. Chocolates and cookies always get the best reviews in my circle. I went to one that gave out kettle corn while the bride opened gifts, that was cool.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I agree with PP.  Themes, favors, games, are all kind of... tiring... for lack of a better word.  I think as long as everyone invited is hosted properly and there is awesome food, and cake ;) then an awesome shower you will have!
  • Options
    I agree with PP.  The best parties are ones without themes (lets remember that this is not a 5 year olds birthday party), good food, a nice group of people and good conversation.  Oh and cake.  There has to be cake.

My bridal shower consisted of 18 people, at a restaurant where we all ordered what we wanted for lunch.  My sister/host decorated our long table with some potted plants and did have favors (chocolates).  We all just sat around, drank, ate, had cake and then I opened presents.  No forced fun with silly games or activities.  It was a great 2.5 hours and then it was over with.

• Options
    My bridal shower was at a winery. I guess it kind of had a wine theme because it was at the winery. My sister hosted it and she gave everyone a wine glass and a bottle of wine as favors. I only had 12 people so it was intimate and more like an afternoon out with my friends. It was really great.

• Options
    I really love margaritas, so we're going to have a fiesta-themed shower with a margarita bar and get catering in from a local Mexican restaurant. It really just depends on your personality and style! 

I've been to a brunch shower with a mimosa bar, too, which was fun. I like showers that are at someone's house, they're more laid-back I think and easier to mingle! Plus, cheaper, if you're on a budget. 
    --

• Options
    The best bridal shower I went to skipped the games, favors and a theme.  It was simply the bride's closet girlfriends and family at a family member's home who served finger sandwiches, salad, and really amazing cheesecake.  There were minimal decorations but it was still a fun, happy atmposhere where we watched the bride open gifts and enjoy some wine.
  • Options
    As far as a theme, I would not worry about that too much.  That will just add cost in terms of decor.  I have never given out favors at the showers I have hosted, and I don't believe I've received a favor at any of the ones I have attended. All the showers I have been to have been hosted at someone's home or a church.

I used bridal shower bingo at my sister's shower and it was a big hit.  It happens during the gift opening, so it's something to do in addition to just watching, which I know some people like if they think watching the opening is boring.

Before opening gifts, give everyone a blank bingo card (you can probably find templates online, but I just made my own by putting a table in a Word doc) and a pencil.  Tell everyone to fill in the squares with items you think are in the packages the bride will be opening: towels, a spatula, a 9x13 pan, wine glasses, a picture frame, etc.
    If the bride opens a gift that matches a bingo square, the person gets to cross that square off.  The first one to get a diagonal, vertical or horizontal line wins a small gift. I had three gifts, if I recall correctly, so the first, second and third person to get a Bingo got a gift. People seemed to really enjoy it.  

Another game that I have found that most people find pretty entertaining is asking the bride how much she knows about the groom.  You can find templates for these online as well.  It's basically a list of questions (favorite color, dream vacation spot, which superhero would you be, etc.) that you have the groom answer ahead of time. Then, you ask the bride all the questions and see if her answers match up to what the groom put down.
  • Options
    Food and drinks (mimosa bar, punch, open bar, whatever). Just like a wedding, guests shouldn't be spending any money at a shower.

I love a speedy gift opening. No one likes watching gifts being opened for 2 hours. The best shower I ever went to had one bridesmaid handing the bride the gift, the MOH logging in the gift and recipient, and then other bridesmaids receiving the opened gift and storing it away somewhere. So quick, and so awesome.

You don't have to make the shower into a festival. Maybe we're boring, but in my circle it's really tacky and lame to play games. We just drink and talk.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    My BMs talked me into telling them what my idea was for a theme for my shower. I've always dreamed of an English breakfast theme. I went to London and few years ago and stayed at a fancy hotel with a full English breakfast every morning and it was HEAVEN! Also, I think it will be fun and unique to have a delicious breakfast/brunch served at the shower instead of the classic mini sandwiches with mayo (which I hate!)
  • Options
    Me, I'm not a "themy" person and would have more fun at a shower with a natural flow to it. I'm also not a fan of games at adult parties unless the party is specifically a board game or card party. As long as there is plenty of good food, drinks, and conversation, I'll have fun.
  • Options

Hi Everyone!

Hopefully you know this already but - a bride doesn't throw her own shower and for the most part, her role in the planning aspect is limited to choosing the day and time and the guest list. All the other details are usually handled by the hostess(es).

Now if the hostess asks you what your preference is for all these things, it's perfectly fine to give your input. But theme/decorations/food/drinks/favors and such will sort of revolve around the budget, and it's up to the hostess how that all plays out.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    The only bridal shower game I ever really like is Bingo. Other than that, just serve me alcohol and food and I'm happy. There doesn't need to be a theme. My cousin got engaged in Paris, so her bridal shower had a few touches of Paris. The favor cookies had the Eiffel tower on them. There were some other Paris-themed decorations I can't remember off the top of my head, but it was simple and not overdone. 
  • Options
    The worst bridal shower I went to had one sandwich option (ham, I dont eat lunch meat) and scalloped potatoes. No cake, no treats nothing. Had water and lemonade to drink. It was cutely decorated but boring as all hell. Mine is themed, I know I suck. It's brunch, with two different types of cakes. A small goodies selection (kettle corn, marshmallows dripped in chocolate, chocolate covered pretzels, etc). Only one silly game with scratch offs my Mom had to have. Chocolate covered Oreos as favors, and a chinese auction for a few gift baskets we made. Being hosted at a hotel.
  • Options
    The worst bridal shower I went to had one sandwich option (ham, I dont eat lunch meat) and scalloped potatoes. No cake, no treats nothing. Had water and lemonade to drink. It was cutely decorated but boring as all hell. Mine is themed, I know I suck. It's brunch, with two different types of cakes. A small goodies selection (kettle corn, marshmallows dripped in chocolate, chocolate covered pretzels, etc). Only one silly game with scratch offs my Mom had to have. Chocolate covered Oreos as favors, and a chinese auction for a few gift baskets we made. Being hosted at a hotel.
    Are you hosting your own bridal shower?
    --

• Options
    @hsgator‌ nope! My Step Mom, Mom and MOH are. I just know everything cause I'm nosey and don't like surprises.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards