Texas-Austin
Options

Vendor Review - Austin, January 2015

EheckrothEheckroth member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited January 2015 in Texas-Austin
My daughter was married last weekend at the Allan house and we would peruse these boards during the planning.  We always appreciated the vendor reviews so I hope this information is helpful to any Austin brides during the planning process.

Venue - The Allan House - The Allan house is a beautiful venue and Juliana and Alix are very professional.   The wedding was held in the winter tent which is beautiful and the temperature was comfortable during the wedding and the reception.  We rented two portable heaters for the balcony for during the cocktail hour.  We had 200 at the event and the patio was full but not too cramped.  We had to break down a few tables after the buffet for dancing.  My only complaint about the Allan house is the 7 hours included in the rental doesn't seem like enough time for setup, ceremony, reception and breakdown so we had to purchase additional hours.  Another issue is that they only provide enough tables and chairs for 150 even though they advertise the capacity as 225.  It would be nice if tables and chairs were included for 225.  

Austin Chair & Table - Rentals.  We had to rent a few tables, lots of chairs and ice chests and  they were delivered and picked up promptly. Everything has to be out of the Allan house when you leave (which is understandable).  Austin Chair & Table had the lowest late night delivery pickup charge.  Javier and Elyse were great to work with and everything was perfect.  I had to make a last-minute change the day before the wedding and they were great about the change.

Sugar Mamas Bakeshop - Fantastic!  We had to find a cake baker at the last minute and they were so easy to work with.  They moved up their delivery time for us and then hung around for an hour to make sure the cake was set up and decorated for us.  By the way, the cake was beautiful and tasted wonderful.

Bella by Sara - Flowers.  Sarah did an incredible job.  The flowers were gorgeous and she spent a lot of time at the venue making sure everything looked right before she left town.  She helped us work within our budget and the flowers looked fantastic.

Baxters on Main - Caterer out of Bastrop.  This place did a wonderful job.  They showed up in their mobile kitchen early in the day and cooked everything on site.  The staff worked like crazy to get everything set up for us.  They folded the napkins, decorated the tables and flipped the room.  Oh and did I mention the food was great.  We did a buffet line and people got through the line quickly.  Tables were cleared and everything was boxed up for us at the end of the night.  Communication before the event wasn't as quick as I would have liked but they showed up and did a great job.

Amber Vickery Photography - AMAZING.  She was right on time and worked efficiently throughout the evening.  She was in the middle of the dance floor taking pictures at the end of the night.  She posted a collage of about 20 photos within 24 hours and they looked great. - vibrant colors and great poses.

Heavenly Day Events - Day of Wedding Coordinator.  If anyone tells you that you don't need a coordinator - don't listen to them.  The best money that we spent was on Amber Anderson.  She met with us in March, did the venue walkthrough in November, ran the rehearsal and was there for the pre-wedding hour, wedding and clean up and always available by email.  She and Hailey allowed our family to relax and enjoy the evening although they made sure to find us for all the big moments - first dance, cake and send off.  We had a slight problem at the venue when we arrived and thank goodness Amber and Hailey were there to keep us going.  Once again - hire a day of wedding coordinator and I highly recommend Heavenly Day Events.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards