Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Brunch/Lunch Reception Decoration & Atmosphere Questions

The ballroom is sort of bare, so I was looking for suggestions on decor.  

I am considering this or something similar for my table arrangement.  (See pic below)  Do you have any idea how much this would cost with the vase and branches?  Do you think it will look okay in a ballroom for brunch/lunch?

Someone posted that they closed the curtains, dimmed the lights, and set the mood...... as if it were a night reception during their brunch wedding reception.  Would that be a terrible idea?  

Re: Brunch/Lunch Reception Decoration & Atmosphere Questions

• Options
    I'm not sure how much it would cost, but you can find vases and branches at most craft stores. I'd check Craigslist and thrift stores for vases.

I'd leave the shades open. I think dim lights and candles and such would look odd during the day. Sunshine is one of the things that makes a brunch wedding so gorgeous.
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    If you're having a brunch wedding, I'd take advantage of the daylight rather than trying to replicate a night experience with closed curtains and dimmed lights. Natural daylight, flowers, and ribbons or streamers will look lovely, like the photo on the right in your post.
  • Options
    Unless you DIY, those centerpieces will cost you a small fortune. I know this from spending a small fortune on our manzanita branch centerpieces that were smaller and less involved than those.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Thank you for the feedback!  AddieCake, would you mind sharing how much you spent on your centerpieces?  I've only just begun, so I have no idea about pricing!  
  • Options
    I will check tomorrow. I think I still have the breakdown from the florist on my computer. I'm on iPad and lying in bed and too lazy to get up now!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Agree with PPs above--embrace the pretty daylight!  Keep it fresh, light, airy.  I love brunches!
  • Options
    Okay, I think you convinced me!  The room will be filled with sunshine!  AddieCake, thank you.  I look forward to your information!
  • Options
    My sister bought Manzanita branches and vases (enough for more than 15 tables I think) for her wedding on a pre-owned bridal site. She said she paid about $500 for the whole kit and caboodle, which was a great price for what she got. The bride she bought them said she spent $1,200 for them new. The seller was within driving distance and my sister went and picked them up. They took up a ton of space. 
  • Options
    Do you have a picture of the set up?
  • Options
    cmill15 said:
    Do you have a picture of the set up?
    I will pm you. 
  • Options
    Ours were $150 apiece, and we had 10 of them. I was thinking they were more. It's not as bad as I thought, but still pretty pricey for what they were.
  • Options
    We would have killed for all those windows and the volume ceiling in that room! Enjoy the daylight. 

I see why you would want a tall centerpiece in that room, but remember a centerpiece should not be at eye level so as not to block the conversation. Those low ones are colorful and pretty, so use either something like that, or use the tall Eiffel tower vases. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards