Oregon

Help!! I am new to the Portland area and I need to find a dress...

I am getting married in 6 months, yeah!! :)  I decided to go dress shopping today and went to the only place I knew of, David's Bridal.  I came out of today very confussed.  I have no idea about any other bridal shops in my area, can you please help.

I am not looking for highend boutique's.  I just want to find some where i can get one-on-one attention and high knowledge on wedding gowns, and good prices.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Re: Help!! I am new to the Portland area and I need to find a dress...

• edited December 2011

Some other places to try would be Charlotte's Bridal, Bridal Exclusives, Ania, Jessica McClintock, Tower Bridal, and Silver Lining.

Good luck!

• edited December 2011

I really liked Bridal Exclusives in Clackamas. :)

• edited December 2011
    I found mine at Charlotte's Bridal. Very helpful there!
  • edited December 2011
    If you are looking for something slightly less traditional, local, and uniquely Portland, I cannot speak highly enough of my experience at Lena Medoyeff Bridal!!!
  • anvloveskmeanvloveskme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ended up going with Bridal Exclusives in Clackamas.  Becca was my consultant and she was very sweet.  I was looking to stay around $500-$700 and got exactly what I wanted.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Charlotte's was amazing, very helpful and good price range. I actually got my dress at Tower Bridal (way less expensive than most places, not a ton of attention though)
  • edited December 2011
    This might seem REALLY strange, but I found my gown at Goodwill for $50....a $550 gown for $50 here in AZ (I'm moving to Portland this spring woot!).  It only needs to be cleaned it even came with the little paper thingy in the bodice area. You could likely find one in Portland or another thrift store. I'm planning on having it altered to be more like the one that I really want which should only cost me a few hundred dollars versus almost $1,000 and I know it will really be one of a kind. I've also come across a wedding shop in Vancouver, WA that you can RENT your gown along with all the other clothing needed, the name eludes me, but I believe a quick search on yahoo or google should bring it up without a problem. I've also seen a lot of gowns for sale on craigslist.org. You can always get dresses altered at a good seamstress for a relatively low cost. So, just because it doesn't come brand new from a typical store doesn't mean it wont be beautiful. :) Good luck!
    ahhhhh, Less than 3 months to get this rig on the road!
  • edited December 2011
    I also recommend Bridal Exclusives.  But if you can get yourself to Salem, they have "sample dresses" on sale for under $500 that you can take home that day.
  • edited December 2011
    I just went to the Brides against breast cancer event in Portland! TONS of dresses marked way down - and money goes to a great cause. Mine was $600 total, but that tags were on it for $2600.  Take a friend or 2 with you because there are not changing rooms.... its one big open area w/ tons of brides getting dresses. I was worried at first but I wore a little slip and was fine.
    That same even is going to be up in Seattle beginning of March... so if you don't mind a mini road trip you could try that!

when Mar 5, 2010 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
    (3 day event)

where Qwest Field Event Center
    800 Occidental Avenue S.
    Seattle, WA 98134

cost Free!

homepage http://www.bridesagainstbreastcancer.org

• edited December 2011
    I went to CHARLOTTES BRIDAL,.....and they were amazing! i am telling everyone how awesome they were...tons of attention! They helped me with absolutely everything to make sure I look great for my day! I had Vicky as my consultant and she was awesome! They have a ton of dresses there to see in person and will be able to find whatever u want or find a way to get it for u!
  • edited December 2011
    Here are my two favorite shops:
    English Department - dresses around 1000 or less (more couture-like options)
    Charlotte's - all the designers for all price points
  • WillbeMrsRazWillbeMrsRaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Anna's Bridal in Lake Oswego. Anna is super cute and they know a lot about dresses. Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    My experience at Ania Collection was amazing.  My bridesmaid dresses are from The English Department.  And a third amazing option is Lena Medoyeff Bridal.  I think all three locations give personal attention and their selections include couture and custom options, but in a reasonable price range.  I wanted silk and French lace - expensive materials and my custom gown didn't cost much. 

Good luck and enjoy trying on dresses :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards