Not Engaged Yet
Options

Bachelor (spoilers!)

Blackbird230Blackbird230 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited January 2015 in Not Engaged Yet
Who watched last night? I don't watch the first episodes because I can't keep track of the girls but was happy I watched last night! Kaitlyn is my favorite (we share a name).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Bachelor (spoilers!)

• Options
    MsSparkyMsSparky member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    So I don't typically watch, but I was watching GMA this morning, and I heard a familiar name. Turn out my college freshman room mate is one of the biggest hot messed on the show. I have to go back and re-watch the first episodes now, so this may be my first season of watching the bachelor. @Blackbird230‌, you and I share a name too!
  • Options
    @MsSparky‌ which one? There was definitely a few hot messes.

• Options
    @Ms Sparky I know one of the hot mess girls too. It's embarrassing to watch her lol. I'm having a hard time figuring out if this is scripted or she just drank wayyyyy too much each episode lol.

I watched it last night and I think I might have a favorite already. I love Britt! 
  • Options
    Chris is so cute. He was so involved in just looks at first though which I guess when you're looking at 30 girls it's tough. However I kind of get mad that Bachelor never casts plus sized girls!

• Options
    @Blackbird230 - I respectfully request that you remove "no spoilers" from the title of this thread so we can REALLY talk about it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @Hummingbird125‌ should I see what others feel like? I know some people get upset about it.

• Options
    @Blackbird230 - People only get upset if there are spoilers and they weren't warned! So you can changed "no spoilers" to "SPOILERS!!!" so that no one reads what they don't want to read!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My personal hot mess connection-Tara. We were random room mates at the University of Miami our freshman year. We were also on the rowing team together. I'm planning on watching the first two episodes On Demand tonight, so that I can see how bad it truly was. From the clips I've seen, it looks like she hasn't changed much since we were 18. She always was a party girl. Of course, I was super curious so I looked at her casting bio on the Bachelor website. Can someone please tell me how "Sport Fishing Enthusiast?" is an occupation?
  • Options
    Anyone have any recommendations on their favorite Bachelor recaps?

I watched most of last night's episode but missed the rose ceremony. Also, spoil away!!!

• Options
    A friend of FI is one of? Kaitlyn's most recent exes... makes the season a lot more fun when you feel like you know but don't actually know someone. 
  • Options
    @LaPeanut1018‌ Sharleen, the opera singer from Juan Pablo's season, writes excellent recaps on her blog.

http://www.alltheprettypandas.com/bachelor19/

Her recaps are well-written, hilarious, and give an insiders perspective on things. Definitely one of my go-to reads in the days after the show. Sometimes it takes her a few days to get it written & posted but it's worth the wait.
    --

• Options
    Changed the name of the thread. Let's face it: he only kept Ashley C because the season needs te drama and the crazy.

• Options
    Farmer Chris is totally a man-whore.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I used to watch all the time, but I've kinda stopped since I met FI. I watch maybe one or two episodes a season, and then stop because I get bored/ annoyed. It was a lot more fun when I watched with friends/ didn't have a real relationship/ was younger.

ANYWAY. One of the girls (Nikki D.) is the main model my company uses for our silk/ pjs/ robes! I see her face everywhere! And I have Photoshopped her! (not much, she's very pretty and a great model.) Because of that I decided to watch again. But I've only seen the first episode. She was the pretty brunette who went to Peru and gave him the heart shaped rock.
  • Options
    Okay, now I have time to chat. 

I'm annoyed at Chris for kissing a bunch of girls in group situations (group dates/cocktail parties). Surely he has to know that others will see him and get upset about it. Of course they're all aware of the fact that being on the show means that they're dating a man who is dating a bunch of other women - but that doesn't mean he has to shove it in their faces. IMO, whoever is the bachelor/bachelorette should do whatever they can to make the experience easier for the guys/girls on their season. By kissing a bunch of the girls so early on, and doing so just yards away from other girls he has already kissed, I think he's being kind of a dick.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited January 2015

@hsgator - I haven't checked out Sharleen's blog, I thought she was funny on Juan Pablo's season, I will definitely be checking that out!

My thoughts so far:

- Chris needs to slow down on the kissing. We're 2 episodes in, and he's kissed...what, 5 girls? 6? The fact that I can't keep track this early on isn't good.

- Ashley S is bananas. WOW. I couldn't believe he kept her after the group date, but at least the next episode should be entertaining.

- Britt is the only person who's stood out in a good way so far.

- The girls screaming their heads off in the limos at the zombie paint ball was one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. I would've been just the same, but I thought it was hilarious!

- Not about this week's episode, but the first night went all night! I don't know if I've ever seen the exits the first night being filmed while the sun is coming up!

ETA: realitysteve.com does a recap every week BUT he also posts spoilers! If you visit his site and don't want to know how the season ends (or who gets eliminated what weeks) tread carefully.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Thanks @lmcooper86 and @hsgator! I definitely don't want spoilers...at least not at this point. But something snarky with an insider view sounds perfect. Usually I just google for a Bachelor recap but it'd be nice to find something consistent that I like.

• Options
    @lmcooper86 - Does RealitySteve get it right every year? I remember reading his final four for one of the seasons, but then I never went back to see if they were right.

Crazytown Ashley leaves me speechless. I almost feel bad for the Bachelor (the series) because it is SO obvious that they are only keeping her for the drama. She makes literally no sense. I hope for her sake that she is acting, and not on some drug that makes her act that way.

I haven't watched this show in YEARS but now all of a sudden I'm in hook, line and sinker. DH is NOT happy... lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options

@cu97tiger - He's usually right. There was one season a couple years ago where he was TOTALLY wrong and people ripped him apart over it; it was ridiculous. He can be a douche in his writing, but sometimes he's funny. And I like spoilers.

I feel like Ashley S either managed to get some drugs in there with her, or she's supposed to be on medication and isn't. Or she's on medication that reacts badly with alcohol. I know that sounds harsh, but she's bonkers (or is being super edited to make her seem that way)!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

@hsgator - I haven't checked out Sharleen's blog, I thought she was funny on Juan Pablo's season, I will definitely be checking that out!

My thoughts so far:

- Chris needs to slow down on the kissing. We're 2 episodes in, and he's kissed...what, 5 girls? 6? The fact that I can't keep track this early on isn't good.

- Ashley S is bananas. WOW. I couldn't believe he kept her after the group date, but at least the next episode should be entertaining.

- Britt is the only person who's stood out in a good way so far.

- The girls screaming their heads off in the limos at the zombie paint ball was one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. I would've been just the same, but I thought it was hilarious!

- Not about this week's episode, but the first night went all night! I don't know if I've ever seen the exits the first night being filmed while the sun is coming up!

ETA: realitysteve.com does a recap every week BUT he also posts spoilers! If you visit his site and don't want to know how the season ends (or who gets eliminated what weeks) tread carefully.

To the first bolded, I legit fell over laughing. That was pretty funny. I loved it actually.

To the second, I kept on telling DH while we were watching that the sun was out. He was like, "what?" and I'm like, "LOOK AT THE SUN!!". I don't know but I would have been exhausted!! I bet those girls were so ready to go to bed, I'm surprised all of them didn't look like shit that night from being so tired.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - I know, if I had been up all night the exhaustion would have been very visible!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I totally read the spoilers. Good news for me is that half the time I forget what I read, so as long as I don't go back and read them again, I'll totally forget. I will say, from what I've seen so far, I like what he says happens.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Ashley is is certifiable. I feel so uncomfortable watching her and thinking she needs help.
  • Options
    Ashley is coo-coo.

And he is so much more of a man-whore than I thought when he was on the Bachelorette  - I don't know how I'm going to feel about him for the rest of the season . . . already starting to lose respect. 

Personal fav. so far is Britt. By far. But hopefully if he IS a man-whore dick - she will see it and run.
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Options
    Anyone watch the episode last night?

• Options
    Yes and I'm not that surprised with the ladies that he didn't chose this time around. Personally that McKenzie girl is driving me crazy and I would love for her to leave and also the girl who threw a fit about him hanging out with that other girl in the hot tub for too long. She is getting on my nerves.
  • Options

I thought I was going to really like Chris as the bachelor, but his man-whoring is really irritating. He kissed 8 girls in the episode on Monday...that's almost half of the girls who were left!!

MacKenzie is sort of annoying, I don't care how long she sticks around. @southernpeach89 I think that was the other Ashley? The one who clearly wants everyone to think she looks like Kim Kardashian? I thought she was going to cry her fake eyelashes right off. And Jillian (the hot tub one) seems way too intense.

I've read the spoilers, so far I'm okay with what he says happens. Also, Jimmy Kimmel was hilarious, I loved that he was on this episode!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @lmcooper86 yes you're right. She is was too emotional and whenever she kissed Chris it's like she is about to swallow his face. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards