Chit Chat
Options

Ring issues...

My engagement ring is a thicker band and I have fairly short fingers so it causes my finger to swell.  Because of my shorter fingers the engagement ring plus the wedding band isn't very comfortable.  I've had them resized but that didn't really help.  I've been married almost a year and a half so I've tried to learn to live with it but many days the ring ends up hurting so I take it off which makes me sad so now my husband and I are talking about getting me something more comfortable.  How would you go about selling your rings?   

Re: Ring issues...

• Options
    You can take the stones (assuming you have any) and having them reset into another ring(s).  

My mom now has one big, wide ring instead of an e-ring and wedding band.

That said, my e-ring is also wide.  My wedding band is a little wide too.   I wear that on my left hand and my wedding band on my right hand.  The rings fit better that way. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Can you trade them at the jeweler and put it toward a new ring?

• Options
    I would try wearing just the band, or wearing one on each hand, before selling them. But if I had to sell, I'd have the drives set into a similar but more narrow version.

• Options

On most days I wear just the band...which is fine but I don't like that the engagement ring is not being worn. I know it bothers my husband that he paid serious money for a ring that doesn't get worn.

• Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    I don't understand how a new ring will make your fingers swell less. Also, what does your finger being short have to do with swelling? I'm just confused.

Anyway, it seems like any ring might hurt you. What about making them yet another size bigger? What about wearing them on a necklace?

My ring is very thin and delicate and it still gets uncomfortable when my fingers swell too much. 

Try drinking more water and eating less sodium. It's better for you anyway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    larrygaga said:
    I don't understand how a new ring will make your fingers swell less. Also, what does your finger being short have to do with swelling? I'm just confused.

Anyway, it seems like any ring might hurt you. What about making them yet another size bigger? What about wearing them on a necklace?

My ring is very thin and delicate and it still gets uncomfortable when my fingers swell too much. 

Try drinking more water and eating less sodium. It's better for you anyway.
    It's the way it's made.  The band doesn't give me problems because it's thick on the inside.  The engagement ring is not which allows my finger to swell under the ring which hurts.  Two thick rings on a shorter finger doesn't feel good...that's why I mentioned it.  I've never had issues with any other rings I've ever worn so I disagree that I'll have issues with any ring. 
  • Options
    Alright guess I don't know anything hope you figure it out okay
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Take them to a jeweler and have them give you credit for the gold and have them use the stone(s) to set in another ring. 
  • Options
    If it was the only option, I would have the stones reset into another ring. I wouldn't just sell them personally.

Can you wear your wedding band on your left hand, and your engagement ring on your right?  If he is upset that you don't wear it, you could just wear it on the other hand and get it resized to fit that finger.

What does you H think about you selling the rings?
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    If it was the only option, I would have the stones reset into another ring. I wouldn't just sell them personally.

Can you wear your wedding band on your left hand, and your engagement ring on your right?  If he is upset that you don't wear it, you could just wear it on the other hand and get it resized to fit that finger.

What does you H think about you selling the rings?
    He is fine with it. He sees how often I take the ring off and what my finger looks like underneath. I wonder if a jeweler could fill it in somehow so it's not hollow under it and it's more like the band. That would help greatly.
  • Options
    I'd definitely start with a jeweler, probably the one where they were purchased in case they have something where you can trade it in or have a credit towards having it reset or whatever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards