Chit Chat

Bump Lurkers?

What in the world is going on over there today? It seems like some serious shiz went down overnight and lots of people were banned and everyone is angry.

I lurk on a few random boards and I am a tad confused.....

Re: Bump Lurkers?

• I was wondering what was going on there too. I lurk a lot since H and I plan to TTC in the spring and saw this morning a lot of people were doing 24 hours of silence. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Ooh drama!!  Where can I find the crazy?

• @Maggie0829 check out the parenting board...
  • TB released new TOS yesterday and shit hit the fan, as it always does. As it will inevitably if they use those TOS here. 
  • daria24 said:
    TB released new TOS yesterday and shit hit the fan, as it always does. As it will inevitably if they use those TOS here. 

what changed?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015

KatWAG said:
    daria24 said:
    TB released new TOS yesterday and shit hit the fan, as it always does. As it will inevitably if they use those TOS here. 

what changed?
    I know one thing people were upset about was that the new guidelines actually give examples of what is/is not OK (something I know here on TK we have asked for, many times). And one of the examples was :

You're an asshole-Personal Attack
    You're acting like an asshole-Personal Attack

I know here on TK posters dance around this all the time by saying "I didn't say you WERE an asshole, I said that kicking out a bridesmaid is an asshole move." I believe under the new guidelines saying "kicking out a bridesmaid is an asshole move" would be considered a personal attack. The regs at TB feel that this change in the guidelines is a direct "attack" on the culture of the boards.

The other thing I remember as being a banable offense is recruiting/directing people to another forum site. IE, if you are mad about these guidelines, you should go to BabyForumsTreehouse, it's so much better there!

There is also some language about using animated gifs to harass/upset people. 

I can dig up the new guidelines link, but dear god will it get me BANNED?
  • I lurk too, mainly because my SIL just had a baby and my other sister is preggo and I know my FI will be TTC about a year after the wedding so I've been trying to 'up my knowledge'

Looks like the new TOS is no swearing? Or 'bullying'?

• I've lurked off and on over there....lately I've been in the off mode.
  • beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    KatWAG said:
    daria24 said:

what changed?
    It should be pretty much exactly the same as what'll get rolled out here, I believe. Definitions of trolling, laid out clear that profanity is allowed, etc. Should be coming over here soon.

(I think telling people to 'fuck off' might be violating TOS. I don't know if that had previously had the green light over there)
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I lurk too, mainly because my SIL just had a baby and my other sister is preggo and I know my FI will be TTC about a year after the wedding so I've been trying to 'up my knowledge'

Looks like the new TOS is no swearing? Or 'bullying'?

I don't think swearing is out-right banned. I think it's still Ok to say "I fucking love these shoes." But there is some language about swearing at a poster. 
  • All that said, I have no fucking idea what the hell is happening over there. Looks like a shitshow.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• An entire forum full of drama threads? Happy Birthday to me.

And I'm guessing I'll probably get banned shortly after the new TOS roll out here.

Anniversary
  • So did they just post the new TOS and start banning people immediately?

It still isn't clear to me how it all went down.
  • chibiyui said:
    An entire forum full of drama threads? Happy Birthday to me. And I'm guessing I'll probably get banned shortly after the new TOS roll out here.
    From what I can tell it seems like most of the drama threads have been deleted and a lot of regs got the banhammer. So I don't really know how much there is to actually read over there anymore. 
  • Shit is crazy over there. And I am sure the knot is next

But I do love how some posters keep starting threads say "24 hours of silence" If you post, you arent silent.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Okay if that's coming here I loved you all
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I am guessing that the parenting board is more then one page worth of posts right?  If so, then a shit ton of threads got deleted over there.

• I read one post that said all the mods got banned because they 'violated confideniality' by telling people about the new TOS before it had been rolled out
  • So the reason people are maintaining silence/exiting in mass, is not because a bunch of regs got banned. It's because a bunch of MODS got banned--including one of ours. There was no warning, the new TOS was posted and she was immediately banned. I don't know that she was the best mod...she often told people asking stupid questions to fuck off, instead of deescalating situations, but I think the way it happened was not cool. The rumor going around about why this happened is due to a bunch of negative reviews of the app on Google Play.
  • arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    We really should have an emergency meeting place for when we all get banned. 

There is still Treehouse that a lot of regs went out after the last kerfuffle here.

ETA: boxes...gr..

• Blergbot said:

So the reason people are maintaining silence/exiting in mass, is not because a bunch of regs got banned. It's because a bunch of MODS got banned--including one of ours. There was no warning, the new TOS was posted and she was immediately banned. I don't know that she was the best mod...she often told people asking stupid questions to fuck off, instead of deescalating situations, but I think the way it happened was not cool. The rumor going around about why this happened is due to a bunch of negative reviews of the app on Google Play.

Is said mod banned on TK as well?

Anniversary
  • We really should have an emergency meeting place for when we all get banned. 
    Like when you go to Disney (or another theme park) and pick a meeting place for when you get lost.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards