Chit Chat
Options

Hair Length and Age

2»

Re: Hair Length and Age

• Options
    I've worn my hair in a pixie cut since I was 13 (cut it short for the first time at 8 - to my shoulders then) because I don't want to put a ton of work into taking care of it day-to-day. If your hair looks great and is in good shape, wear it whatever the hell length you want. (Generic you throughout.)
  • Options
    I really wish I could have long grey hair! I will have long hair when I'm older. Apparently my hair won't go grey though I've been told.

image   image   image

• Options
    Can I just say that I hate the mini-afro that a lot of old ladies get?  They put so much work in making it look that way for some reason, and it is just awful, IMO.
    As for "having to cut your hair" at a certain age, that's BS.  Though I will say I had long straight hair for a while (I don't do shit to it other than wash, condition, then put leave in conditioner in it and brush it) and when I finally had it cut to just above shoulder length people said I looked more my age than I did before (meaning I looked older after the hair cut).  
    Also, Katey Segal and Susan Sarandon are looking hot with long-ish hair:
  • Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    I've always wanted to dye my hair grey. 

I'm really young so I think it would look chic.

I would also wear blue lipstick and a nose ring.

I work in a nursing home so I gotta stay "normal"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    larrygaga said:

Isn't grey hair pretty normal for a nursing home? 
  • Options
    esstee33 said:
    larrygaga said:

Okay I didn't think about that. We aren't allowed to have non-natural colors, so I assumed grey on me counted but grey on a 70 year old didn't count. 

On one hand, I would blend in. On the other, they might think I was mocking them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    larrygaga said:

esstee33 said:

larrygaga said:

Okay I didn't think about that. We aren't allowed to have non-natural colors, so I assumed grey on me counted but grey on a 70 year old didn't count. 

On one hand, I would blend in. On the other, they might think I was mocking them.

My grandma's hair went grey when she was 23. Just say that you've been covering it up this whole time! *shifty eyes*

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    hellohkb said:
    esstee33 said:
    larrygaga said:

My grandma's hair went grey when she was 23. Just say that you've been covering it up this whole time! *shifty eyes*
    My mom has had a grey streak since she was 19. She looked like Rogue from X-Men.

• Options
    I'm 36 and I can put my hair in a high five strand braid made from each strand being a five strand braid. Then proceed to sit on the braid.

I'm cutting it when it drags on the floor. Maybe.
  • Options
    I'm 36 and I can put my hair in a high five strand braid made from each strand being a five strand braid. Then proceed to sit on the braid. I'm cutting it when it drags on the floor. Maybe.
    Serious question: are you Rapunzel? Cuz after that, I'm seriously imagining this:
  • Options
    hellohkb said:
    esstee33 said:
    larrygaga said:

My mom has had a grey streak since she was 19. She looked like Rogue from X-Men.
    I have one of those too, and people ALWAYS say the X-Men thing when they find out, it is bizarre.

Most of the reason I returned to my natural blonde last year after almost ten years of dyeing it red, though, was that it was so obvious when I had any roots at all. Now it mostly just looks like a blonder bit because I part my hair to hide it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

MagicInk said:
    MagicInks grandma sounds like the kind of lady I hope to be at 62!
    She's kind of a bad ass. She had a husband she got in an argument with one day and in the middle of the fight he hauls off and hits her. So she very calmly goes into the bedroom gets his gun and shoots him in the leg. While he's crying like a little bitch (her words) she goes "next time don't hit your fucking wife and you won't get shot" she packed a bag and called 911 on the way out the door. Also her new boyfriend (who she brought to the wedding) is 32. Get it grandma.
    Holy shit. That is the best, "I am woman hear me roar" story I've heard in a while. 

Go granny. 
  • Options
    MagicInk said:
    She's kind of a bad ass. She had a husband she got in an argument with one day and in the middle of the fight he hauls off and hits her. So she very calmly goes into the bedroom gets his gun and shoots him in the leg. While he's crying like a little bitch (her words) she goes "next time don't hit your fucking wife and you won't get shot" she packed a bag and called 911 on the way out the door. Also her new boyfriend (who she brought to the wedding) is 32. Get it grandma.
    Does she also have a trunk full of guns?

• Options
    VulgarGirlVulgarGirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015

MagicInk said:

hellohkb said:

She's kind of a bad ass. She had a husband she got in an argument with one day and in the middle of the fight he hauls off and hits her. So she very calmly goes into the bedroom gets his gun and shoots him in the leg. While he's crying like a little bitch (her words) she goes "next time don't hit your fucking wife and you won't get shot" she packed a bag and called 911 on the way out the door.

Also her new boyfriend (who she brought to the wedding) is 32. Get it grandma.

Does she also have a trunk full of guns?

**why don't boxes work on mobile**

No...cause she's not from Detroit.
  • Options
    Julianne Moore (54 years old):

• Options
    My grandmother has the longest hair I've ever seen, reaching all the way to the floor when she's standing. She's almost 90. This is normal in my family. Something about the family elder woman having longer hair to show their age and wisdom. 

I think it's pretty and as a child, I used to fantasize about having hair that long (but Mom kept cutting it). I have short hair now because, well, I just look better with short hair.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards