Oregon

Mission mill Museum?

Does any one know anything about them as far as weddings go?
Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.

Re: Mission mill Museum?

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding reception there once.  I'm so helpful, aren't I?  :-P  It was a really nice venue for a reception.
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it worth the money? Would I have to do a lot to make it look nice?
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends on what you're looking for.  As I recall, the bride and groom went very simple and didn't do a lot of decor.  White linens on the tables, some white lights, and that was about it.  I don't even remember there being centerpieces, though I'm sure there were some.  Let me see if she has any pictures up.  The wedding was in 2001 so things might have changed, but it has a really beautiful rusticness to it that doesn't require a lot of dressing up, I don't think.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_mission-mill-museum-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:fb4f61e4-34ac-4cd7-abc7-cd4ba6641730Post:aebea9ba-bd48-4565-bea4-50c199254f76">Re: Mission mill Museum?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Depends on what you're looking for.  As I recall, the bride and groom went very simple and didn't do a lot of decor.  White linens on the tables, some white lights, and that was about it.  I don't even remember there being centerpieces, though I'm sure there were some.  Let me see if she has any pictures up.  The wedding was in 2001 so things might have changed, but it has a really beautiful rusticness to it that doesn't require a lot of dressing up, I don't think.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]
    Pictures would be awesome :] <div>
    </div><div>I think we've settled on it</div>
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Which room are you looking at?  They had their reception in the spinning room, the one on the 3rd floor.  Unfortunately, she doesn't have any photos online.  She said that she liked the look of the dye room better but it was too small for their reception.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_mission-mill-museum-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:fb4f61e4-34ac-4cd7-abc7-cd4ba6641730Post:7f7f49f0-0b55-445c-bffe-20bd101ddc06">Re: Mission mill Museum?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which room are you looking at?  They had their reception in the spinning room, the one on the 3rd floor.  Unfortunately, she doesn't have any photos online.  She said that she liked the look of the dye room better but it was too small for their reception.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]
    We're using the dye room. Its cheaper
  • edited December 2011
    I set up for and attended a work Christmas party 3-4 years ago and we made it look really wonderful for not much work.  Be warned, the sound system (mainly speaking of speakers) seemed like have not been changed in 30 years so they were crackling a bit if we turned it up very loud. They require security if any alcohol is served and 1 guard for every 50 guests and w/o booze security is still mandatory 1 for every 75-100 guests.  I think the rate of pay was $20 per hour per guard.  I was not directly involved with the business end of the party but I never heard any complaints that they were difficult or unreasonable.  Just check out their web page for details if you have not already.
  • edited December 2011
    They do have a website with a few pics.

www.missionmill.org

I was looking at them too...but still haven't received an email back from their contact person.  But, I am finding that problem with more then a few wedding vendors.
  • Tabrick11Tabrick11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there this November in the Spinning Room. They have been extremely helpful and super nice. They are flexible and they dont have a rediculous fees for every little thing like I found other venue's did. I have also heard nothing but good things from other people and caterers that have worked with them :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards