Chit Chat
Options

I do not make good decisions

jdluvr06jdluvr06 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited January 2015 in Chit Chat
So at around midnight-ish DH says hey let's go see a movie and of course I, being the responsible mature adult that I am said fuck yeah we should go see a movie. So we went to see Wild, which btw amazing, I highly recommend it, and we just got home about 15 minutes ago. It is 3:45 in the morning. I have to be at work in about four hours and I should be sleeping but instead I'm playing on the Internet. I mean I could try to lay down but Cake was a bit dark and kind of depressing and I can never sleep after watching something depressing. 

Edited because I said the wrong movie title. There was a preview for Cake before Wild started and my brain got them mixed up. I do want to see Cake though.

Re: I do not make good decisions

• Options
    At least the movie was good? I woke up at 3:30 for no damn reason.. My fitbit said I only got an hour and 31 min sleep so there is no damn way I should be up.. Super. 

So, we can be irresponsible on the internet together! woo!
  • Options
    FI knows that I am useless after 10 and I'm usually in bed winding down by 9:30. There is no way I could stay awake in a theater on a week night that late. 

Did you read the book? I LOVE that book and wondered if the movie would be even half as good. I know Cheryl was really involved in filming so I doubt she'd let them get too far away from the meaning. 
  • Options
    Dude. I had my PJs on at 8pm! I'm such an old lady. 

I'm glad to hear that Wild was good. I really want to see it. 
  • Options
    I played trivia crack against H until 2 AM. While sitting in bed right next to him. BAD DECISIONS.
  • Options
    Glad to hear the movie was good! I've been wanting to see it.

But yeah, I gotta agree with the rest, that's a late night! I'm usually in bed and out by 11. But then again, I'm up 5/515 every morning.

• Options
    If H asked me randomly to go out at midnight I would roll back over in bed and go back to sleep. I have to prepare myself for the whole week if I stay up past midnight. 

• Options

Yup, you're nuts!! We both go to sleep by 9:45 and if I don't fall asleep immediately I bitch that it was a horrible night's sleep (you know, because I got 8 hours and not 8.5 hours).

We laugh because even on weekends, we go to noon movies and 3pm dinners........we literally are leaving as the senior citizens are walking in.

• Options
    I was reading in bed by 8:30 last night. No regrets.
  • Options
    i downloaded a sylvia day crossfire series last night at 830pm.... now i cant put it down. oh and had tea last night and i couldnt fall asleep plus being strung up because of the book didnt help any.
  • Options
    FI and I went to bed last night at 8:50, lol.  We're both sick though so I'll use that as my excuse.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    arrippa said:
    I was reading in bed by 8:30 last night. No regrets.
    Not even a single letter?

ETA:  My fiance and I say this all the time.
  • Options
    I had already been asleep for 2.5 hours by the time you and your H decided to go see a movie.

• Options
    I was fancifying cheap Walmart ramen for FI and I at 12. BUT I spent some of my night before FI got home from work crocheting in a rocking chair under my favorite blanket, and some of it was spent sleeping.

I cannot wait until we are on a consistent, convergent schedule where we work basically the same hours. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

SIB
    I had my pajamas on by 6:30 and got in bed at 8:30. No shame. 
  • Options

SIB

You guys wear pajamas? lol.

I take off my work pants immediately upon home arrival and put on yoga pants but they come off at bedtime

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

SIB

You guys wear pajamas? lol.

I take off my work pants immediately upon home arrival and put on yoga pants but they come off at bedtime

Lol yeah I love to wear big fuzzy pajama pants around the house but for whatever weird reason my legs get super hot so I can't sleep in pants. Kind of sucks when I stay the night at FMIL's house, because I feel obligated to keep my pants on the entire time. 
  • Options
    I'm glad you liked the movie! Wild is one of my favorite books! I just finished reading it for the second tme in about 2 months. I definitely need to go see the movie now!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I've didn't even realize it was a book. If the movie was that good I imagine the book is great.

Last night wasn't something we'd normally do. Usually by midnight H is in bed and I'm watching tv or reading. It was a strange night. We had fun though.

@scribe95‌ there are no 24 hour movie theaters in your area? That is sad. Going to a super late night movie is fun.

I will say that I've learned and important lesson from our adventure though. Pregnancy hormones+ not enough sleep = super bitchy me.
  • Options
    jdluvr06 I want to know where you get your magic powers of only getting 4 hours of sleep and still functioning like a human being. If I get less than 6 hours I'm a dead slug the whole day. 
  • Options
    If it makes you feel any better, on Monday night I went to bed at 4:30am and woke up at 6am. I was catching up with a friend I hadn't seen in awhile and the night got away from us.  I also got a parking ticket for forgetting to move my car. Tuesday and Wednesday were not fun days due to the lingering sleep deprivation.  Last night I went to bed at 9 like an old lady and slept until six. 

• Options
    jdluvr06 I want to know where you get your magic powers of only getting 4 hours of sleep and still functioning like a human being. If I get less than 6 hours I'm a dead slug the whole day. 

There is no superpower. I'm pretty useless today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards