Chit Chat
Options

What The U.S. Would Look Like If Booze Preferences Determined State Lines

Re: What The U.S. Would Look Like If Booze Preferences Determined State Lines

• Options
    BrandNewJBrandNewJ member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    The confederation of Southern California craft brewers. Sounds right. Although I would Prefer to be from Vinland. Love wine country!
  • Options

I live in NY. I'd say that's pretty spot on. Ice wine talk all winter and my town actually hosts a festival called the Riesling Festival every summer.

• Options

I live in NY. I'd say that's pretty spot on. Ice wine talk all winter and my town actually hosts a festival called the Riesling Festival every summer.

Riesling Festival? I want to go to there.
  • Options
    Yep NC "Confederation of North Carolinian Craft Beer" 

• Options
    BrandNewJ said:

Riesling Festival? I want to go to there.

It's full of amazingness. So many wineries, so many breweries....and usually there's cheese too. A weekend long event full of yummy alcohol and sunshiney weather.
  • Options
    I'm from the "Democratic Creole Republic of Debauchery." 

Is that supposed to mean I'll throw anything down my gullet? 

Nailed it! 
  • Options
    emmaaa said:

SIL lives in NC and for Christmas she brought H and I a six pack of 6 different NC craft beers. It was so nice to try some new stuff!
  • Options
    emmaaa said:

SIL lives in NC and for Christmas she brought H and I a six pack of 6 different NC craft beers. It was so nice to try some new stuff!
    I can count at least 10 breweries within 45 miles of me.

• Options
    Good I live where "spirits" dominate. I am so very ok with that. 
  • Options
    BrandNewJ said:
    The confederation of Southern California craft brewers. Sounds right. Although I would Prefer to be from Vinland. Love wine country!
    Me too! And I'm very happy to abut Vinland.  That place is rad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:

I'm about an hour from Asheville where I live now and go about once a month. It is insane how many have popped up. 
  • Options
    mrsdee15 said:
    BrandNewJ said:
    Is that your new state? Our most relaxing weekends have been in Wine Country. Our favorite winery is V. Sattui. Amazing! 
  • Options
    maeday2 said:
    emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:

I'm about an hour from Asheville where I live now and go about once a month. It is insane how many have popped up. 

H and I talked about going on beer tour just around the lake our town is on. There are 3 right in town, and a few more along our lake. That doesn't even scratch the surface of how many others there are within an hour drive of us. It's awesome when we go wine tasting because we have ALL the Finger Lakes wineries in our backyard and can mix in some breweries along the way.
  • Options
    maeday2 said:
    emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:

I'm about 4 hours from Asheville and every time I go there H and i stop at all the breweries we see on the way and buy one beer...we end up with a lot of beer.

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    maeday2 said:
    emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:

I'm about 4 hours from Asheville and every time I go there H and i stop at all the breweries we see on the way and buy one beer...we end up with a lot of beer.
    Seriously. That would be enough to stock pile. 

I did a Brews Cruise in Asheville last summer for a friend's birthday. I thought, "Hey I'm an experienced beer drinker. I probably won't even get drunk. It's just 3 breweries." Holy shit. We did Highland, French Broad, and Pisgah (MY FAV) and they give you so much beer. I was housed by the time we got the second brewery.  

You ride in an old school bus with a popcorn machine. The ride back was nothing but my drunk ass stuffing my face with delicious popcorn. 
  • Options
    maeday2 said:
    emmaaa said:
    maeday2 said:
    emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:

Seriously. That would be enough to stock pile. 

I did a Brews Cruise in Asheville last summer for a friend's birthday. I thought, "Hey I'm an experienced beer drinker. I probably won't even get drunk. It's just 3 breweries." Holy shit. We did Highland, French Broad, and Pisgah (MY FAV) and they give you so much beer. I was housed by the time we got the second brewery.  

You ride in an old school bus with a popcorn machine. The ride back was nothing but my drunk ass stuffing my face with delicious popcorn. 
    I need to do that!

• Options
    LMAO at "Federation of Retired White Zinfandel." Yep, that's H's grandpa!

• Options
    TAX FREE BOOZE TRADE ZONE, BITCHES.

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I live in Vinland. Given what my recycling bin looks I would say it's pretty damn accurate.
  • Options
    I don't see how Colorado is called Coors Ice Cold Kingdom. There are a shit ton of craft breweries in Colorado. 
  • Options
    I'm in the bourbon commonwealth... That sounds about right. Seriously if any of you decide to travel through KY (and you should it is a beautiful state with a ton of pretty horses) go on a bourbon tour. There are so many fantastic smaller distilleries here. I don't know why Jim Beam gets all the press.
  • Options
    Born and raised in Vinland but currently living in Sam Adams Craft Commonwealth. This explains my equal love for both wine and beer (actually anything alcoholic).
  • Options
    BrandNewJ said:
    mrsdee15 said:
    BrandNewJ said:
    Is that your new state? Our most relaxing weekends have been in Wine Country. Our favorite winery is V. Sattui. Amazing! 
    We haven't really gotten up to actual wine country, but  have several wineries in the areas surrounding our Confederation of Southern California Craft Brewers.  One of them makes an "angel kiss" drink - almond champagne and port (Wilson Creek).  So, so good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Proud to live in "Bellhaven." I love all the beers we have around here!! W00T!!!! Even though I'm drinking New Belgium Accumulation right now, I love my MI brews!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Eh, I don't really believe the mead thing in Alaska. I dot know anyone who prefers or even drinks mead, and I've lived in several places around the state. I would say local beer is a more accurate representation.
  • Options
    mrsdee15 said:
    BrandNewJ said:
    mrsdee15 said:
    BrandNewJ said:
    We haven't really gotten up to actual wine country, but  have several wineries in the areas surrounding our Confederation of Southern California Craft Brewers.  One of them makes an "angel kiss" drink - almond champagne and port (Wilson Creek).  So, so good.

That sounds delicious! We're going to try that next
  • Options
    Utah alcoholic exclusion zone sounds about right
  • Options
    I love that I am originally from the Lawless Moonshine Mountain Territory. Them's my people!

Will someone explain what the DPRP is?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Virginia is spot on. 

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards