Not Engaged Yet

Bored...where's the bling?

I get off early on Thursdays but have until 7 p.m. for my night meeting so I'm hanging out at Starbucks aka doing nothing. Show me some bling! Whether it's yours or a dream ring, I just want something pretty. The weather is horrible and cold and need some kind of happy. Might be cool for all the new ladies too.

Here's my aquamarine with diamonds, white gold.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Bored...where's the bling?

• @LaPeanut1018 OMG your shoes are fabulous!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have fallen so madly in love with this setting, and the round center stone. It's the only ring I've ever looked up more than once. I literally have the tab for it constantly open on my phone internet so I don't lose it.

• lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    @eilis1228

I was eyeing a wedding band like that too! Or one with just marquise shapes like http://www.brilliantearth.com/Cadenza-Eternity-Diamond-Ring-(1/4-ct.-tw.)-Platinum-BE2D2413/ .

I found some in stores that I liked, but they didn't all sit right with my ring. So I don't know if the one online would work. Plus, they're more expensive!

And I like how ALL THE RINGS look! I'm very VERY conflicted.

I also like the thin plain band look like http://www.brilliantearth.com/Petite-Comfort-Fit-Wedding-Ring-Platinum-BE299/

a  thin twisted band (with or without diamonds) like
    http://www.brilliantearth.com/Petite-Twisted-Vine-Diamond-Ring-Platinum-BE2M254P/ .
     I found a brick and mortar store that makes a twisted band like this without diamonds, but its a touch wider than I'd like (I want a 2mm or less band, and I think the one they had was 2.5). It would be $800. I don't know if they would/ could make it thinner for me or not. If they would, it would obviously be custom and I wouldn't be able to return it if I don't like how it turns out.

engraved bands like
    http://www.brilliantearth.com/Hudson-Ring-Platinum-BE232/.
    or
    http://www.brilliantearth.com/Garland-Ring-Platinum-BE240/

OR a thin, plain band with milgrain like
    http://www.brilliantearth.com/2mm-Milgrain-Wedding-Ring-Platinum-BE2102/

AHHHH! Right now, I think I may get that exact 2mm band with milgrain from brilliant earth. Its a less expensive option $575 vs $800+), will be less maintenance than a ring with diamonds... and I can return it in 30 days if its too wide or I don't like it, as opposed to going custom. PLUS, FI is going to get a 5mm version for his wedding band. So we'll match, which I think is sweet. I want to LOVE my wedding band. But I don't know what I will LOVE for the long term. The milgrain band seems safe.

If anyone got through all those links... thoughts? I also have a TON of pictures with rings on my hand from jewelery stores, but none of them are these online versions, and none looked quite right, so I"m not sure if they would be helpful. Sorry if this was super annoying. I've been doing so much ring shopping... I hate not knowing what to do. I'm definitely in BSC mode.

• @lilacck28 - Oh man, I like the idea of the engraved ones. The sparkly-ness of your current ring, plus the design work? you've got yourself a show stopper!....... My second choice is definitely the milgrain band. I think it would be lovely. Plus, matching your FI would be wonderful!

• @ellis1228 I LOVE your ring. I remember when you were designing it!

@phira, do you have the link to your professional photos? I totally missed the thread. :( I wanted to see the pretty blue dress!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @lilacck28 My jeweler actually encouraged me not to do an eternity ring because they can't be re-sized. I love all the options you posted, but for the swirly one (which is so cool!) and the cadenza one, finding a similar option where the diamonds don't go all the way around. Are you planning on wearing your e-ring and your band as a set, or separately? 

@speakeasy14 I love that ring from your mother! It's gorgeous! 

@phira I still can't get over how stunning your dress was. Holy moly. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    @eilis1228 Yeah, I'm in total agreement. I do NOT want an eternity ring with diamonds all the way around, for both resizing issues and because I really beat up the underside of my ring.

I believe in the petite twisted band, the diamonds don't actually go around the whole way. But yeah, the Cadenza ring wasn't going to be my choice because of that. I found great similar rings , for a fantastic price (less than $900) that were only halfway eternity through Rosado's Box and other Etsy shops, but... their return policy is only 5 days! Just didn't feel comfortable with that.

I also found a custom jeweler out of CA that is recommended on pricescope who would make me a thin engraved band in platinum for $650.. .but again, I'm wimping out with the custom thing since I wouldn't be able to return. Going to a brick and mortar store or one of these well known online stores feels safer somehow? My parents got into my head for sure.

I do love the engraved bands, but my mom said something about how they look cheap sometimes, or maybe down the road I won't like it? And, $1300 vs $575. I'm trying to be responsible.. but I don't want to regret things. I could go around in circles with this forever. That's how I landed on the milgrain. It matches fiance. No other ring would.
    So I think I'll get the thin milgrain? If its too wide or I don't like it in person or feel like "WAH I want something more intricate/ pretty"... return it. Then I'd probably get the 1.5 mm plain band. Those are the least expensive/ least obtrusive, so they should go well enough with my engagement ring. And they sing "married!" since they're traditional.

Then down the road maybe get a sparkly right hand ring? UGH. I LOVE ALL THE RINGS.

• @eilis1228 thank you! It is so different with the diamonds in the middle, it took me a little bit to get used to, but now I love that it is different.  

@lilacck28 exactly what @eilis1228 said; my bf will always warn customers that anything with stones all around are more difficult to resize (meaning stones will get ruined).  I really like the engraved and milgrain and think they'd look awesome with your ring. 
  • Thanks for reading all my rambling guys!
  • Crap, I forgot to put up a link to my pro photos! WILL GO DO THAT.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • After looking everywhere I can only say I suck at photos!
    I don't actually have my engagement ring photo taken the night he proposed!
    And not a good one either..bummer,we are still waiting for pro photos,and
    I have only 6 we were given as a preview.
    Let me see what bling we have here..
    The few times I had nice nails,with a bling on the ring finger.
    imageimage
    My tiny ring,sorry for the awful nails,and the bad pic,in a close up I figured out I'm a hairy hand beast
    imageimageimage
    Our invitations I sprayed with glitter,the shoes I wore-I LOVE my blingy heels,and it was a sign when I find the last pair that fit me,so I had to take them-,and some Moscato d'Asti,with extra herpes of the craft world.I still find it around the house.

• marylab said:
    After looking everywhere I can only say I suck at photos!
    I don't actually have my engagement ring photo taken the night he proposed!
    And not a good one either..bummer,we are still waiting for pro photos,and
    I have only 6 we were given as a preview.
    Let me see what bling we have here..
    The few times I had nice nails,with a bling on the ring finger.
    imageimage
    My tiny ring,sorry for the awful nails,and the bad pic,in a close up I figured out I'm a hairy hand beast
    imageimageimage
    Our invitations I sprayed with glitter,the shoes I wore-I LOVE my blingy heels,and it was a sign when I find the last pair that fit me,so I had to take them-,and some Moscato d'Asti,with extra herpes of the craft world.I still find it around the house.
    @marylab - The fact that you said the bolded makes me love you.

• marylabmarylab member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    hahaha @AlPacina I first saw it once on Pinterest and never used it..until
    our cocktail party.The flakes you see on the bottles came in a nice shaker.
    Like a salt shaker with two opening,one with holes and one huge hole to bling the &^%$ out of everything.So..the night before the party I was putting fabric on our inside stairs,cause we have 2 floors,and people needed that motivation to climb 57 stairs lol
    So after I was done ..I missed some silver from our theme.
    Fi was on the computer so I come in and ask him with my most cute voice if I could
    ask him a favor.He looked at me with a worry,as I was holding the glitter,and replied
    if it had anything to do with it,and what he would have to do.So I gently threw the idea
    of glitter on the fabric.I did catch a glimpce of horror,but damn he must love me too much.He agreed to clean it after,and let me sprinkle the *^%& out of it.
    I felt so happy and obsessed these 10 minutes.

• @marylab - (This is terrible sounding but it's totally a joke and meant in a light hearted manner.) When I'm talking to my guy friend from work, and I refer to his wife, I always call her the Glitter Bitch because their wedding invitations had a strip of paper holding all the pieces together, and it was 2 inches thick and COMPLETELY COVERED in gold glitter. Which meant that subsequently, so was my house..... For months.....

But I love her. She is not a bitch......... Except for the glitter thing.

• marylabmarylab member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    @AlPacina Glitter Bitch #2 here hahaha
    We wanted white pearl paper for the invitations,but
    when got to the shop,there wasn't any.It was August so either 
    I had to wait 2 weeks or go and find it myself.But nope,if I want
    something,it has to happen like NOW.Plus I was bored and
    finally we were having this party so I was too friggin' excited to
    wait to give the invites.My eye caught a can of glitter.Something 
    normally I would expect to find at a craft supply store not there,
    and it was a.SILVER b.only 12$ c.ready to be used!
    Next morning I was spraying front and back the invites,all glittery,
    on our balcony and of course the thing had glue,but still
    glitter defines glue.
    I was apologizing for getting people's hand all glittery,but inside
    was evilly laughing 

• And to my defense @AlPacina I'm not a glitter person but something with
    this party let myself lose on that matter.
    I do recall that I had two lanterns made with glitter monograms and
    the date..also the parasol I made for pics had glitter too..
    I liked digging my fingers into that glitter pile like in a sack of beans or rice.
    Yeap,I'm a weirdo.And now I need seriously to get the pro pics.
    Then I can put something glittery on my sig and stop confusing people with that letter :p

• lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited January 2015
    Double post…but the photo only worked with the second post. Booooo TK

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards