Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Serious Dress Regret Months Later

I want to start out saying that my wedding day was absolutely perfect. Sure, teeny timing things went wrong here and there... but at the end of the day, I had just had the most wonderful day. Everything was absolutely perfect.

Then friends posted their pictures on Facebook.

I can't get over this awful wrinkle that somehow ended up on the front of the corset. It could easily have been fixed by adjusting the tightness of the dress, I'm sure (it was a lace-up back). And I can't get over the fact that in the TWO HOURS that I was wearing my dress before the ceremony, NO ONE - my bridesmaids, my family, H's family, the photographer, the church wedding coordinator - managed to tell me that this wrinkle was there or tried to help me fix it.

I realize that it's very possible that I'm overreacting. But all I see in every picture of my left side is this wrinkle. It's awful. Every time I look at pictures of my dress, I get angry and resentful that this happened. I cared way more about the dress than any silly flowers, or centerpieces, or bubbles. Yet it was the one thing that managed to get screwed up.

It's been four months. And I can't get over it.

Everyone was telling me all day how beautiful I looked, and how beautiful my dress was. But I can't help but wonder how many people noticed the wrinkle. It's possible it wasn't as noticeable in person... the dress was really sparkly, which may have helped mask it, and of course, amateur digital cameras aren't marvelous.

But when I look at these pictures, I just have to think that it was noticeable. And it makes my blood boil.

I've asked the photographer to try to edit it out of my professional pictures, if possible. He didn't say no, so he can probably at least mask it. But until I see those pictures, all I have are my friends' pictures, and I'm forced to stare at the wrinkle.

Maybe I'll feel better when I see the professional pics, and can put together an album of decent pics where the wrinkle can't be seen.

I don't know.

This seriously is eating me up. I know this may sound ridiculous to some people, but it's not ridiculous to me, and I don't know how to get past it.

Help?