Chit Chat
Options

punch bowl

My grandma is insisting that I use her giant crystal punch bowl at my wedding. We're not serving punch. The caterer doesn't want to serve drinks in it (they might if I demanded) and I don't want my guests to have to dip the drinks with a ladle anyway. None of our food options work for serving out of a bowl, either. But I don't want to hurt grandma's feelings so I'm trying to find a way to use it.

So can you ladies give me some ideas on what else I could do with it? Some way that I could use or display it? Help me get creative here!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: punch bowl

• Options
    Do you have favors? Put favors in it? Use it for guests to write advice and put the paper in it?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    ^ I like both those ideas. You could also fill it with water and float candles/flowers in it?
  • Options
    Can you use it at your shower instead? If you have it at your wedding, you have to clean it up and pack it out...just one more thing to worry about.

If the shower isn't an option, what if you worked it into a centerpiece for the head table? LOOK GRANDMA, SO SPESHUL!! YOUR PUNCH BOWL IS ON MY TABLE!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Have the guests put their cash in it for the dollar dance? 

JUST kidding. 
  • Options
    Candies? Could it be your card box?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Fill it with flowers and put it next to the guest book? Bonus points if you can figure out what flowers grandma had at her wedding and use those.
    This.  Or tell Grandma that you appreciate her lending you her bowl but that you really have no use for it and that you are afraid that it could get damaged.

Saying no thanks is not a bad thing.

• Options
    In a pinch, you could use it to hold mints or something like that. Place it near the table with favors or the guest book.

Otherwise, I'd make a big point about how uncomfortable you are with the idea of using it because you would be devastated if anything happened to it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Fill it with flowers and put it next to the guest book? Bonus points if you can figure out what flowers grandma had at her wedding and use those.
    This.  Or tell Grandma that you appreciate her lending you her bowl but that you really have no use for it and that you are afraid that it could get damaged.

Saying no thanks is not a bad thing.
    The bolded is a good tactic. Both my mom and my sister (back when she was still talking to me) tried to push some ugly thing that they wanted to have on display at my wedding. I told them I was really afraid it would get broken or left behind, so they backed off. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards