Chit Chat
Options

Update on Rescued Pit Mixes

So the rescues are doing well. We named the momma Ladybug. She hasn't had the pups yet which is good since the vet said she shouldn't be due for another week. She looks a million times better than she did. Very hyper and happy. Also we have six homes lined up for the puppies once they are weaned.

Little Girl, the other pup, is doing better too. Still working on getting her the surgery and a new home. Unfortunately the rescue shelters in our area will not take her. (Well they will, but she will be put down immediately simply for being a pit bull mix.)

Also an update on the people who originally had the animals for dog fighting. Today FI and I came home for lunch to find two men (who had been suspects in the dog fighting ordeal) had broken into our home and were trying to steal back the dogs. They also tried to take our bulldog rescue. He fought the two men and wouldn't let them take back the rescues. The people ran off as soon as they saw us.

FI is at the police station filing a report now. And I am at the vet with our bulldog. One of the douchebags had a knife and left a nasty gash on my baby's ribs. Vet says he will be fine. Just needs a couple stitches and an antibiotic in case of infection.

Re: Update on Rescued Pit Mixes

• Options
    So many emotions!
    I'm so happy that they were rescued by caring people.  That they will be taken care of and you will find responsible owners.
    On the other hand I am scared and ragey that two men broke into your house to attempt to steal them.  Is your FI ok?  I hope all of the dogs heal well and you can keep the scumbags away.

Anniversary

• Options
    Whoa. Glad they're doing better, but HOLY SHIT!

• Options
    OMG, I was so excited for the first half of that post but that took a really fucking dramatic turn! So glad your dog is ok and that those assholes ran off. Stay safe! There's a very vicious circle of hell waiting for those guys. But may they suffer long before getting there.
  • Options
    I'm glad you and the dog are OK. Wow, what a scary turn of events.
  • Options
    @paperpusher‌ FI is good. Pissed off, but good. I'm just glad that we came home when we did, and that they didn't manage to take the dogs.
  • Options
    Oh my god!
    I'm so glad the dogs are ok. I can't believe those pieces of shit broke into your home!
  • Options
    I'm so glad the dogs are alright but that is fucking scary that those guys broke into your house! Hopefully they get arrested.
  • Options
    How did those suspects even know you found the dogs? How did they find your home. This is so crazy.Also, I can't believe a shelter would put down a dog (a puppy!) just because it's a pit mix. Do you live in the south?

• Options
    How did those suspects even know you found the dogs? How did they find your home. This is so crazy.Also, I can't believe a shelter would put down a dog (a puppy!) just because it's a pit mix. Do you live in the south?

It's not a southern thing. A lot of kill shelters across the country will automatically out down any breed that is considered aggressive because they are considered unadoptable.
  • Options

Idk how they knew where we lived. But then again it is small town where everyone knows everybody. On the bright side, cops found one of the guys from the break in this morning. Yay!

Like @jdluvr06‌ said, unfortunately its common for a lot of shelters to immediately put down "aggressive" breeds without giving them a chance at a new home. We have a few no kill shelters too, but they only accept animals that have come through the humane society and animal control. So pit bulls, rottweilers, dogos, and a couple other breeds don't have a chance to get a new home even at a no kill in our area.
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, that is so incredibly scary! I'm in shock. So glad you guys are okay, and your dogs, and that they found one of the guys!

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    firebabe, I'm worried about you now. Are the police going to keep an eye out on your home? I hope that charges are being pressed.

• Options
    @MairePoppy‌ definitely pressing charges. I'm hope they will also be able to charge the guy for animal cruelty too! I hate dog fighters...

We are safe. FI has made sure he will be home when i get off so I'm not alone, plus I carry a 9mm. I would love to put a few extra holes in that other asshole if he was dumb enough to come around again.
  • Options

LOL! I really don't like guns, but I'm glad you have one :)  And I'm glad your bulldog put a few holes in the guy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards