Wedding Reception Forum
Options

September wedding--colors?

Ok, so we are getting married Sept. 12th and I am having a serious issue with colors. I like ivory, light purple (lilac), with a little bit of gold accents.  Is this too light for a late summer wedding? It is outdoors. 

Thank you. 

Re: September wedding--colors?

• Options
    I think those colors will be fine, especially for an outdoor wedding. There's no hard rule that says certain colors need to be avoided/used certain times of the year. If you've always envisioned an ivory/lilac wedding then go for it! 
    --

• Options
    Those colors look beautiful together. You don't have to match the colors to the season. Plus, purple and gold are used in quite a few autumn palettes, so lilac will fit right in with the summer/fall transition.
  • Options
    That sounds lovely! Don't over think this.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    over-thinkiing.

My Sept wedding was lavender, ivory and brown.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

Ok, so we are getting married Sept. 12th and I am having a serious issue with colors. I like ivory, light purple (lilac), with a little bit of gold accents.  Is this too light for a late summer wedding? It is outdoors. 

Thank you. 

That sounds like it would be really pretty! You could also work some cranberry tones in there to warm it up for fall. I wouldn't stress over it too much though.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    September 12th is early, and around here at least usually fucking hotter then June. You're fine.

Anniversary
  • Options
    You're overthinking it. I was told my colors were too dark for a spring wedding. I didn't care and it looked beautiful.

• Options
    :) Thanks! Light purple/ivory/gold it is!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards