Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

But is it appropriate?

Hello Knotties,

We are drawing very near to my wedding date (May 30, 2015) With this being a destination wedding and my guest would have traveled to a different country to be present, Is it appropriate to have a card box during the reception? Now we are not asking for any kind of gifts, but for those who want to give a card, drop a note of advice or encouragement. What to do? Knotties please help.

Re: But is it appropriate?

• Options
    We are in a similar situation.  We are going to have a card box.  We decided to after we realised we would bring a card to any wedding.  My mum also agreed that she would never attend a wedding without at least a card.  DW or not, we would also give cash or a gift card, just because we like and choose to give a wedding gift.  So we decided to have a card box, if we don't receive any cards, that's ok with us, but we want a place for guests to put them if they choose to.
  • Options

Thanks Kimberly 0315!

I didn't want to seem if we were soliciting gifts in any way shape or form.  I totally agree I would still bring at the least a card to a wedding. Besides we know how much blood sweat and tears go into the planning portion!

• Options
    Agreed! We're going to have a card box the fits our decor on the same table as the guest book. I think people will still bring cars so there should be a place to put them. It's also a cute and fun way to add to your decor.
  • Options
    We didn't bring one, and I'm glad we didn't because I think it would have felt uncomfortable for everyone who didn't bring a card.  The few folks who did bring one (two couples out of 35 people) just gave them to someone in the wedding party or our parents. 
  • Options
    We didn't plan on a card box either, but a lot of guests brought cards and asked where to put them, so we put out a basket the venu had for the cards. We later lost all the cards, so I'd probably go with a box or somethig more obvious if I had to do it over again.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards