Chit Chat
Options

Monday morning thoughts

- My friend who is also divorced and remarried thinks it's weird that I use the china I received from my first wedding. She says that hers sits in her attic unused. I think that's silly. It's just china. And my set is really nice! Why not use it? My first wedding was more than 10 years ago! 

- I should have followed our own advice. We went to a baby shower at 2pm, and I stupidly assumed there would be a good amount of food. There were just a few passed appetizers. I was starving. 

- I met an interior designer at the baby shower (who lives 10 minutes from me) and she's going to give us all sorts of hook-ups. I can use her 40% discount for all the fixtures for the bathroom, including the toilet! She's also going to help me design the kitchen at no charge. I can't believe my luck! This is a woman that has an extremely success design company and works on multi-million dollar homes. She did one bathroom reno that cost $200,000. Holy hell. 

- We booked our tickets to DR this weekend! March 19 - 22. So excited! 

Ok, now tell me your thoughts. 

Re: Monday morning thoughts

• Options
    My thoughts are just about coffee right now. Sweet coffee. I stayed up too late again.

Actually no, after just getting on the train to go to work I'm now annoyed at other people. They either all crowd on before the other passengers can get off, or get on with their huge suitcases (the train goes direct to the airport as well) and then stand in the doorway looking at all the available seats. Pick one, or at least move in a bit so the rest of us can be on the train too.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    -FI's company offered him a permanent position last week, but they tried to low-ball him on the salary. This morning they accepted his counter-offer and he'll be a full time employee next month!

-I got a sweet new tumbler made of recycled glass from starbucks. I am way too excited about it.

-I am desperately craving a bacon gouda sandwich or a chicken biscuit, but I'm forcing myself to stick to my diet (and budget)

-I hate the new format of CNN.com

@climbingwife that sounds like a perfect time for an island getaway!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    My thought: I don't want to be at work right now. DH starts work at 6am on Mondays and the only option that works for us with one car and limited public transit options is for me to drop him off at 6 then go to work.

Anniversary
  • Options
    That's the best serendipitous meeting. I'd put her discounts to work. 

1. I'm glad we had awesome weather this weekend so Huck and I got lots of outside time. I feel better after a lot of sunlight. 

2. Dinner date with my BFF tonight makes Monday better. 

3. I want to call my sister and wake her up since she has today off and I'm bitter. 

Here's Huck and pretty skies! 
  • Options
    - I keep telling myself this week will be a good week.

-not going to let anyone piss me off (good luck) 

-hoping FI can get a decent amount of stuff done at the house today so we can get inspection done and we can start slowly moving in. (YAY)

-and how i am going to finish my sewing projects before i move out and no longer have a sewing machine to do any of these projects.
  • Options
    Today is a "holiday" for my firm but since we have a depo tomorrow I have to prep today.  At least I'm not in the office.  I might go to the mall this afternoon and look for wedding shoes!  ah!  

I'm sitting alone in my mom's friend's house right now, which is weird.  Mom is doing this 6 weeks of babysitting thing, and the boys are with their grandfather, and my mom is at work, so here I am.

My mom is really happy I'm here, which is great.  I was worried I wouldn't be able to fly up here early so I'm glad it worked out.

I still feel like I have period cramps thanks to my shiny new IUD.  And I also keep wanting to type DUI instead of IUD.

Now I'm thinking about wedding shoes again.  Sparkly, sparkly wedding shoes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I worked 10 hours this weekend. I worked 12 hour days most of the last 2 weeks. I'm tapped out.

I'm working from home today and let myself sleep until 8:30. I feel a bit guilty but not really. I'm working from my bed today. I opened my laptop, responded to some critical work emails, and am not knotting. I'll be back to work shortly but I'm having conflicted feelings of being a bad employee. That needs to go away.

DH always works from home but he doesn't start until 11 today. I've been trying to convince him that if he loved me he'd get me a huge fountain diet coke and a wedge of chocolate cake for breakfast. Asshole clearly doesn't love me enough!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I haven't had coffee yet so I don't have thoughts. But my family used my mom's fine china from her first wedding my while life. She only recently got rid of it. You don't have to give gifts back after a divorce so you should be expected to keep using them, right?

• Options
    My thoughts:

-I'm so glad I'm off work today. I got to sleep in this morning and now I'm cuddling with Loretta, one of our dogs, and drinking coffee.

-I'm going to Bed, Bath, & Beyond later to return a few things from the wedding for store credit then use that, gift cards, and our completion coupon to get the knife block we registered for aND a few serving platters.

-Then I'm going to Target to get the blender we wanted with a gift card we received.

-I also am doing laundry and cleaning tO'Day which makes me happy. Except for the fact our dryer is broken so I have to go to my dad's to dry our clothes

• Options
    -I'm on the amtrak after visiting My Nana again. It's an early train but at least I got a nap.time for caffeine though.

- my Nana is doing soooooooo much better then she was later weekend when I came out. She's home from the hospital and being all snarky and I'm so happy that she's getting back to her old self.

- I have homework I should be doing but reading 80 pages on how the 2nd edition of Websters was compiled, with ll the gritty details is a real snoozefest.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Monday thoughts:

-I'm super excited that some of the condo owners DH and I contacted for our honeymoon got back to us and we plan on booking our first choice location tonight.

- This week is going to be so busy. Everyone has scheduled meetings and I'm ready for it to be Friday evening already.

- I need to put thank you notes in the mail. Some of my family members mailed me birthday cheques. They are written, I just need to make it to the post office.
  • Options
    I haven't had coffee yet so I don't have thoughts. But my family used my mom's fine china from her first wedding my while life. She only recently got rid of it. You don't have to give gifts back after a divorce so you should be expected to keep using them, right?
    That was my thinking. Seriously, how could you not use this!?!? It's gorgeous! 

I have service for 12. Why let it collect dust?
  • Options
    I am still trying to come up with a new job description. And goals for my "promotion". And a strategy for our new marketing initiative.

All I want to do, though, is lay on the couch.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I am still trying to come up with a new job description. And goals for my "promotion". And a strategy for our new marketing initiative.

Can you think about these things while laying on the couch?

And hey, I missed the promotion news-- congrats!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options

Can you think about these things while laying on the couch?

And hey, I missed the promotion news-- congrats!!
    I could think about them, but I also need to research how other companies have implemented similar things and then look up some numbers for our online engagement and that of our competition. Way too much thinking for someone who got out of bed half an hour ago!

And thanks! It's not in the bag yet, but my boss really wants me to do it (they were originally going to hire someone new to do this but bossman wants to throw money at me to do it - like, he'd ideally love to boost my salary by around 20%). I have to come up with a solid strategy, pitch it to the big boss, and hope that she's on board. I know I'm going to have A LOT of resistance from the old-timers at our parent company because they're very anti-change.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    -I visited my parents' house the other day and got to play with Toot a lot.  I then found a bottle of bright blue Puppy Paint, (It's all natural non toxic and odor free polish designed for painting a dog's nails- its formulated so that there is no bad smell, and if they chew at it and ingest some by accident, it's harmless.) so I painted Toot's beak bright blue, and I keep cracking up every time I think about it.  She just looks so friggin cute with a blue beak.

-My little sister and FI's little sister are BFF's and already refer to each other as their sister in law.  Usually the two of them would volunteer to work with mom and I together, but today my sister was busy so just FI's sister volunteered to work with us today.  I'm happy our families are close enough that FI's sister is happy to hang out with mom and I even if my sister isn't there.  

-A few days ago I wrote up a blog post for my shop, and I'm excited because this person actually contacted me first asking if she could interview me as a featured seller, and it's a really high-traffic blog.  I'm still waiting for her to let me know when the feature will run, and I'm kinda nervous and excited to hear back.  I hope it'll bring more attention to the shop, but I'm also nervous because I HATE writing about myself, and even though I asked for a second opinion on my responses and proofread like 50 times I'm worried it'll sound forced or dumb still.  But that's kinda just the anxiety talking so I'm trying to ignore that.
  • Options
    My Monday thoughts:

1) I'm jealous of your trip Climbingwife! 

2) I hate that we have to work today. It's nice that we got 1.5 weeks off for the holidays, but having no other paid days off (excluding vacation/sick time) until Memorial Day is rough.

3) I'm so bummed about the Super Bowl. The battle of two teams I can't stand. I want some miracle to happen where they both lose.

• Options
    - I woke with my throat on fire and coughing.   

- I still have to work.  Boo.

I guess I don't have many thoughts this morning.

BTW -  my social groups always has enough food for a meal regardless of the time of day. Leaving hungry is never an option.   I would have made the same assumptions since, well, in my 40+ years of life it's always been that way.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

That's frigen amazing about the designer- it will come out so awesome!!

@falsara I'm glad your nana is doing better!!!

- I lived in AZ back when my Patriots came there for the Superbowl in '08. I had just graduated college and didn't have money so I obviously couldn't afford tickets. But I went to the set up at the stadium beforehand and it was really neat. So since my team made it last night, I was all like hmmmm maybe I should fly out and stay with friends for free and try to go to the game. Um, then I looked and tickets and start at $2,700. So that's a big fat nope. I mean I knew they'd be a lot....but didn't expect THAT much.

• Options
    - Bought new sheets yesterday and switched my comforter around to the other colour. And it's freaking me out. I've had tan sheets and a red blanket for 5ish years. Now its teal sheets and a brown blanket. Every time I walked by the bedroom I did a double take. Its weird.

-I'm supposed to have a doctors appt at 11. But I haven't heard back from the lab to say my tests were in. Which means when the doctors opens at 9 i'm going to have to call and cancel. And pay a 30$ cancelling fee for not giving 24 hours notice. Which I'm not sure how i'm supposed to give seeing as they are closed on the weekend. And their receptionist told me that my results would absolutely be back by today. So I'm a little frustrated there.

-FI is out of town next week for a couple days. He's going back to my home town and staying with my parents for 3-4 days. He has a very unfortunate tattoo from a previous engagement that we've been trying to zap off for the last 5 months. I've been pretty darn understanding giving the circumstances but I want that sucker gone and I'm a little miffed that because of it he gets to see my family more often than I do. Grawr.
  • Options
    Another thought: we're flying down to Florida for the weekend next months. It's H's step-grandma's 80th birthday party. MIL said she's so excited to introduce me to all her friends, because (IN HER WORDS) she's always bragging about how beautiful I am. It's sweet, and I know she means well. But this makes me so uncomfortable, and now I feel that there's this pressure on me to impress people. 

Also, someone dropped $3 on the floor Friday. We asked around who we thought it might be, but no claimed it. So, I left if out on the empty desk until someone came looking for it. The owner I don't like walked by and questioned me about it. Then he said, "Well, we don't want to leave cash out like this."  and then pocketed the $3. For real, dude? You are a trust fund baby with millions of dollars are your disposal. 
  • Options
    mrsdee15mrsdee15 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    - Today the office is closed so I thought it would be a good day to do a cleansing face mask.  I'd never used this one before and it's bubbling.  Bubbling all over my face.  Dog is looking at me like I'm surely something most foul.  

- I'm dying to get past a level on Alien: Isolation, and I'm wondering how to make the living room dark enough to play.  It makes me wish we had two xboxes so we could both play our one-person games.  Is that weird?

- We made tons of food for friends we had over to watch the games yesterday and I'm so excited to eat our leftovers: chili and teriyaki chicken and pineapple skewers.  However, I'm really considering just dipping corn chips into sour cream, which I used to do as a kid.  
    ETA:  Also, caffeine withdrawal headache.  Ouch.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not working today. This is the first time since I started an adult job that my company has given MLK day off. Yay!

My car went into the dealer this morning for its checkup and a full detail. It's expensive but I'm going to love having a clean car. 

I was supposed to go bride shoe shopping today but my BFF had to cancel. So now I have all day and I need to find something to do to make me feel productive.

And I'm trying to give FI space because I was supposed to be gone today and I think he was looking forward to some introvert-style alone time. And I understand completely because I'm a little looking forward to when he leaves for his guys time tonight. But it's hard when our place only has three rooms. Maybe I can invent some errands.
  • Options
    Another thought: we're flying down to Florida for the weekend next months. It's H's step-grandma's 80th birthday party. MIL said she's so excited to introduce me to all her friends, because (IN HER WORDS) she's always bragging about how beautiful I am. It's sweet, and I know she means well. But this makes me so uncomfortable, and now I feel that there's this pressure on me to impress people. 

Also, someone dropped $3 on the floor Friday. We asked around who we thought it might be, but no claimed it. So, I left if out on the empty desk until someone came looking for it. The owner I don't like walked by and questioned me about it. Then he said, "Well, we don't want to leave cash out like this."  and then pocketed the $3. For real, dude? You are a trust fund baby with millions of dollars are your disposal. 
    you know those sucker boxes that you pay 50 cents for 1 or a dollar for 3. well i was a dealership where the salesmen would take money out of the boxes or just take the suckers. luckily said guy got canned because he landed himself in jail on his 10th DUI (no idea how he was a salesman with a record like)
  • Options
    mrsk616 said:

you know those sucker boxes that you pay 50 cents for 1 or a dollar for 3. well i was a dealership where the salesmen would take money out of the boxes or just take the suckers. luckily said guy got canned because he landed himself in jail on his 10th DUI (no idea how he was a salesman with a record like)
    I had to re-read this about 3 times to figure out what you meant. Suckers = lollipops!

Feeling a bit dense.

Also, it's crazy that someone can sell cards with that many DUIs!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @mrsk616 - TEN DUIs?? How does he still have a license? I can't believe someone would rack up that many.  Cabs/Ubers/whatever are not more expensive than the safety of others on the road (and the driver), I can't stand when people do this.  Sad related story: when I interned with the District Attorney's Office I used to go watch felony arraignments every so often.  I remember one where a woman was on her fifth DUI, but this time she was going to jail because she hit and killed a grandmother and a toddler.  Horrible, horrible situation, I really wish there was something that could be done sooner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

My  thoughts:

I'm cursing those construction workers leaving my museum a mess. It took 6 hours to clean.

I'm thinking of just laying here for the rest of the day, maybe run errands soon.

I'm also thinking my hair stylist should work on the weekends just for me. Since I'm special ha.

• Options
    One more thought:
    My lab results came in and I managed to get to my appt in time.

Turns out I've been over-medicated and that's why I've felt like shit for the last month. In the fall I felt like my levels were out on my thryoid medication. Since there's a massive doctors shortage in town I had to go to the ER to get checked out. The ER guy said that my levels were out, but not by a whole lot but prescribed me a new level that increased my dosage by .25. 

All of December and beginning of January I've felt like complete crap. Anxiety, trouble sleeping, complete and utter exhaustion and hot flashes. Finally get a regular doctor who is willing to see me and he sends me for a battery of tests and turns out that the level the ER doctor gave me is WAYYYY to much and that there is actually a dosage level in between what I was taking and what he gave me. So even though he said my levels were only off 'by a bit' he raised me two levels in the dosage!! 

Im so grumpy right now that the last two months of feeling like poop could have easily been avoided. 
  • Options

-I visited my parents' house the other day and got to play with Toot a lot.  I then found a bottle of bright blue Puppy Paint, (It's all natural non toxic and odor free polish designed for painting a dog's nails- its formulated so that there is no bad smell, and if they chew at it and ingest some by accident, it's harmless.) so I painted Toot's beak bright blue, and I keep cracking up every time I think about it.  She just looks so friggin cute with a blue beak.

Can we have pictures of this cuteness please??

image   image   image

• Options
    mrsk616 said:

I had to re-read this about 3 times to figure out what you meant. Suckers = lollipops!

Feeling a bit dense.

Also, it's crazy that someone can sell cards with that many DUIs!
    trust me i am shocked too. that guy was the creepiest guy i have ever worked with. glad i am out of that dealership
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards