Chit Chat
Options

That Sugar Video

So that Sugar video by Maroon 5 came out and everyone was like, "HOW EXCITING for these brides!!!" It recently came out that it's fake and I can say I am not surprised in the least. I feel like most brides would be kinda upset (at least at first) to have something so major happen in the midst of their carefully planned wedding. 

But maybe I'm a stick in the mud! If Maroon 5 crashed your wedding would you be into it? Or do you also think it was clearly fake? 

Re: That Sugar Video

• Options
    It was fully fake? As in the brides and grooms are actors?

I figured it couldn't have been a complete shock, if the B&G were real people, because of the amount of time and obstruction in setting up all that stuff.  But for Maroon 5 to pretend that they really surprised couples on their wedding day is both stupid and deceptive. 

• Options
    Enh. I like some Maroon 5, but I probably wouldn't be super stoked if they crashed my wedding.

Now, crashing a bachelorette party and naked I would take. And by take I mean pictures. For reference.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Just dropping in to say that now I have this song stuck in my head. I'm OK with this.

• Options
    Was it actually fake? I heard that only the grooms were in on it?

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    They were all actors. One of the "brides" was an old ANTM contestant, for example.

I would be pissed if Maroon 5 showed up at my wedding. As I stated in the other thread about this, Adam Levine is an unrepentant twatwaffle.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amelisha said:
    They were all actors. One of the "brides" was an old ANTM contestant, for example.

I would be pissed if Maroon 5 showed up at my wedding. As I stated in the other thread about this, Adam Levine is an unrepentant twatwaffle.
    Really?  Why?  Like on the level of Lance Armstrong or John Mayer?

I wouldn't care, it would be fun!

So were all those birthday parties that Katy Perry crashed fake as well?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Obviously, this is just my opinion, but he's terrible. Every interview with him I've ever seen or read has made me want to punch something. Everything that comes out of his mouth upsets me far beyond what would be reasonable.

John Mayer is, at least, a talented guitarist (his trio stuff, for example...legit blues.) He's still by all accounts pretty douchey but at least he's kind of talented if we ignore "Wonderland" et al. Adam Levine's music has no redeeming qualities I can distinguish.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would be pissed. I don't really like Maroon 5. I still have not watched the video, and just heard a bit about it, but I figured it had to be fake to an extent. I thought that the B&G were in on it. I didn't know they were all actors. That's lame.

Now, if an artist I truly loved, like Justin Timberlake, or Billy Joel crashed my wedding, I would be THRILLED. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    amelisha said:

I've heard he's a total douchebag.

Those cut lines tho.

Pictures don't talk.

Anniversary
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    I would be pissed. I don't really like Maroon 5. I still have not watched the video, and just heard a bit about it, but I figured it had to be fake to an extent. I thought that the B&G were in on it. I didn't know they were all actors. That's lame.

Now, if an artist I truly loved, like Justin Timberlake, or Billy Joel crashed my wedding, I would be THRILLED. 
    I would totally have a do-over wedding if there was any chance Billy Joel would crash it.

• Options
    I would be pissed if anyone crashed my wedding (this also includes the recent events of "The Bachelor" Monday night if anyone watched!!) 

Unpopular opinion but Adam Levine seems like a douche and I would kick him out.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    FI and I watched the video and agreed if anyone but Garth Brooks crashed our wedding we would stand there like uhhh who invited these guys? 

Is it really fake? That makes it even worse... because it was posted around like OMG MAROON 5 IS SO AWESOME AND CRASHED THESE WEDDINGS AND MADE THESE BRIDE'S LIVES COMPLETE. And then it isn't even real? Booooo you whore.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This was the article I read about it being fake:

I know tcnoble, that's what really bothered me! Everyone was like WOW LOOK HOW SPECIAL THIS IS AND SWEET!! And I was thinking crashing weddings for a publicity stunt is not sweet. A wedding is a special thing for the bride and groom, not something you should co-opt for a music video. 
  • Options
    I didn't realize people were thinking it was real. I assumed everyone knew it was fake. Hint- if everyone at all the weddings is very attractive, it is probably fake.

• Options
    I have no opinion of Maroon 5, but I would be so pissed of ANY group of people crashed my wedding. Including the president trying to play golf.

Why would a music group show up to a wedding and assume everyone wants to hear them play? (I did not read any news stories about this)

image   image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards