Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Eloping...where would be easy to legal wise?

My BF and I want to elope for our wedding (second for both of us). We want it to be on a beach with white sand and turquoise water. We want it to be a wedding/honeymoon, so preferably a resort. What country or place would be easy to plan and get to? (we are in TX). Also, I am concerned about the legal aspect, as I heard in Jamaica it takes 2-3 months to get your marriage license back, and in Mexico you have to be there for 4 business days before the wedding. So we want somewhere beautiful but easy legal wise. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks! 

Re: Eloping...where would be easy to legal wise?

• Options
    We got married in Mexico, and it was actually pretty easy because our resort coordinated everything for us.  We had to be there three business days in advance (but we were already planning to do that anyway, so that didn't matter), and they did the blood tests onsite.  

Otherwise, if you want to completely avoid anything like that, I would suggest Hawaii.  
  • Options

My sister got married in Aruba and it sounded really simple. She went to the courthouse the day of her wedding, got the certificate and I and the best man signed it at the ceremony. I know she had to do some paperwork before the wedding, but she had a wedding planner that took care of that for her before she got her certificate.

I would see if you can hire someone to help with all that kind of stuff.

• Options
    My BF and I want to elope for our wedding (second for both of us). We want it to be on a beach with white sand and turquoise water. We want it to be a wedding/honeymoon, so preferably a resort. What country or place would be easy to plan and get to? (we are in TX). Also, I am concerned about the legal aspect, as I heard in Jamaica it takes 2-3 months to get your marriage license back, and in Mexico you have to be there for 4 business days before the wedding. So we want somewhere beautiful but easy legal wise. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks! 
    We did Hawaii, so no residency, blood tests or language translation of documents.  It did take us 2 months to get the certificate though (through the mail).  I think we could have paid to expedite it.  Is there a reason you need/want the certificate earlier/sooner??

• Options
    Thanks all! I just don't want to wait 2-4 months for a certificate due to us probably going on the same insurance (need certificate for that and name change). I was thinking Key West is another good location I found as there is no waiting period and its a port of call on a cruise. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards