Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

So much stress, I'm breaking out like crazy!

Please help me; I've tried facials, natural remedies, and I wash my face regularly. I am a redhead so I have very sensitive skin, but I've never had a problem with acne (NOT EVEN IN HIGH SCHOOL). I am so nervous this stress activated acne will ruin my big day. If anyone has any ideas I'd love you for the possible solutions!

Re: So much stress, I'm breaking out like crazy!

• Have you tried a toner? I love this one. 

You wipe it on with a cotton ball every morning and every night - it always amazes me how much dirt/makeup comes off, even after washing my face. Plus it has a small percentage of salicylic acid in it, which is a good acne-fighting medicine. Try using it twice a day, and if it starts to dry out your skin (happens to me in the winter), cut back to just once a day. 
    --

• I have tried toner once before and it did dry out my skin a little, but I'd be open to try it out again
  • Everyone's skin is different and reacts to different things. I recommend a dermatologist. Aside from that, you might want to try more than just stuff on your face. I've noticed my face is clearer when I drink a TON of water and not much dairy. I don't eat a lot of greasy foods either. I wash my pillowcase at least twice a week and I noticed a reduction in breakouts when I started that (I sleep on my side).
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I've never thought of those things before. That is such a great idea!!!
  • Check out Mario Badescu products at Ulta or online, they are great for sensitive skin. Also like PP said a toner helps a lot.
  • Definitely see a dermatologist. 

However, I've found that if I reduce or cut out sugar in my diet I have a lot less flare ups. I think there's some research showing that sugar can affect some people's hormone levels. So before the wedding I cut out all cookies, cakes, candies, etc. and stuck to fruit if I was dying for something sweet. Super hard to do for me, I have quite the sweet tooth. But my skin looked so much better for the wedding. (Looked great in my swimsuit on the honeymoon as a result too!) Everyone's different though. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards