Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bridesmaid Shoes

2»

Re: Bridesmaid Shoes

• Options
    You want everyone to wear flats because you're short. And WHAT IF THEY ARE TALLER THAN YOU IN PICTURES???!?!?!?!?!? Someone call the police!!!

Seriously though. Can you even remember the shoes a bridal party wore at the last wedding you went to? I can't. I have no idea from any wedding I've ever been to. This so doesn't matter at all, it's barely even worth dictating a color. But if you want to tell them "any black shoe" or "any nude shoe", that's fine. 

As for the necklace, I would never wear a chunky/bubble teal necklace again. I get that's it's only $5, but it's the principle that you're supposed to provide this if you require it. FTR, I also cannot remember the bridal party's jewelry at any wedding I've ever been to. Also something that doesn't matter.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    I just want to say that it's not always super unreasonable to request flats. I'm the MOH in a June wedding and we all have to wear flats including the bride because it's on a golf course which doesn't allow heels (would ruin the turf). So yea, I hate flats and sandals and think they make me look stumpy and stupid with a knee length dress, but I have to wear them. (She is buying them & I plan to change into my own for the indoor reception- is that rude to not wear the ones she buys for the whole night?)
    There is a big difference between requesting flats because you don't want people to be taller then you vs. when a venue has a specific requirement regarding shoes on a certain surface.

And no, I don't think it would be rude to change into your own shoes for the reception.  The only reason you aren't wearing your chosen shoe for the ceremony is because of a venue requirement. And I really doubt the bride will even notice that you changed shoes.

• Options
    You want everyone to wear flats because you're short. And WHAT IF THEY ARE TALLER THAN YOU IN PICTURES???!?!?!?!?!? Someone call the police!!!
    Oh, so tired of the TK sarcastic bitchiness. Sorry that this is my first rodeo as a bride, so I don't really know what to expect.

ANYWAY. I plan on just having them pick any nude shoe and finding some jewelry for my MOH. My mom is making bracelets for all the girls as a WP gift (sterling silver chain bracelet with bow, "thank you for helping me tie the knot" kind of thing).
  • Options
    Oh, so tired of the TK sarcastic bitchiness. Sorry that this is my first rodeo as a bride, so I don't really know what to expect.

ANYWAY. I plan on just having them pick any nude shoe and finding some jewelry for my MOH. My mom is making bracelets for all the girls as a WP gift (sterling silver chain bracelet with bow, "thank you for helping me tie the knot" kind of thing).
    Anything that you are requiring them to wear at your wedding can't really be considered a gift. So just make sure to buy them each something that is geared towards each person specifically that has zero to do with your wedding.  By all means still give them the bracelets but don't let that be the only gift.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Anything that you are requiring them to wear at your wedding can't really be considered a gift. So just make sure to buy them each something that is geared towards each person specifically that has zero to do with your wedding.  By all means still give them the bracelets but don't let that be the only gift.
    I was planning on getting them more gifts anyway, but I didn't know that. Good to know!
    Is there a typical price range I'm supposed to stay in? I know the gifts are supposed to be personalized.
  • Options
    I was planning on getting them more gifts anyway, but I didn't know that. Good to know!
    Is there a typical price range I'm supposed to stay in? I know the gifts are supposed to be personalized.
    Price range is really up to you and what you can afford.

I spent I think about $150 or so on my BMs but I only had two to buy for.  If I had more my budget for each person would have been less.

• Options

Just put the money towards her present.  She probably doesn't want jewelry picked out for her.  And, that means you're buying her jewelry for the day but not the other bridesmaids.  
  • Options

Just put the money towards her present.  She probably doesn't want jewelry picked out for her.  And, that means you're buying her jewelry for the day but not the other bridesmaids.  
    She and I discussed setting her apart as the MOH from the other girls and we'd talked about having her wear a necklace. We're picking it out together and I'm buying it. The other girls are fine with it.
  • Options

For many, many, many posters on this wedding website it's their first wedding. Shocking, I know... Posts like that are just to lighten the load a bit. I swear to you, once the wedding is over, you will look back on stuff and say "why the hell did I care about that". Hence, posters trying to get brides to realize this before they make those mistakes. Anyway....

I like your plan for just telling them "any nude shoe". 
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards