Wedding Party

4th of July wedding help! (XP)

Each bridesmaid is wearing either red or blue, pin-up curls, red lipstick, etc. (they're all excited). My fiance is wearing his green Alphas. His best man and other groomsman don't want to wear their uniforms. So fiance suggested they wear slacks, a button-down, and suspenders or vest. They don't want to wear that either (even after we offered to buy the clothes thinking it was a money issue!). These men are his 2 best friends, went through deployments together and whatnot. I'm afraid that they're going to bail on him, considering they've bailed on every BBQ and get-together that we've had. I honestly don't see either of them driving 12 hours 1-way to make it to the wedding when they didn't drive 15 minutes to our house. Any suggestions on what to do here? I don't want him to be disappointed if they don't show (it really means alot to him to have them there), and if they do come, how can I have him tell them what to wear without ruining their friendship?!! I personally don't care what they wear as long as it's not shorts and a tank top! I want everyone to be comfortable, but also dressed appropriately for a wedding.

Re: 4th of July wedding help! (XP)

• Each bridesmaid is wearing either red or blue, pin-up curls, red lipstick, etc. (they're all excited). My fiance is wearing his green Alphas. His best man and other groomsman don't want to wear their uniforms. So fiance suggested they wear slacks, a button-down, and suspenders or vest. They don't want to wear that either (even after we offered to buy the clothes thinking it was a money issue!). These men are his 2 best friends, went through deployments together and whatnot. I'm afraid that they're going to bail on him, considering they've bailed on every BBQ and get-together that we've had. I honestly don't see either of them driving 12 hours 1-way to make it to the wedding when they didn't drive 15 minutes to our house. Any suggestions on what to do here? I don't want him to be disappointed if they don't show (it really means alot to him to have them there), and if they do come, how can I have him tell them what to wear without ruining their friendship?!! I personally don't care what they wear as long as it's not shorts and a tank top! I want everyone to be comfortable, but also dressed appropriately for a wedding.
    I think your FI needs to deal with them. Not you. You need to be supportive of your FI should his friends show up or back out.

novella1186PrettyGirlLost
  • Sounds like your Fi needs to talk to his friends about issues not related to the wedding.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    doeydo
  • Each bridesmaid is wearing either red or blue, pin-up curls, red lipstick, etc. (they're all excited). My fiance is wearing his green Alphas. His best man and other groomsman don't want to wear their uniforms. So fiance suggested they wear slacks, a button-down, and suspenders or vest. They don't want to wear that either (even after we offered to buy the clothes thinking it was a money issue!). These men are his 2 best friends, went through deployments together and whatnot. I'm afraid that they're going to bail on him, considering they've bailed on every BBQ and get-together that we've had. I honestly don't see either of them driving 12 hours 1-way to make it to the wedding when they didn't drive 15 minutes to our house. Any suggestions on what to do here? I don't want him to be disappointed if they don't show (it really means alot to him to have them there), and if they do come, how can I have him tell them what to wear without ruining their friendship?!! I personally don't care what they wear as long as it's not shorts and a tank top! I want everyone to be comfortable, but also dressed appropriately for a wedding.
    I think your FI needs to deal with them. Not you. You need to be supportive of your FI should his friends show up or back out.

This.

Also, why not ask them what they would like to wear, and then have them wear that?

novella1186
  • Just because they don't want to wear vests and suspenders doesn't mean they're at risk of no-showing the day of the wedding. 

Why doesn't your FI (not you) ask them what they'd feel comfortable wearing. If you're cool with it, go with it. If not, make adjustments as needed. 
    *********************************************************************************

PrettyGirlLost
  • This is your FI's issue.   He should ask them what they're comfortable wearing.   That they didn't come to your house for events is a separate issue and he should handle it like one. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards