July 2015 Weddings

Where is everyone with their wedding planning??

Our date is 7/31/15 and we have most of the big stuff out of the way: venue, music, dress, florist, photographer etc 

I even already bought some things off Etsy too: our champagne flutes, ring bearer pillow and mr. and mrs. chair signs. I want to keep going, but I figured I should hold off a bit. I even know which invitations I want!

Re: Where is everyone with their wedding planning??

• I feel like I'm behind, but always unsure what I should do next! Our wedding is 7/10/15 (got engaged in November so time is flying). So far I have the venue (ceremony and reception and hotel room block), officiant (haven't actually met him yet), hair and makeup people (no trial yet), and photographer. My guests got their save the dates this week and hopefully they will look at my website as it holds important information for them (and cats, also important!
  • Our wedding is going to be simple; 5 minute ceremony and BBQ/bonfire at my aunt and uncle's country home. I'm not wearing a dress or makeup and we are wearing normal clothes and not having rings. Various family members/friends offered to officiate, be photographer, provide music and help BBQ food. So besides making and sending invitations we don't have anything to do (except get marriage license and buy food, drinks, charcoal and firewood, neither of which we can do until right before the big day anyway)

• edited February 2015

We got engaged in Dec of 2014 and the wedding is July 2015 so it's very whirlwind! But I love it.

We have a venue, church, dress, hair and makeup people.... We have yet to nail down a caterer! Which makes me nervous... Our venue has select ones, but it's a fairly big list. We just need to sit down one day, decide what we want to ask the various ones we like the looks of, and get it done! They will all be delicious so it's really just about the price points at this point.

We know what we're doing for our honeymoon but have yet to book it!  STDates are out, invites are being designed atm.

• @soontobemrshamilton and oh my gosh I've been stalking etsy for cake toppers lately!!!
  • We got engaged in Dec of 2014 and the wedding is July 2015 so it's very whirlwind! But I love it.

We have a venue, church, dress, hair and makeup people.... We have yet to nail down a caterer! Which makes me nervous... Our venue has select ones, but it's a fairly big list. We just need to sit down one day, decide what we want to ask the various ones we like the looks of, and get it done! They will all be delicious so it's really just about the price points at this point.

We know what we're doing for our honeymoon but have yet to book it!  STDates are out, invites are being designed atm.

I'm in the same boat, @happybridetobe1987. We got engaged on Christmas Eve and have really just gotten into the thick of planning for our July 25th wedding.

So far we've got the venue, officiant, photographer, and DOC. I'm about to book rentals this weekend and are doing our first tasting Saturday. Save the Dates go out early next week (just waiting for the rubber stamp that the FI designed to be ready for pickup).

I'm getting a little anxious.
  • @Knottie56211422 yay congrats!! "Short"-engagement twins!

I'm getting a bit anxious too. It seems like time is both flying and standing still simultaneously. We still haven't booked a caterer...FI keeps saying "we'll get it done in time". lol I want it done now!

• We pretty much have everything done for our 7/24 wedding. I have a ton of stuff to paint, though. Our main color is dark purple and trying to find items in that color has proven to be a pain in the ass.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm way behind. We have a DJ and the venue, we're still nailing down the guest list (yikes) and I'm meeting with the florist in two weeks. 

@Knottie56211422 yay congrats!! "Short"-engagement twins!

I'm getting a bit anxious too. It seems like time is both flying and standing still simultaneously. We still haven't booked a caterer...FI keeps saying "we'll get it done in time". lol I want it done now!

That sounds like my FI lol...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @yankeefaniniowa: I love your siggy pic! It is an accurate depiction of wedding planning lol.
  • edited February 2015
    dianaeatworld said: @yankeefaniniowa: I love your siggy pic! It is an accurate depiction of wedding planning lol.

It is awesome although
    lately I feel like mine should be just nothing but mountains and valleys between "meltdown" and "unexplainable wedding zen."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @yankeefaniniowa: I love your siggy pic! It is an accurate depiction of wedding planning lol.

It is awesome although lately I feel like mine should be just nothing but mountains and valleys between "meltdown" and "unexplainable wedding zen."
    I feel like I've been on the top of the mountain for the past month lol. How much longer until that "explainable wedding zen?"
  • KatieEmilyCKatieEmilyC member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2015
    I have the same date, July 25th, as one of you ladies! :)

We got engaged almost a month ago and we have most of the big things done. We have save the dates out, invitations, a florist, a photographer, wedding and reception venue, officiant, my dress, my going away dress, my shoes, my girl's dresses picked out, the dj, my fiance's suit bought, finished all of our registries, our honeymoon,our favors(CD's that look like vinyl records that we'll burn with songs pertaining to us), and vintage suitcases for our card box and to hold our favors. 

We were lucky to get many things on the first try, including my dress :)

I have gone crazy a few times, mostly because our internet has been a little sketchy. I attribute my sanity to my wonderful fiance, good music, and running. 

Below are my two suitcases, our venue, and my dress except I got it in ivory.

• Our wedding is July 25, 2015.  We have all of our vendors and venues (we are doing two ceremonies in a day).  We have already gotten our wedding day timeline put together.  The only things we have left are to send out the invitations, order favors and set up brunch for the next day at the hotel.
  • Hmmm... I'm starting to feel way behind!  July 5th wedding here.  I'm just meeting with the florist tonight and I still need wedding day transportation!  Invites, favors, wedding night hotel and a bunch of odds and ends are left.

• We are getting married July 11! 

We have pretty much everything taken care of and on schedule, except the cake...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • W'ere getting married July 4th. We have everything done except my dress and the ceremony. I need to jump on finishing the dress since it's 56 days away!! Eek! Finished the invitations yesterday and they'll be in the mail on Monday. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards