Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Tux's and Black by Vera Wang

First off I am the future husband posting, so be gentle. We are beginning to look at Tux's and I would be purchasing my own Tux. We went to Men's warehouse and I looked at the Black by Vera Wang, to me is seems more like a suit then a Tux maybe I am incorrect? I have rented Tux's in the past from there for other weddings and I have never been happy with the fit, but I am not sure if that's because of the Tux that was picked or the tailoring of the Tux. I would consider purchasing the Black by Vera Wang from Men's Warehouse also.

What has your experience been with the Black by Vera Wang Collection, is it made in the USA as well I couldn't tell for sure.

Thanks

Re: Tux's and Black by Vera Wang

• Options

They are "trendy" and not traditional tuxes. If you are going to invest in a tux, I would suggest sticking with a more traditional that can stand the test of time. Adn tuxes should be black not grey like some of the Vera Wang ones.

Try Jos A Banks. They have really good sales.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First off I am the future husband posting, so be gentle. We are beginning to look at Tux's and I would be purchasing my own Tux. We went to Men's warehouse and I looked at the Black by Vera Wang, to me is seems more like a suit then a Tux maybe I am incorrect? I have rented Tux's in the past from there for other weddings and I have never been happy with the fit, but I am not sure if that's because of the Tux that was picked or the tailoring of the Tux. I would consider purchasing the Black by Vera Wang from Men's Warehouse also.

What has your experience been with the Black by Vera Wang Collection, is it made in the USA as well I couldn't tell for sure.

Thanks

I'm not sure if they're made the US or not... You could probably call Men's Warehouse and ask them to check the tag for you to be sure.

I'm not a fan of the Vera Wang Black line at all. If it's the one I'm thinking of, the lapel isn't satin, it's like a woven fabric that makes it not look like a tux. And they're super expensive to rent. 

Our GMs bought suits. It was approximately the same price as renting a tux and they get to keep it. We just told them any black shoe was fine. We waited for a sale at Macy's and then sent them coupon codes. They were something like $600 suits for $225. The guys seemed pretty grateful.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    You are correct that Vera Wang's Black line does not properly qualify as a tuxedo. They are definitely suits since they lack the satin stripe and lapels. They seem to fit best on slim men. But if you want a tuxedo you do need to go with a different designer.

Rental tuxes rarely fit well IMO. It's just not possible to get them altered properly. It would put rental companies at a loss to actually fully tailor them for every customer. If you know you're going to wear a tuxedo for events beyond just your wedding, it will be best to purchase and have it tailored by a professional.
  • Options
    You can still find powder blue polyester "tuxedos" for sale on eBay.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    My DH rented a Vera Wang Tux. He was looking for more of a suit look anyways and he wasn't happy with the quality of the other suits they had for rent. It was a lot more expensive to rent the Vera Wang, but he was happy with them. He complained about rentals not fitting as well so he had to be very adamant with the store about adjusting the tux for him when he picked it up. They were really great and it fit him very well.
  • Options
    My husband also rented the Vera Wang tux from Men's Warehouse. He also was thinking of buying instead of renting. But he really liked the Vera Wang tux. It fit him so well and renting it just made more sense.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards