Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Best Style Bridesmaids Dresses for Long Wedding Dress

Hi all! So I recently purchased my wedding dress, and am now on to picking out the bridesmaids dresses! My dress is lace with long sleeves and falls off the shoulders (so it has a higher neckline, but runs parallel with my shoulders..if that makes sense)

I was curious on thoughts of if people pick out bridesmaids dresses to are similar to the style of a wedding dress, or not. There are some lace dresses for the bridesmaids that I like, but don't know if it'll be too much lace. Or since I have sleeves, if I picked out strapless dresses, would it stand out? I'm not even sure if this is even a normal thought when picking out bridesmaid dresses, but figured I'd throw out the question!

Re: Best Style Bridesmaids Dresses for Long Wedding Dress

• Options
    They do not need to match in details, they do need to be compatible in feel.

If you are in lace with a soft flowing line, their dresses need that romantic feeling too. If your's is particularly summery, then even though you have sleeves they can go with sleeveless or short or 3/4 sleeves but not long. A wintery lace dress for you, no sleeveless or bare top dresses.

In other words don't worry about matchymatchy, just don't clash. If you want them in bright shiny satin it must be a very elegant style, movie stars of old type glamorous dresses are rich enough to go with lace. But a short bare shiny dress usually looks like a bar girl stumbled in to the palace next to bridal lace.

Georgette,crepe, chiffon and soft dull satins look particularly nice with lace because they are soft and flowing, never hard edged designs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards