Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Need opinions on hair trial...should I fix anything?

I did my hair and makeup trial last week and initially was thrilled with the results (I'm doing a destination wedding, so this was with a brand new stylist I'd never worked with before). However, after reviewing the photos the stylist took, I'm not 100% in love with my hair anymore. I think the profile view is beautiful, but I'm worried that the back looks a little too "prom-ish". I'm also concerned that in the front, the hair is too flat against my head on the side opposite my bangs (which didn't bother me in person too much, but is bugging me in the photos).Please keep in mind I'll be coloring my hair before the wedding, so the underside of the updo will match the color on the rest of my head and won't be so dark. 

Since it's a destination wedding, I won't see the stylist again until our wedding day. Should I make any changes for my wedding day, or am I ready too much into iPhone photos in unflattering lighting?

imageimage

Re: Need opinions on hair trial...should I fix anything?

• I think it looks beautiful! The profile and back look great, but I agree about it looking "flat" from the front. I would ask for a bit more volume at the roots and that should fix things.
  • I am not sure what makes an updo a "prom updo."

I think it looks great.  Maybe a touch more volume on the top would help but that is very minor and can be adjusted the day of.  Are you adding a hair accessory or veil?

• Agree w PP's, a little more volume in the front but otherwise, beautiful! I don't think it looks "prommy" at all.  I think of "tight bun and too much hairspray" when I think of "prom," your style looks loose and natural and not hair sprayed to your head at all.
  • Agree w PP's, a little more volume in the front but otherwise, beautiful! I don't think it looks "prommy" at all.  I think of "tight bun and too much hairspray" when I think of "prom," your style looks loose and natural and not hair sprayed to your head at all.
    Or lots of tendrils and some glitter spray.

• The back doesn't look promy at all. I think it's beautiful and it's a style that will hold all day and you'll be comfortable too. I also agree that it looks a little flat. If she can add a little bump/puff to the back top part of your head, I think you'll love how you look in photos. If you have a local stylist, see if she can do a similar look to this but with a little more body at the top part but so you don't have to pay her for an updo, just do a ponytail & take photos. Then when you go to this other stylist you can say, I love everything you did, but you you make the top part look more like this & and have the photo from what your stylist did. That will help the other stylist know exactley what you are talking about.

• Oh man, I love this! I agree with having a little more volume on the side opposite your bangs and maybe overall, but the style itself is beautiful. I really like the back and profile views. 
  • Love your hair.  As others have said, a little more volume and you are golden! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards