Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday

2»

Re: Monday

• Options
    @lmcooper86 - I love the last picture!!
  • Options
    @LaPeanut1018 - Of course! I am working on the gallery wall over the couch, and I have the opposite wall saved for wedding photos :) I put this really awesome wood & metal "LOVE" sign on the registry at BBB (it's not online, unfortunately) that I would like to put on that wall too. I can't wait to be all decorated!

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @LaPeanut1018 - H just texted me and said he's working normal hours today but then they're closing tomorrow so he'll get to go home and take care of the babies and the house! I'm relieved but jealous!

@lmcooper86 - Awesome! I use my crockpot at least once a week, I love it so much. That's kind of random/awkward. I don't get embarrassed easily and I got lingerie from my mom and aunts at my shower and was ok with it but if it was someone I didn't know very well I'd probably turn beet red and move on quickly!

• Options
    @lmcooper86 those dish gloves go so well with the ribbon bonnet and bra! 
  • Options
    @lmcooper86 - I've seen a lot of rugs at Target that I really like, so you're smart to wait! I love a lot of their stuff, so I hope you can find good deals, although I'm really sad for you that they're closing up there :( 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options

Good morning everyone! The weather was fabulous all weekend, and today is nice, although foggy. I'm so glad I'm back to my old self. I read all of the posts on Friday but didn't want to post anything that I might regret later, haha. I was just down on myself and life. This has been the worst experience with mood swings I've ever had, honestly. But I'm back on my pill and happy, yay!

Although, not excited for my LEEP procedure on Wednesday. I took the entire day off of work, even though I have an afternoon appointment. I just might take a bath and relax all morning.

Awww, @GoldenPenguin.... Take care of yourself lady! I'm sorry about your head. If it makes you feel any better, I was playing with my dog on Saturday and ran my hip bone straight into a doorknob. I don't have a bruise you can see, but I obviously bruised the bone. And the worst part was I immediately fell to the floor into the fetal position to regain composure, and my dog decided it was the perfect time to sniff my ass. Thanks dog. Ended up simultaneously laughing and crying.

• Options
    Hi everyone!

@TwoDimes‌ yayyyyyy dress shopping! Anything in particular you are dying to try on?

@Swazzle‌ that is pretty classy of your company to put you up for the night at a hotel. Although I'm sure it's not fun to be away from your pretty house and H and furbabies.

@Dignity100‌ crossing all the things that you get an extended vacation!

My Monday contributions:

I'm in Central MD like a couple others and enjoying the pretty scenery so far. It's not too awful where I am yet, but we'll see about my drive home. At least it's at 3:30 so I'll be out early ish.

I had a nice weekend - got out, saw people, did things. HOWEVER, when I got home last night, I found that my mom and brothers spontaneously adopted a puppy during the day! Um, thanks for the heads up, people I have to live with for another month! The puppy is very cute and sweet, but my family, particularly my mom, has a horrible track record of actually training their animals, and my mom actually gave up a puppy she adopted last year around this time. Ugh. This is gonna be interesting.

This is my last week of orientation at the job from hell. I just found out on Friday that I'm not even going to the unit I was told I'd be going to, a nice stable stepdown unit. Instead, my permanent unit is apparently REALLY bad with some very violent unpredictable patients. I'm so irritated and ready to quit. At least I finally got paid, though!

I cannot stop coughing. I've been sucking down Robitussin and hot tea for a week and constantly popping cough drops. Nothing helps. My throat is killing me. :(
  • Options
    @lmcooper86 LOL at your sister buying you the apron! That's so funny. I love the ribbon clothing too. Looks like a really fun shower!

@GoldenPenguin Keep an eye on that concussion! A coworker did that last year, and her concussion was so bad that all she could do was lay in bed for weeks in low light. :-\

@CocoBellaF Way to go on working out this morning! I always lose the fight with the pillow for morning workouts, so kudos for getting up and sweating! Enjoy your massage tonight--- you definitely deserve it.

@Swazzle Snowed in hotel party tonight! Woohoo!

@southernpeach89 Aw, I'm sorry you weren't able to do your 5k this weekend. I'm glad you're feeling better!

@LaPeanut1018 Wow, you are superwoman! I'm glad you got all of the wallpaper down, and I hope the rest of the wall repair work goes just as smoothly for you.

@TwoDimes I'm glad you enjoyed the rodeo! 

@Dignity100 Crossing all appendages that you guys get to stay at WDW longer. :)

I'm super late to the thread this morning. I had another post-op appointment with the ENT this morning, and he said my allergies are causing some problems. He gave me permission to start my nasal spray meds again for allergies, and he thinks once I get my allergies under control I won't have to see him anymore. My next appointment is in April, so fingers crossed it's one of the last ones. :)

Thanks again for all the T&P for my mom. I saw her yesterday, and she said she was feeling a lot better. I think she'll make an appointment with a doctor based on how well she does this week. She's had asthma issues her whole life, and she's been on every kind of inhaler you can imagine. I think she's gotten to the point where she's tired of continuously treating it. Personally, I think she needs daily breathing treatments, but we'll see what happens.

Anywho, this weekend was really low key. Friday night we went to a friend's new apartment and watched The Road to El Dorado on Netflix and ate yummy Freebirds. I love how their normal burritos are about 600 calories, even with queso. Om nom nom. Saturday we vegged most of the day and then had some friends over for spaghetti and Star Wars. FI got a Star Wars mini fig game for Christmas, and he's been dying to play it ever since. It ended up being a nice, low key night with some alcohol and junk food. Sunday we went to a late lunch with my family to celebrate all of the January birthdays (there were 5! My aunt, my cousin's boyfriend, FI, my grandmother, and my little brother), and then FI and I went to the store and did some chores around the apartment afterwards. My stomach was regretting all of the poor decisions I'd made food-wise over the weekend, so I was on the couch drinking tea and trying to get the acid reflux to stop most of last night. 

Tonight I'm going to double up on PiYo workouts (yesterday's and today's), and then we're going to make breakfast for dinner. We're also going to prep some chicken for a crock pot meal tomorrow... I found THIS recipe and am really excited to try it. I know we always talk recipes, but I think everyone should post their favorite crock pot recipes. FI and I are trying to use our crock pot more, and we're on the lookout for good tried and true recipes.

I don't want to mention the weather today since all of you are dealing with blizzards... let's just say it's the exact opposite in Texas. :-P

• Options
    @CLoGreenEyes - Holy shit, they paid you? Did they pay you EVERYTHING they owed you? Sonsabitches.

• Options
    UGH. Diagnosis: viral gastroenteritis. Stomach flu. No work for the next three days. Y-Yay?

So basically: I'm dramatically ill, I'm at someone else's house dog/birdsitting, we're getting a blizzard, and on top of it all, just to put icing on the !@#$-cake, the bird bit the crap out of my arm. It's a macaw. That's a big beak.

Sorry about this. I just needed to vent.

@Dignity100 MY FAVORITE PLACE! I want your life right now.
  • Options
    lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited January 2015

@CocoBellaF and @speakeasy14 - Yeah, my BM insisted I wear them...I resisted but she doesn't take no for an answer (in the best way possible). I love her to pieces!

@Swazzle - It's obvious when I'm even the slightest bit embarrassed, my chest and face go red. If I had opened that in front of FI's aunts and all the ladies from the church I would have been as red as the underwear. This girl is super random and FI thought it was super weird too. I'm glad it wasn't just me! And yes, the crockpot is going to be my best friend on Sundays since we're out so much of the day. No more last minute figuring out dinner!

@GoldenPenguin - I'm not, Target it shit here. They never got their suppliers properly sorted out so the inventory up here was pretty measly, there were often empty shelves, we never got any of the cool designer collections for Target...it was overall really disappointing. I feel awful that 17,600 people are all losing their jobs though; they're all getting about 4 months severance and another department store is extending their own employee discount to the Target employees, plus holding job fairs specifically for them, which hopefully will be a help. I am really looking forward to their sales though...I'm hoping to get lots of organizing stuff for the new house really cheap.

@CLoGreenEyes - OMG you got paid! That should not be as exciting as it is! Those asshats. I'm really sorry that you're not being put where you thought, I hope a better opportunity rolls around really soon :(

@eilis1228 - Thanks! I had a lot of fun but I was so tired once everyone was gone. I particularly love Gordon Ramsay look on disapprovingly in the background of the last picture!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    eilis1228 boo you and warm weather haha; where in Texas are you?  My bf's brother just moved near Austin, so I'll probably be visiting sometime soon (with this weather, the sooner the better).

KeptInStitches I just burst out laughing  I could see my mom saying something like that.

@CLoGreenEyes  Omg, you finally got paid!! I hope they gave you extra, or some extra vacation days, for making you work that long for nothing.

• Options
    @lmcooper86 - that's AWFUL!! I had no idea! 

• Options
    @CLoGreenEyes I'm so glad you finally got paid!!!! But boo your job still sucks for not placing you where you expected. Are you still job searching? Any good prospects?

• Options

I have to admit I am not at all jealous of those of you in the path of the blizzard! It's supposed to get up to 70 here today and I'm loving it!

I finally finished training for my new job and am working at the branch I'll be at permanently. It's so much better than the one I trained at. There's no drive through (I hate helping through the drive through, it's so hard to understand people through the crappy microphones we have) and it's so slow here that I have more time for knotting again!

@GoldenPenguin I love, love, love that rug! The color is awesome!

• Options
    @speakeasy14 I'm in North Texas, but I lived in Austin for about 5 years. It's a beautiful area, and the weather is awesome. You'll love it!

@lmcooper86 LOL I didn't notice him until you mentioned it, and now that's all I see when I look at the pic. Too funny!

@CLoGreenEyes Thank God they paid you! I'm sorry you're still so miserable there. I really hope something better opens up soon.

• Options
    @bethsmiles, congrats on finishing your training! I'm glad you don't have a drive-through - to be honest, I hate the drive through just about everywhere. The mikes are so bad. Some electrical engineer should get on that.
  • Options
    Like @CocoBellaF said, weather here is sunny and gorgeous...supposed to get into the 70s today and tomorrow.  :-)  I spent a couple of years in the Northeast, though, so I feel you blizzard-inundated people.  Stay warm and safe!

@TwoDimes - My hometown hosts an international youth rodeo every year...and I've NEVER been.  (To put that in context, I've lived here a grand total of 24 years).  Maybe this summer I'll make the trip.

@GoldenPenguin - I LOVE that rug!  Blues are my favorite color for decorating, and that design is gorgeous.

@Imcooper86 - I got a CrockPot for Christmas...right now I'm mostly using it to make vast quantities of soup.  Noms noms noms.

Hello ladies!  I've been MIA for the last few days so I've enjoyed reading through the posts I missed.  I hit a bad bit of depression this weekend and stayed in bed all afternoon on Friday and drank my feelings. I'm just now getting back to the real world.

Saturday I felt a little better, and so I was pretty productive both Saturday and yesterday.  I ended up giving my bathroom a super deep-cleaning...I mean, I scrubbed my grout with an electric toothbrush.  The bleach made me a little woozy, but damn is my bathroom clean.

Today I was crazy productive...got to the office earlier than normal and worked away on class prep and job applications.  I sent off 4 applications for private high school teaching jobs today!

And then my entire day went to crap when the women's clinic called and told me that my pap results were abnormal again (for the second year in a row).  So...another colposcopy, another biopsy.  The best part (sarcasm) is that the school switched our insurance earlier this year (to something REALLY crappy), and so the doctor who did my tests last year (who I've known forever...he delivered my brother, who's now 20) is no longer covered and I'm going to have to find a new OBGYN to get all up in my business, because the women's clinic doesn't do any testing beyond the pap.

So now I'm sad and all I really want is for Mr. Historian to make me dinner but of course he's not here because his job really sucks and I hate it and so I'm going to yoga and ballet and then let myself eat ice cream.

Also, I stream-of-consciousness when I'm feeling ALL the feels.
  • Options

To kill the last 10 minutes of my day, I am going to pose a question to you lovely ladies.

I will be finishing the TY notes for my shower tonight. One of the notes I have to write is for the girl who bought me the apron and underwear. I've been mentioning the specific gifts in my TYs...but I don't know what to do in this case! It feels really weird for me to mention underwear to someone that I don't really know all that well, but it would also be really obvious if I only mentioned the apron! She did also include a cookie recipe in her card; apparently FI ate like a dozen of those cookies in the car one time? I don't know how she remembered that...whatever.

Anyways, what say you NEY? I'm probably overthinking this...it just seems so weird!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited January 2015
    I posted and then got a suggestion from FI. I really hope he isn't serious!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @lmcooper86 You could always say something vague like, "Thank you for your generous and fun gifts. I can't wait to try out the cookie recipe!" Mentioning the cookie recipe shows that you remember everything, and it kind of serves as a way of bean dipping the undies. 

• Options
    @Imcooper86 - I'd probably just say "thank you for the generous gifts" and then only mention specifically the apron.  That way you've covered both your bases but don't have to talk about the underwear specifically.  I'd feel awkward talking about underwear with someone I barely know as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards