Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Too good to be True

I'm getting married in Sept. And I've been looking for a Maggie Sottero bridal gown called Rosabel , Retail price is over $1000 however I found a website called bridalgown4love.com, who has the dress for a little over $200. I've emailed the site asking about the authenticity of the gown, they haven't emailed me back. I've looked at the sites reviews and they are really good. How do I know if this is real or not? Is this really too good to be true..Help please!!!!

Re: Too good to be True

• Options
    Chinese knock off gowns are too good to be true. You can't pay $200 for a $1000 dress and expect it to look good.

If you like that gown but can't afford new, I would check preownedweddingdresses.com to see if you can buy one used. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    WhatawagSBNyWhatawagSBNy member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Maggie Sottero Co is tighter than some about their stock. No one may sell dresses below a certain price or they permanently lose their license and. MS takes back all unsold dresses.

Maggie Sottero dresses are never allowed to be sold by a store to a discounter.

The only way you can get a 1000 Maggie for under $800 anywhere is if a private person bought it, wore it or not , and resells it.
    Bridal gown for love or whatever is selling either stolen merchandise or fakes. And for 200 dollars you cannot duplicate the quality materials in a Maggie.
    Do not buy. And be nice and sent the site link to contact MS on the website. Someone in my quilting group was first to report a salon selling knockoffs with MS labels inside. She was first to report it and got a generous merchandise certificate a couple months later after checking it out.
  • Options
    there is a place that sells discounted maggies that are ligit its called vows bridal outlet in ma. they sell only sample gowns that are older styles they have maggies on discount but i believe they can discount them because of the fact they are samples and they are discontiunued stock 
  • Options

there is a place that sells discounted maggies that are ligit its called vows bridal outlet in ma. they sell only sample gowns that are older styles they have maggies on discount but i believe they can discount them because of the fact they are samples and they are discontiunued stock 

Correct. These are sample gowns sold to the stores, used by those trying on gowns. They may have had 5 or a hundred fifteen minute wearings, and have been chemically treated and cleaned. They are used gowns.

They can be excellent bargains. This store and others authorized are honest about what they are selling.

It is the websites promising brand new for 200 dollars that are fraudulent.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards