Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Photobooth Prop Idea

I am trying to think of unique & creative ideas for props for our photobooth, and came up with the idea of life-sized cardboard cutouts for people to pose with.  I am prepared for some pretty inappropriate pictures, but I think that they could be pretty fun overall.  We would also have props for people to use and props to add to our cutouts if people wish.

What do you guys think?  I think the whole idea could be really fun overall, but I can't help but shake the idea that having a lifesize cardboard version of myself is pretty cheesy/tacky.  Also, my fiance thinks it shows that we don't have time to take pictures with people (which, lets be honest, we won't have time to stand at the photobooth the whole night for photos).

Re: Photobooth Prop Idea

• Options
    atlastmrsgatlastmrsg member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Seriously?

• Options
    It depends on your crowd. If they're unconventional sorts, they might find it funny. I'd laugh, but I know people that wouldn't. 
    There's always someone ready to look on the sour side. If that concerns you, don't. If you could give a flying fuck, and think your friends would get the joke, go. 
  • Options
    Seems like the line will take longer because people will be dragging giant carboard cutouts in and out, taking time to set them up, etc...

For our photobooth, we went to Party City and got some fun hats and other props. We also went to Michael's and go those naked wood frames (like $2 in the wood craft aisle) and spray painted them a different color on each side. Those were a hit - pretty much everyone used them. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    OK Thanks!

Good point about the line, I hadn't thought about that. I did plan on having the more traditional "favors" to use also, I just wasn't sure if adding the cutouts would be worthwhile. 

I'll have to think about it a bit more!! The response was pretty favorable from a few of my friends that I launched the idea off of. 

Thanks!
  • Options
    If you want to do cutouts, I'd just set up a separate area with a backdrop so people don't have to haul them in and out of the photobooth.
  • Options
    Why not just do faces on Popsicle sticks? That cuts down on the "hauling" awkward cutouts around, but still lets people pose with them. Plus, life-size cutouts like that are pretty expensive. You could print the faces on your printer at home.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards