Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Where did you get your veil?

I bought my dress at David's and didn't like any of the veils they have. Where do I go now? Is there an online shop that is popular?

Re: Where did you get your veil?

• Options
    I bought mine in eBay for very cheap, from China. I figured if it was awful, I was only out $13. I glad I got it though because it's seriously fine for the time I'll be wearing it.
  • Options
    I made mine.

Check out Ebay or Etsy or even preownedweddingdresses.com in the accessory section.

• Options
    You could go to another bridal shop that isn't David's and see what they have!  Bridal shop veils tend to be pricey though. 

My sister got hers at a local sewing shop that happens to sell veils for a really good deal. Might be worth checking to see if you have something like that in your area!
    --

• Options
    edited January 2015
    i got one identical to what the bridal store showed me (and wanted to charge me $300) on etsy for $95 so i definitely recommend etsy. i have actually bought a lot of things for my wedding on there.
  • Options
    I got mine where I bought my dress, so I was able to wear the sample of my dress and make sure they went well together. I would be wary of buying a veil without seeing how it matches my dress. There were some veils I thought I'd love in theory that I ended up not liking when I actually put it on. 
  • Options
    I got mine from Ebay. I didn't budget for a veil and my Mom insisted (and convinced me) to wear one so I just ordered a really cheap one. It was $8 and surprisingly better quality than I would expect but it's a very simple, short 1T veil with no embellishments so I can't imagine how anyone could mess that up.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got mine from this Etsy seller...loved it and so much cheaper. https://www.etsy.com/shop/foreverveils
  • Options
    Got mine on etsy.  It was much cheaper than bridal stores.  I only planned on wearing it for the ceremony and pictures and really didn't care much about it to spend much on it. 
  • Options
    I bought mine from http://obridal.com, which was recommended by another lady here.  I loved that it was really customizable - from length, to shape, to trim, clip, and decoration - and I had no problems at all even though I requested something that wasn't on their list of options.  It wasn't $13, but it was a lot less expensive than what was available in the local boutiques.  
  • Options
    I almost rented one from Rent the Runway to have just in case I changed my mind.  But I ended up being completely sure I didn't want one.
  • Options
    I got mine from a Chinese knockoff site because it was less than $15 and all I wanted was a bit of tulle on a comb. I figured I was willing to take a $15 gamble and it turned out fine. I wouldn't do it if you want something big and elaborate, but if you want something simple it might be worth the risk for you too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got a custom one from Etsy for about $70. 

• Options
    Ebay... $2.00 for a 2 layer cathedral length ivory veil...softer the most of the ones I tried in the dress shops....got really lucky
  • Options
    I wouldn't recommend Ebay. I tried ordering from Ebay and the quality was just awful. I would stay away from veils made in China. You can't get something for $5.00 and expect it to look good.

There is a couple of cool websites that sell handmade veils and let you customize it to your specifications.

www.victoriasweddingveils.com
    www.occanseydesigns.com

Also, you can look on Etsy. They have lots of shops that sell handmade veils at reasonable prices.
  • Options
    LuciaG10 said:
    I wouldn't recommend Ebay. I tried ordering from Ebay and the quality was just awful. I would stay away from veils made in China. You can't get something for $5.00 and expect it to look good.

There is a couple of cool websites that sell handmade veils and let you customize it to your specifications.

www.victoriasweddingveils.com
    www.occanseydesigns.com

Also, you can look on Etsy. They have lots of shops that sell handmade veils at reasonable prices.
    If you just want something simple, there's no reason a cheap one can't look good. Mine is just two layers with finished edges, looks exactly the same as the $200 ones at the salon, and was a cheap gamble to try. I don't know if something with lace or other embellishments would be a good idea, but why pay so much for a piece of tulle sewn to a comb? I don't get it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got mine from this etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CLCOSTADESIGNS

I can't say enough about the proprietor. My dress is not white, it is ivory that actually sometimes looks a little blush and is also kind of shimmery. I was not sure fabric color to order and she sent me samples. The color I picked goes perfect and the veil is lovely. I paid about $80 for a veil with very pretty details.  
  • Options
    flyingfoxesflyingfoxes member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015

I  went cheap on the original veil I bought from Wedding Factory Direct - and the tulle was stiff, and actually cracked a couple of holes in a few spots while it was just hanging in my closet.  Good thing I changed dresses and was going to get a new veil anyway - cheap isn't always the best option.  My veil from Etsy is of a MUCH better, softer quality.

She has simple veils for under $40 - CLICK

• Options
    My friend sent me to this etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BellaBridalVeils  

She's sending me samples of the tulle, and seems to be very reasonably priced. I just want a cathedral length veil with either a pencil edge, or a raw edge. Likely shimmery tulle. The cheapest one I found at a bridal salon was $160 for a raw edged shimmery cathedral length veil. It was so ridiculously priced I couldn't deal with it. The pencil edged ones were going for $200+/ This shop sells the same ones for about $50. 
  • Options
    I got mine from this etsy store - https://www.etsy.com/shop/BellaBridalVeils

The veil is amazing quality and I love it! Cheap too!
  • Options
    I made mine, it was pretty easy to do and cost me under $5 but it is a birdcage.
  • Options
    I made my daighter's cathedral length veil for about $6. I'm glad we didn't spend a lot because it got stuck to the bling on her dress and headband...it didn't tear but I would have been more concerned if it had been an expensive veil.
  • Options

I am using my mom's cathedral length veil...Her best friend is just going to glitz it up a little bit. Its 43 years old but in mint condition and matches my dress perfectly....

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards