Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday stuff

1. I keep thinking it's Thursday

2. BIL and SIL are vaguebooking again.  I keep saying I won't worry, but when they both post "Sweet Baby Jesus please be with us" within a minute of each other then nothing else.....

3. I love bonus Wednesday when 6let has kinder, but when did this 100 days of school became a thing?

4.  We have 3 parties this weekend.  None of them superbowl.  DH seems to think we will be home in time for the game though.  Party ends at 4, but it's an hour away. Pretty sure we'll be expected to clean up and the only one walking out of the house at 4 will be sFIL.

Re: Wednesday stuff

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2015
    1. We're looking at a kid-free weekend.  My nephew is staying at my parent's house Friday night and asked for his cousins to come sleepover.  Then the IL's asked to take the kids on Saturday.  ::crossing my fingers::  that DH doesn't have to work Saturday. 

2. DH's team gave him a custom made cake yesterday for his bday. He was blown away.  Someone else gave him a store bought chocolate fudge cake.  They freaking adore him.  (Also, he found a *HUGE* issue last week and brought it to the attention of the director who said it would 'not go unnoticed'.)

3. They have hired another supervisor who is starting ASAP.  DH can be down to running one department and maybe only work 8-10 hours, instead of 12-13 hours (or 16 hours...as he did on Thursday).  It would be life changing for us.  :) 

4. The IL's are coming over Sunday for January bdays and the Superbowl.  I'm so happy they're coming here.  They haven't been to our house since November.  
  • Options
    Everything is coming up Conn!!
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2015
    I forgot one! 

ALSO, remember that we had to have the engine rebuilt on the Acadia this past summer (because it threw two rods and other bad stuff)?  Yeah, so before our engine went out...our remote start stopped working.  DH and I just dealt with it instead of worrying about paying to fix it.  Well, someone mentioned to us that since the engine was rebuilt the remote start may work again...I totally forgot about it until today and it popped in my head as a random thought.  Sure enough, our remote start works again!!  w00t!!  

FWP: Resolved! ::check mark:: 
  • Options
    I just can't believe it's almost February.  One minute it's a new year, the next minute January is practically over.
  • Options
    I see all these 100 days of school projects on fb every year, 6, and I'm glad our schools don't do it.  And all of the fb pics scream "look what I found on pinterest and put together myrself with no help from my 6yo."

I've got regular wednesday errands to run this morning after I drop son at school.  I did a lot of cleaning yesterday and laundry is current, so I'm not sure what else I'm going to do today.
  • Options

His was nothing more than counting 100 things of an approved snack list.  They'll mix it together and eat it at school so it wasn't a huge deal, but....

• Options

The 100 days of school has been a thing since my oldest was in elementary and he's almost 29 - so a long time.  I can't even count how many projects we have made with 100 of something - shirts, necklaces, posters - with 3 kids you name it and we did it.  One of my favorites was a shirt that we drew a monster on and covered with 100 googly eyes.  Dil is out this year since GS was born last week but at her school all the teachers dress like old people, she always rules since my GM lived with us we have tons of accessories, lol.

I got gas last night (with Kroger points for 1.03 a gallon)  I had H follow me there and we filled my car and his work jeep to maximize my points. The little things that excite me, lol.

• Options
    6fsn said:

His was nothing more than counting 100 things of an approved snack list.  They'll mix it together and eat it at school so it wasn't a huge deal, but....

DD is just having a class party, and so far we haven't been asked to do or send anything, so maybe it will be kind of low key.  We'll see.

S/O DD and 100, she has been saving her allowance, and was up to $15.  Then she found $3 she forgot she had, and when we saw my grandma, she gave each of the kids $20.  (DS just wanted to eat his, but DD got all googly eyed.  I though DH was sort of money obsessed because he grew up kind of poor, but DD is the same way and I'm starting to think it's genetic.)

This morning, she asked me how much she'll have when she gets her allowance on Friday, so we did the math together and came up with $43.  I told her that was a lot of money, and asked her what she was going to do with it.  "I'm going to save it until I have $100, and then I can buy anything I want!"  I admire her optimism, but also damn, I was probably in my teens before I managed to save up $100.  Now she wants to count the contents of her piggy bank when we get home...
  • Options
    @Heffa- 6let regularly wants to count and roll change. It's actually a decent activity for the other two to count and sort and him to roll and do the math.  "How many dimes to make $2?"  Then we take some to the bank, some to donate, some to save at home, and some to spend.
  • Options
    Has 6let even been to school 100 days?  DD's class did a few 100 days activities, but nothing that involved me bringing in 100 of anything, so that was cool. I totally felt like I dodged a bullet there.

6fsn - regarding your #4 - - why would you be expected to clean up at someone else's party?  This is what you do - you scoop up your three kids, say goodbye, and walk out the door.  You could even add in "we've got a long drive home" if you wanted to, but it's not necessary.

• Options

Happy birthday Auntflo2.0!

With the oddball schedule I doubt he has. It was just 100 M&Ms but when trying to buy them Max found the bag that had opened and was trying to eat them from under the shelves in the store.

The party is GMIL's 90th that I've been bitching about for a month. BIL is having it at his house so I'm sure they think we should help clean up.

• Options
    Happy birthday Aunt Flo!!

• Options
    Wednesday!? 

I'm ready for it to be FRIDAY.  I had a great visit with my friend last night.  We sat, talked and drank at my house for almost 3 hours.  It was so nice.

Also---I made my appointment to cut my hair next Wednesday.  But I'd love to see if she can sneak me in before that.  How rude is it to ask my stylist going on 10 years to help a girl out!? 

• Options
    More randoms:

*I just ordered Fire TV.  It's on sale and I had rewards to use w/Best Buy.  :D  One step closer to dropping cable.  

*I finally took my rings in to have them resized.  I haven't worn them in 4 years.  (Since 3rd tri with DefConn..I'm a terrible wife) I can't wait to get them back. 

*DefConn did not fall out of bed w/o his rail.  He's also staying dry at night more often than not.  Gah.  More things telling me he's not a baby anymore.  Bittersweet. 
  • Options
    Happy birthday, AF!
  • Options
    6, I think you leave just a smidge early b/c of other commitments.  If they're not going to be polite enough to say, "Hey, can you X, Y, and Z" so you can make plans, I don't think you need to hang around out of assumed politeness.  This also comes from me be really tired of people making assumptions about my time.  I love helping out on things for friends; I don't love not being asked to do so.

O-face, ask away.  I know my hairdresser does things for me that he won't do for other clients b/c we have a 13 year relationship (up-dos mainly).

I need it to be Friday in a season with longer days.  It's getting better, but getting dark at 8 sure helps me more.
  • Options
    Thanks for the b-day wishes.  I'm old.  Bah.

• Options
    Yes it needs to stay light later and be warmer.  I need to be able to kick my kids outside. 
  • Options

Flo, is this 4-0?

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

• Options

Flo, is this 4-0?

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

No, 39.  
    What makes it worse is my husband will be 37 for two more weeks, so he likes to remind me of the "2 year" age difference as often as he can in this two week time period.  Next year will be brutal.
  • Options

When I was at the gyno yesterday, she said "Oh!  Next time we'll have to start you on mammograms."

^^^ Old.
  • Options
    Heffalump said:

When I was at the gyno yesterday, she said "Oh!  Next time we'll have to start you on mammograms."

^^^ Old.
    Yeah, I've already started on those since my mom had breast cancer.  They're not too bad - - the place I go to tries to make it into a spa-like experience.  My only complaint is that they don't make the machines for short people, so I think it's probably a lot more uncomfortable/awkward than it has to be.  I mean, I have to stand on my toes.  Seriously?
  • Options
    Yay for the Conns, happy birthday AF2, and go get laid, Pmeg ;)

Today is an interesting morning as DD started running a fever about 20 minutes before we had to head out for work. I hope she is better by the time we have her party. Today was not my planned WAH day, so I had to go to work to get my laptop and take DD with me. In that trip, plus a trip to Mickey D's for a drink/restroom, DD got the following:

Bag of gummy bears
    Free banana
    Free happy meal toy without any purchase of a happy meal

Quite a haul for a sickie. Thank goodness for wall-to-wall PBSKids today.

And yeah, never heard of the 100 days of school concept at all, even when I was a kid. Until this year.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I recently got another over 40 surprise. I swear stuff starts changing, yo.

• Options
    Please spill Nola. That number is coming up for me.
  • Options
     And yeah, never heard of the 100 days of school concept at all, even when I was a kid. Until this year.
    I never heard of it until this post. weird. 

Yay Conns! Happy Birthday AF! 

Hooray for bulk condoms! Sounds like the new meds are doing something positive, Pmeg. :-)

New job responsibilities officially will start tomorrow since co-worker is leaving today. We had a nice lunch for her. Had a long talk with my boss, yesterday, and he told me what I need to do in the new job to push for promotions/leadership roles. (The person I'm replacing was probably 3 levels higher than me, and 15 years more experienced, so it's really a growth opportunity for someone in my role/with my experience.) I love the clarity that I get from him. I think it helps that he's only a few years older than me, so that whole "generational differences" factor doesn't come into play.
  • Options

Fibroids.

Ain't no body got time for that....

3. Yes!!!

My only symptoms are a slightly heavier period, but it's very common in AA women over 40. Other ladies get them too, but we tend to get them more. Not sure if I'm going to deal with them until the ol' menopause happens or get them removed.

Removing them when you still hope to have a baby means a big scar and 4-6 weeks of recovery. Sucks. I'm in no rush to make a decision.

<that's my lady garden info of the day>

• Options

Hm, I thought you were going to say something about random hairs or body fluids.

I also found the source of the vaguebooking:  DH and BIL's niece is expecting.  No she isn't married and she's not the brightest bulb out there, but there are far worse situations and I actually think she'll be a good mom.  She's 24, has a good job, and has been with her guy for 2 years.

Pretty sure teen mom with two baby daddies shouldn't be judging here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards