Not Engaged Yet

Guess what day it is.

I have a Devils game tonight for the first time in... I can't remember how long. It's a later game which I hate because it means getting home and going to bed get pushed back at least 30 minutes. 

H and I watched EIGHT episodes of SOA last night. Shit is intense. I can't stop watching, it's all I can think about. I might be addicted. 

Re: Guess what day it is.

• @swazzle I totally just said that commercial in my head lol. DH is also addicted to SOA. I didn't get into it with him so I'm lost when I watch it but it is intense!

My stomach was still feeling out of sorts this morning. I think I've just been having really bad indigestion so I've been drinking lots of water to help things move along. UGH it still sucks though.

So our mailman hasn't come by in two days and I've had two letters to send out. I don't know what happened to him?!? I went to drop them off at the post office today but I hope he is ok.

• @southernpeach89 - That's really strange about your mailman. Even if he's sick or something, wouldn't they send a replacement?

@TwoDimes - Sons of Anarchy, H and I didn't watch when it was on TV and started binge watching not too long ago. Without giving anything away about House of Cards.... were you completely shocked when you watched season 2 episode 1? I did NOT see that coming. Awesome job on the weight loss!

• How is it only Wednesday???

@Swazzle - Enjoy watching the Devils kills the Leafs tonight. They've tanked so badly in the last month, it's unbelievable. A lot of people are saying they should just dump the rest of the season and try to get a higher draft pick.

@TwoDimes - Congrats on hitting your goal!

Wednesday...boooooo. I am just not feeling it this week, work is boring and it's absolutely freezing here.

FI is taking his car to the dealership today for the trade in :( I'm so sad, I know he's doing it voluntarily, but I also know this wasn't his first choice. He loves his car and I feel bad that being a responsible adult is making him sad. I don't know how to explain it. Our new car is arriving mid-February so we'll just be using his work truck for the next few weeks, or borrowing cars from his parents.

I had to run a couple errands last night so I didn't make it to the gym, but I think I can exercise tonight. FI will be coming over a bit later than usual since he has to drop off the car, so I can probably prep dinner and then get in a work out before he shows up.

Is it Friday yet?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @swazzle have fun at the game! 

@southernpeach89 try ginger tea or snacking on some ginger, it helps a lot with stomach problems.

@twodimes Congrats on hitting that weight milestone!  

This week is restaurant week in one of the local cities. I always use restaurant week to try out a new place. Most of the ones participating this year we've gone to, but there is a wine bar that I have always wanted to try. Hopefully I can get a reservation tonight, otherwise I'll be booking for tomorrow.  

• I'm with @lmcooper86 - How is it only Wednesday?!

@TwoDimes - Congrats on the weight!!! Can't wait to see dress pics!

@SouthernPeach89 - Peppermint tea might help too.  Sorry. :(

@Swazzle - I've never seen SOA.  I just started watching The Fall (I love Gillian Anderson) and its addictive enough for me.

@Speakeasy14 - Have fun with restaurant week!  I love that week here.

-------------------------------------

Working today but MUCH less tired.  I worked out for 90 minutes last night because I missed Monday (spin and cardio class) so I fell into bed pretty early.  Feeling great today and going to go to spin again and a core class. Seriously, though, how is it not Friday yet?

• Morning, ladies. @southernpeach89 - I hope you feel better!

Tonight I'm heading down to DC to have dinner with two of my cousins. One goes to American Univ, the other lives in Miami but is in town visiting her BF. I haven't seen the latter in probably six years and she's a little cray cray. But I love Matchbox, and I know there will be wine, so I'm excited, even if we are a random mix. (One is 20, the other is 30, and I'm 39!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @lmcooper86 - The Devils are really terrible as well! Should be a... good?... game hahahaha

@speakeasy14 - It's restaurant week here too! I'm hoping to try a new place next week. 

@minskat30 - It's reeeeeeeeeeeeally good. I suggest checking it out next time you're looking for a new series to watch!

@cu97tiger - Mmmmm Matchbox. That's where we went when I visited, right? 

• @twodimes, congrats on the weight loss!

I spent last night knitting on my mom's scarf. It spent most of the evening at the stage where no matter how much you work the project doesn't get bigger. I'll finish it this evening for sure. Otherwise FI and I finished putting together the daybed and figured out what we need to shop for tonight after church.
  • @Swazzle -That's what I would think... and I've seen the mailman in our neighborhood but I think it might be different guy than who delivers to house since our neighborhood is pretty large. I don't know lol.

@speakeasy14 , @minskat30 , @cu97tiger -Thank you! I'll have to stop by the grocery store today to get some supplies.
  • @cu97tiger MATCHBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my nom! 

@twodimes yay for weight loss goals!! 

Last night I stayed up late (for me) to watch Walk of Shame. It was pretty funny. No-Uh, thankfully slept through my snickers. I'm feeling the late bedtime this morning, though. I would really love a giant caramel macchiato right now. 
    I talked to the plumbers yesterday, and they have us on the schedule for next Tuesday. I'm a little annoyed that it's taking this long, but I understand that workload is workload. It's more of an annoyed with life, less annoyed with the plumber. 
    Tonight we're having shredded pork butt sandwiches and sweet potato fries. I needed an easy dinner where there are hardly any dishes to wash (we turn the water on for an hour at night to take quick showers and wash dishes). Other than that, I need to go get makeup at Ulta. I'm fresh out of my foundation powder and I'm having a break out week, so I need it.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @swazzle - Yes! We're going to a different location, though. And I will not be either 1) eating a whole pizza by myself or 2) drinking 7 glasses of wine.

• @swazzle Have fun at the game tonight, hopefully you can sleep well afterwards in your NEW HOME!

@southernpeach89 I hope your stomach feels better. And weird about the mail carrier...they should have a sub for them.

@twodimes Yay on the weight loss!

@lmcooper86 Hopefully the new car comes in sooner!

@speakeasy14 I love restaurant week...we just had ours too and we went to 2 different restaurants. Such a great excuse to go out and try somewhere new.

@cu97tiger Have fun at dinner tonight!

Another snow day for me. We shoveled late last night when the wind finally calmed down. It was still snowing, but at least we could see across the street without the wind. The plow cam around 11 and plowed our driveway and in front of our house. There are two massive snow piles in front of my house. I honestly do not know where all of this snow is supposed to go! Anyways, I'll have to keep myself occupied today because I do not feel like driving...it looks so miserable outside. I'll have to find my dress pics and BM dresses and make an AW post eventually. I will say, I have been keeping on the WR stuff!
  • @beanbot2002 - Pork butt! I have one of those in my freezer and you just reminded me to take it out to make pulled pork in a few days :) 

@cu97tiger - When I come back down we have to go back there. That pizza was SO good. Have fun tonight!

@500days - YES FOR DRESS PICS ASAP!

• TGIW, I just wish it was Friday. I'm so not wanting to work today. I find myself spending several hours each day browsing job postings online. I've been slowly working on my LinkedIn profile and I need to re-do my resume. I like the benefits of working near home and the hours etc, but I really, really miss the pay. I could literally make more than double what I am right now by going back to work in a corporate environment. And there are some great jobs out there right now. I just have to get myself fully onboard.

On another note, my mom is getting married on Saturday. I haven't said much about it. I'm not exactly thrilled. I should be happy for her I guess, but I really cannot stand the guy. I still haven't bought shoes for the girls to wear, haven't taken in the little one's dress, and overall can't seem to muster up the desire to do anything for the wedding. Some daughter I am, huh? 

• @TwoDimes - Ha!  Couldn't agree more about pork butt/shoulder.  I had the same thing happen to me but with scallions/green onions when I first started cooking...I felt like an idiot afterwards.  
  • @TwoDimes - I had to google it a while back to find out that they're the same thing! I have no idea why they call it pork butt hahaha

@Ollie08 - I can understand not being overly enthusiastic since you don't like the guy your mom is marrying. That's tough. I hope you have a decent time on Saturday at least! Good food and booze is always something to look forward to, yes?

• 500days Yes for dress pics!  

KeptInStitches Can we see the finished product before you give it to your mom?  

@swazzle everyone keeps telling me I need to watch SOA.  I'm on a comedy binge right now (Always Sunny and Scrubs), but I'll have to add it to my list.

@twodimes hahaha I got the same look from the butcher when I was looking for pork butt. Sorry, a butt is not the same as a shoulder.

@ollie08 I completely understand your lack of enthusiasm for your mom's wedding.  My dad married the woman he cheated on my mom with.  Aside from the fact that she was the other woman, she is rude, always has something to complain about, and enjoys making others feel uncomfortable. We went to the wedding and just sat off to the side silently and politely smiled. 
  • @TwoDimes - Congrats on the weight loss goal!!!

@beanbot2002 - Is it next Tuesday yet? That's so sucky you're having to wait. You'd think it would be an emergency job. I guess the bright side is your water bill should be really low?

@Swazzle - OMG you'd think. They're not doing an open bar though. My mom has been doing things planning this wedding that are cringe-worthy. My brother, cousin and our spouses are making a mobile-bar in the trunk of my car. We'll BYOB to the wedding.

@speakeasy14 - Ha! My dad married the woman he cheated on my mom with too. At least they just eloped and didn't subject any of us to that drama. She's a total bitch too, but we get along a lot better than I do with my mom's FI. That man I just cannot stand. He's like nails on a chalkboard to me. I just want to punch him when he talks lol

• @ollie08 Trunk bar sounds like an amazing plan.  
  • @twodimes - that totally would have thrown me off, too! I'm such a literal person, that if you asked me to get a pork butt, I'd have passed right over the pork shoulders, gone home and told DH 'they didn't have any.' Now I know! ;)

• marylabmarylab member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Thank God it's Wednesday!

@TwoDimes congrats on the weight loss!

@Allusive007 Nice one!Wishing you to enjoy many strolls with 
    your little one.I wanted to say how awesome your dining set it and
    then noticed the adorable cat on the table haha so chubby and cute!

----------------------
    These past days were gone by like crazy.Weekend was full with visiting
    my family and elections.So we accomplished to do the party talk and all
    I can say is that I'm glad I got to do it once my way.At least my parents will be
    there and happy.
    I'm trying to organize exams and work and it's harder than I thought.
    Other than that and rainy days,3 more days until weekend!

• @Swazzle I've been meaning to watch SOA. My mom, who is suuuuper conservative, really liked it, which is really saying something.

@southernpeach89 Your mailman is MIA? That's bizarre. Have your neighbors noticed it too?

@TwoDimes Congrats on the weight loss milestone! That's awesome! Keep up the great work!

@lmcooper86 Adulting can be awful sometimes. I hope you guys are able to get a fun, totally irresponsible car in a few years. 

@speakeasy14 I love restaurant week! I hope you guys are able to try that new restaurant. Have fun!

@minskat30 Spin AND cardio? Holy moly! I'd be crawling out of the gym lol. That's awesome that you doubled up like that. 

@cu97tiger Have fun in DC tonight! 

@KeptInStitches You are a knitting machine! 

@beanbot2002 I can't believe it's taking so long for the plumber to get to you! How is that not an emergency situation? I'm so sorry :( You're handling it really well. Also, pork butt sandwiches and sweet potato fries sounds delicious. I'll just be over here drooling...

@500days Stay safe!

@Ollie08 UGH, I'm sorry :( I can't believe you have to BYOB on top of everything. You should pregame before the ceremony! It may help make your new step-dad a little more bearable. I hope you're able to enjoy the reception!
    --------------------------------------------

Not a whole lot to report here. Tonight I'll be doing a new PiYo workout called Core, so it may hurt to breathe tomorrow. :-P We're nomming on THIS crock pot recipe, and I'm really looking forward to it. I looooooove sesame chicken. My apartment reeks of onion right now though. Reminds me of junior high. lol

I had a lot of fun last night with @audrewuh! It was great meeting an NEYer IRL.  

Work is still astonishingly slow. There's a big conference in Chicago this weekend, and my boss and a bunch of my vendor partners will be attending. I'm sure next week I'll have a to-do list a mile long after my boss gives me her meeting notes... but until then, I'm just twiddling my thumbs at my desk. 

Also, word to the wise... lime gelato flavored tea is no bueno. 

Is it Friday yet?

• What is today? It's my LEEP day! . . Not excited. I took the whole day off to be unexcited.

I want to respond to EVERYONE, but I'm writing on my phone today and that would be a pain in the ass for me because compared to my typing speed, I am a snail on here.

Has anyone watched the movie Bronson? We watched it last night and I've upgraded Tom Hardy to my favorite actors list. Plus his body is so fucking hot. Then again, he's always playing a pretty violent character but, Confession: violent movie characters can be pretty hot for me. Between Lawless, Warrior, Peaky Blinders, Inception, and now Bronson, I may be having Tom Hardy related dreams for a while.

• @MaryLab - Thanks! I do have the fattest cat ever. She's like a grey and black Garfield. I think it's because she eats the dog food, because all I buy her is the light dry cat food. She is a lover though...and she can take our 50 lb aussie on and kick his butt!

I actually purchased the dining set on overstock a couple years ago. I hadn't seen it in person, but loved it and got a great deal. It's really well made and even has a hidden leafe built in. It's been an awesome set that will last us years to come!

• @eilis1228 - Wow! That actually surprises me. There's sex, nudity, cursing, drug/alcohol abuse, violence. Not what I imagine a conservative woman watching! That recipe looks AMAZING. Report back!

@AlPacina - Good luck today! Get lots of rest. 

• @Swazzle - So they'll be fighting to lose I guess? I'll probably watch as background noise while I do stuff at home. I feel really awful saying this...but I don't care that the Leafs likely won't make the playoffs this year...I don't want there to be a playoff game on our wedding day!! I very selfishly don't want most of the male guests checking the score every 5 minutes and FI gets super crusty when they lose. I'm a bad fan this year, sorrynotsorry.

@500days - We shall see! borrowing from his parents is no problem, so it's not a big deal. Enjoy your snow day!

@Ollie08 - UGH, I'm sorry that you aren't looking forward to the wedding. That's a hard spot to be in, when you want to be happy for someone but just don't totally feel it. Maybe trunk bar will help with that on Saturday ;)

@allusive007 - I was just looking at the stroller and thinking how nice it looks...and then @marylab commented about your cat and that's all I can see now! He's huge! He looks like my parents' cat who is also a monster cat.

@eilis1228 - FI says he will one day. His dad has 2 nice cars and FI works for the family company, so as long as things don't go horrible wrong there's no reason why he can't get a fun car in the future. It's just better to not have a super high payment every month right now...I can think of many better things we can do with the $500/month we'll be saving. And you're braver than I am, I wouldn't have even TRIED that tea...it sounds revolting.

I had no idea that pork butt and pork shoulder were the same thing until this thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Aggghhh so much to catch up on!!

@allusive007 I love the stroller! Are you having a baby shower?

@southernpeach89 I'm sending vibes to your stomach so it will stop feeling so yucky! Did your mailbox ever get replaced? Does it have your house number on it somewhere? Maybe that's part of the problem.

@TwoDimes Congrats on reaching your weight loss goal! You better AW ALL THE PICTURES from dress shopping this weekend or else I'll be really sad.

@Ollie08 I approve the trunk bar. I hope it makes your mom's wedding a little more bearable.

Not much going on here. I'm helping to train our new team member later this afternoon so she can start taking over a couple of my projects. I'm WAY overloaded at work and can give like the minimum amount of attention to everything because of it so I'm really looking forward to some team load balancing. It will allow me to deliver a better quality product and service to the responsibilities I'm keeping!

Tonight I should probably work on the walls again. I've taken the last two nights off because I needed to catch up on other house chores and then I just wanted to relax after our super busy weekend. My goal is to have everything completed before the end of February so I need to quit being such a bum in the evenings! 

• @Swazzle I was shocked she said she enjoyed it. She also watched Breaking Bad and really liked it, so I guess she's branching out. 

@lmcooper86 Oh I totally understand on the monthly payment bit. It just sucks having to be a grown up and make decisions like that. That's great that he'll be able to get a fun car in the near-ish future. And yes, that tea was awful. It was the last tea to try from my David's Tea advent calendar. I figured it would be gross, and it definitely was. I threw it out after one sip and switched to a Harvest Pear tea. Muuuuuch better!

• @lmcooper86 - I'm never insanely sad when the Devils miss the playoffs because it saves me SO much money! The year of our wedding (it was the year after we made it to the finals) I was especially relieved we didn't make it far lol 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards