Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Father Daughter Song

My dad has never been the protective type. He's always been more of a buddy. We have the same personality and many of the same interests.  Many of the father daughter songs are about the dad being protective or having a hard time letting go.  Do you have any ideas for songs that may match that type of relationship?

I am thinking, "My Girl" or "Imagine" by John Denver.  But I don't know if there are more. 

Re: Father Daughter Song

• Options
    James Taylor or Carole King, "You've Got a Friend" 
  • Options
    You don't have to stick with stereotypical father/daughter songs. 

"The Way You Look Tonight" is a popular song, and there are a few versions out there. I like the original by Frank Sinatra.
  • Options
    We ended up not doing parent dances, but here are some I was considering:

Bob Marley- "Three Little Birds" or "High Tide or Low Tide"
    The Beatles- "In My Life" or "All You Need is Love"
    Tom Petty- "Wildflower"
    Amos Lee- "Sweet Pea"
    Ben E. King- "Stand by Me"
    Beach Boys- "God Only Knows"
    Marvin Gaye- "Ain't No Mountain"
  • Options
    Do whatever matches you and your dads relationship.  My dad and I always dance to Rocky Top, so I think we are going to start off as a slow stereotypical song and then have it lead into Rocky Top.
  • Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    What a Wonderful World.....the Michael Buble version!
  • Options
    Talk to your dad about it and see what he thinks! My dad always took my sister and I to N'Sync and Backstreet Boys concerts when we were little kids, and because of that we actually danced to an N'Sync song.  We picked it together and it was based on really happy memories of my childhood with my dad.
  • Options
    My dad and I also went with a song that reminded us of my childhood. He used to play a Bobby Darin album all the time, so we went with "Beyond the Sea" - upbeat and fun... and short!
  • Options
    My dad is the same way so instead of the stereotypical songs, I picked the song that reminded me most of my dad. "Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole is perfect for me since my dad and I spent countless hours watching The Wizard of Oz (and horrible karaoke) while I grew up and the song is beautiful. Can't wait to dance to it with my dad!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards