Wedding Reception Forum
Options

food problems

We are having a 2 pm wedding and i know assuming ppl will eat before the wedding is something i shouldnt do because we are getting married early in the day.  But would a meat and cheese plater be a bad idea?? with a few side dishes?

Re: food problems

• Options
    How long is your wedding going to be?

For example, if you plan on having a 4-5 hour reception with a bar and dancing I would say you need more than just meat and cheese platter.

If you are planning on a short reception after your ceremony then that is fine.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

Agree with lyndausvi that it depends on how long you expect the reception to last (also, remember that the less food and drink options there are, the more likely your reception is going to be on the shorter side as people tend to head out earlier).

It's certainly not required that you have anything else (I assume you're at least having cake and punch).  But in my family we tend to schedule events for non-meal times (so 2-4:30) and whenever I'm hosting I tend to provide other things to nosh on and I think people appreciate having a little snack or other food to cut down on the sweetness of the cake and punch.  I usually do a veggie tray, a fruit tray for people who can't/won't do cake but still want something sweet, and meat/cheese and crackers.  If I remember, I'll also set out some mixed nuts and buttermints.

• Options
    zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2015
    We are having a 2 pm wedding and i know assuming ppl will eat before the wedding is something i shouldnt do because we are getting married early in the day.  But would a meat and cheese plater be a bad idea?? with a few side dishes?
    We need more details on what your reception plans are.
  • Options
    Instead of "sides," consider a spread that resembles a tea party.  Small sandwiches, cucumber wraps, chicken salad pita pockets, crudite, etc. to go along with either mini desserts or cake and punch.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards