Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Who cut the cake?

Has anyone heard of the caterers cutting the cake before the Bride and Groom. It happened at my daughter's wedding 2 weeks ago!!  The cake cutting was announced and we looked over and saw the top was missing and slices had been removed.  They returned the top, which was now lopsided and squished in and turned the cake around to try and hide the slices removed.  My daughter was upset but continued with the cutting.  The cake looks awful in the pictures, but the bride and groom are beautiful.  They admitted the mistake and agreed to refund us the cake, which was beautiful before the damage was done.  It still tasted good.

Re: Who cut the cake?

• Oh my gosh! I've never heard of that! Did the photographer at least get some pictures of the cake before it was sliced? Maybe he/she could photoshop the pictures of the full cake in where the sliced cake was with the bride and groom... At least the caterers refunded the cake...but still...wow! That's a new one to me!
  • it sounds like they made a mistake, sorry that happened!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, that's the first time I've ever heard of that happening.  Professional caterers who are experienced with weddings should have enough common sense to know that the bride and groom are supposed to cut it first!  What a bunch of morons... lol.  I'm glad you got a refund at least. FWIW, I think this is a great example of why it's so important for brides to make sure that they have a specific timeline for the reception and that the caterer, DJ, etc. all receive copies and sign off on it.  That way you know you're all on the same page as far as what's going to happen and when.  I was a pretty laidback bride, but I still gave our DJ a very long and detailed outline of how I wanted things to proceed... lol.  It might be a little excessive but better safe than sorry. 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards